What's So Fun About This?

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

What's So Fun About This?

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

What Just Happened........

The uncomfortable sensation in your mind eventually subsides once you feel yourself stop spinning. Though still unable to see anything as your eyes recover from the flash, your other senses are wide awake.

You can feel a warm breeze on your face and exposed skin.

A hard surface of cool rock is evident underneath you.

The sounds of distant jungle animals can be heard on the breeze.

You can hear several others groaning and moving around nearby you, also apparently fumbling to regain their bearings.

The distinct smell of humidity and wet foliage assaults your nose.

Some hear a disturbing gurgling noise along with strange clacking sounds and the scent of fresh lobster.

The bright light that blinded you seems to be taking a few minutes to blink away, but there is a clear improvement in your vision after only a few moments.

Now all you need to do is figure out what just happened to you.

Actions?

Since I will be away for a while, please feel free to roleplay this situation out as much as you like in my stead. I will let each player post at least one action before I update here, so that should give me a little extra time to sprinkle in some information whenever I can, to keep things moving in the right direction.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: What's So Fun About This?

#2 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

After her body/mind settle down to more normal she tries to get a bearing on where she is. She will use identify animals/plants to help determine if this is the same island.

See others she was not with she will also determine who she knows and does not know.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Rolls over and looks around. trying to clear the cobwebs from his head. What was that? Did Momma Come back? My back is killing me why is it always rocks? Who is here and is anyone hurt?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric blinks her eyes repeatedly trying to regain her senses. What just happened. Is...everyone...ok? She props herself up into a sitting position and looks around.

Cresty

GET AWAY FROM ME YOU MULTIHEADED DRAGON BEAST!!!!!...wait...is this all a dream?

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by jemmus »

Homely and socially awkward young ranger Theo blinks, looks around, and rubs his short and rather patchy beard. "Now we not only don't know when in time we are, but where we are," he thinks. He hopes that the team's mind Andron will have a theory to test.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche/Aliendron

Andron rapidly blinks his unusually large, black, alien eyes as they adjust to the after effects of the blinding flash of light ... light ... he thought, recalling rumours from sailors about seeing flashes of bright light from the island, likely how it received its odd name ... Big Shiny Island.

Why now, though? What happened?

They were obviously in a different place, and from the sounds and smells away from the jungle, although within distance to hear its animals' sounds. The warm breeze and wet humidity, the rock beneath his feet, suggesting a rocky outcropping near the sea? The distinct sound and smell of lobsters of unusual size was a bit disconcerting ...
GET AWAY FROM ME YOU MULTIHEADED DRAGON BEAST!!!!!...
A sudden shouting interrupted any further musing. The voice though, it was familiar. "Sir Crest- Cresty?!" He ventured with his new raspy, alien voice. "Cresty, is that you?" He continues to blink his eyes rapidly, trying to locate the fallen paladin.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Stands up tall and clears the flash from his eyes. He makes sure that Comet is still with him and them he tries to take stock of whom is around and where he is.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake regains his footing and looks around for Maag, Daisy, Feanol, Liam, The Princess and Yrias and attempts to understand what happened to the souls that put trust in his plan.

If he does not see one or more of them then he will call out for them.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Damn magic!" the young Elf maiden yells. Waiting for her head to clear and her sight to return. She reaches out and calls Gnodric to her if he's not already on her shoulder. She looks around seeing some friends and others that are not those she knows. Seeing the strange smooth skinned creature calling out to others in common, she looks at him and says "we are from the refugees from Beachtown, we were leaving there to head into the island interior when we were brought here, wherever here is, in a blinding flash. Was this your work, or some other mage or demons?"

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by kruk »

Quonundrum wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:14 pm Andronichishche/Aliendron
A sudden shouting interrupted any further musing. The voice though, it was familiar. "Sir Crest- Cresty?!" He ventured with his new raspy, alien voice. "Cresty, is that you?" He continues to blink his eyes rapidly, trying to locate the fallen paladin.

Andron?! ANDRON! Over here! WHAT!!!! What...happened to you? The fighter instantly grabs for his sword just in case.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam groans and stands up... probably last to get his bearings and move. What in the nine hells was that... where are we? one hand rubs his back, feeling an old war injury from way back that usually only plagues him when it is cold... or wet... or morning... or late at night... or about to rain... or he is tired... or just waking up... or been sitting too long... or walking too long... okay, it bugs him all the time, but that is beside the point! His other hand is on his head as he waits for his eyes to refocus. Where the devil are we?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Hello Cresty, good to see you are still with us. It appears that most or perhaps all of the explorers on this island have been brought together."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm runs for an instant and suddenly stops short. "Hey. Were are those huge lizards?..." He looks around. "Where am I?" He looks for a place to hide.

Elnaerel is dumbfounded like everyone else. "This is unnatural." When she sees Feanol she approaches her, she's her kin and best friend since they arrived in the island after all, and they haven't got much time to speak in the last days with all the events. "Whatever this is, Feanol, let's remain together." She brings her morning star out, just in case.

Yrias remains apparently calm as he studies the new enviromments. "Momma..."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Blinking as his sight returns and discovering himself to be surrounded by known visages who were not previously with the party as well as others he has never seen, Chauncey comes to the most likely conclusion that they have been teleported somewhere. A close second was that they were entranced and surrounded by doppelgängers, who merely wore the outward appearance of men, but he quickly resolved to let evidence build before he reached that conclusion.

Letting the initial social exchanges play out, he turns about inspecting his surroundings to determine if they are still outside, or, as he suspected from the distant sound of the jungle, in an interior space, perhaps another temple or a tower of some sort, suspended above the jungle floor.

Mr. Wrenly, displeased, shrieks in annoyance before disappearing into the wizard's pack.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche/Aliendron

Holding up an allaying hand to Cresty, Andron unwraps the makeshift cloth cowl from around his head ...

The alien face complemented the equally strange, yellow uniform he wears, fastened at the waist with a metallic looking belt. "Please do not be alarmed, my friend. I am indeed Andron. We had recently activated an obelisk in the swamp and retrieved the smoke Mega-Gem. I had an unfortunate ... accident. I was healed, but the process transformed my body."

He shifts his black eyed gaze to Feanol. "Beachtown? We had returned from the old temple soon after the dwarves ransacked the town. I thought that most of the refugees fled across the river? He shakes his strangely shaped head. "No, it was not our doing ... not directly, at least. I suspect the Master of this island is ultimately responsible for us being here."

"Mr. Liam?" His focus now on the middle aged nobleman farmer. "Yes, I thought that sounded like you. I am relieved you survived the attack. How is Marge and the council? I am sorry about Raythan and Glansandi ..." He then turns suddenly and squints at what he thinks is a giant bipedal crab? Rubbing his eyes, he's still unsure his brain wasn't affected by the electric blanket of healing, as well ...

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Trying to make sense of this and seeing people she knows recognizing the strange creature she has addressed, she takes time to calm Gnodric bellowing on her shoulder. Then she hears the sound of a voice she had not expected. Turning she sees Elnaerel "Dear Sister, I thought you were lost, do I join you beyond the world, or are we merely being tossed together again by the sorcery that seems to haunt this island?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by sastaz »

Amun instinctively draws her sword and enters a battle stance, but lets her guard down as soon as her eyes start working just enough to see some familiar faces around her.

"What powers are at work here?!"

She tries to scan the surroundings specifically looking for anything that might be considered monsters or enemies in general.

"I think we should move out from here immediately, and talk later, when we're sheltered."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by kruk »

Cresty

Rex wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:40 am Tlachtga

"Hello Cresty, good to see you are still with us. It appears that most or perhaps all of the explorers on this island have been brought together."
Tlachtga! Good to see you again. I see Lerrick has made it as well. He nods a hello to the cleric who in tern bows her head and gives him a warm smile. He turns back to the druid. There were more in our group when I left. Are they still with you, Lerrick and...Andron?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag takes a while to blink away the blindness. "Bleedin' 'ells. It's like an' 'angover wivvout der fun of gettin' pissed before". He looks around at the crowd of (mostly) familiar faces. " You lot again? Wot's goin' on? Wot is dis place? It 'as got to be sumfin' to do wiv Momma, right?".

Then Maag notices the most unfamiliar face. "Who is dat? Yer wot? Andron? Yer kiddin' me!" He walks over for a closer need. "Woah. Dat is not good at all."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

When Wes regains his full senses, he looks around to see if he can identify any familiar plants that might reveal if they are still within the Domain of Obad Hai. He also spends a moment in prayer, trying to sense if he is still in contact with his god.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”