What's So Fun About This?

OGRE MAGE
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: What's So Fun About This?

#341 Post by kruk »

Lerrick
I have nothing. The cleric looks over to the fighter (Cresty) who shakes his head as if to say he has nothing as well.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan follows, "Me either. Just this spray gun"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"We make bold assumptions. Be that as it may, I am willing to boldly lead a charge through any of the doors. Alas, I also have no magic specific to communication... per se," says Chauncey. As he does so he focuses his mind in the direction of the three-headed giant to see if he can get a more detailed read on its thoughts.
ESP still active.
He simply cannot believe the creature, clearly a guardian, would be inclined to leave them unmolested as they explore the structure willy-nilly.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias

"I've got a green sphere that we found in the spider cave Amun mentioned. Somehow I feel more secure when I have it with me."

It's a Green sphere Luck Stone (Saving Throws +1). I don't know if it's an activation sphere at all. As far as I can remember, it was smaller.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#345 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wendall's Funhouse
Ever Changing Plans

Daisy answers the giant head, though the huge creature doesn't seem all too interested in anything the group is currently doing. "We's been ah.....out.....fer a while, darlin." She sees the beast doing another big morning stretch.

Princess suggests everyone lay out exactly what they have found so far, asking about communication magic that nobody seems to possess.

Andronichishche announces that he holds the smoky grey mega-gem, but nothing more. The strange looking alien form walks into the lone hallway and takes a closer look at the blue shimmering portal. It doesn't look overly dangerous, but who could really tell in such a place as this. Nothing else can be derived from the obviously magical portal.

Wake confesses that he holds a green, white, and a grey stone sphere, though nothing else. The cleric walks up to the Activation Station door and places his green sphere into the indentation. Though he retains the sphere in his hand, the stone door suddenly dissipates into thin air, revealing a cold, dark, plain stone hallway beyond. There is no sound or smell, but the cold air inside feels real enough.

Wes claims to have the green stone, while Maag claims he has a red one. Yrias also admits to having a green stone, and any that are produced for inspections look exactly the same, other than their color, of course. The red mega-gem is not announced.

Chauncey concentrates his magic on what the giant is thinking, not certain he likes what he learns.
"Dis is got ta be da record a fools ta come inside at one time." "Why dey keep talkin bout da tavern if dey aint goin in?" "I wonder what dat big red one taste like." "If we still got ungry, we could easily find out." "Why not juss kill em' all roight now? Do any a ya really think da bastard dat stuck us ere's ever comin back?"

Actions?
C4FF744C-F7FB-46A1-A961-1FFDC50514A8.jpeg
C4FF744C-F7FB-46A1-A961-1FFDC50514A8.jpeg (69.35 KiB) Viewed 517 times
T Chauncey (MU4) AC:3 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
T Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
T Grimm AC:5 20/20
T Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
T Crabbe Luther AC:4 30/30
T Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 5/6 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/1 4th

A Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
A Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
A Princess AC:6 HP 5/5
A Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
A Daisy (C4) AC:8 28/28 5/5 1st 3/3 2nd
A Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
A Maag AC:4 20/20

P Aliendron AC10 13/17 (CL4) 1st 1/5 2nd 1/4 (MU3) RM, CL, DM, 1st 0/2 2nd 0/1
P Theo AC:5 13/13 (Light Coin/Sword)
P Alordan AC3 18/22
P Torbath (M3) AC8 18/18 RM, CL, DM, 1st 2/2 2nd 1/1 (top of backpack) Comet AC:7 4/4]
P Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 26/28 1st 2/5, 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/2 (Light Stone)
P Cresty: (F2) AC:4 17/17
P Tlachtga (D4) AC7 31/31 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/3 (Light Stone)

Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"I intend to investigate this lost pub. Anyone is welcome to join me, although if the five other members of the swamp group wish to continue together with me, we can take one or two more, as well."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"I am fine continuing in that group, but willing to move id more want to join it."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy is a bit surprised at the relatively civil response, and risks a sweet smile. Ah see. Well, at least your boss doesn't expect ya'll to live at your post- it's good to get some time to relax.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#349 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Smiles when the gem opens the passageway leading to the activation center. She is now just waiting for the others to come or go elsewhere.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She does some tallying in her head. "So we have six stones and six spots left. But we seem to have three green ones and a red that was already used. And I thought there was a red mega gem somewhere." The Princess watches as Wake confidently takes care of one problem.

"Ok then. And you kept the stone as well." She moves towards the cool corridor. "My concern, Mister Andron, is that you won't return from the Lost Pub. And the gem you hold would be lost again, preventing anyone from doing whatever the obelisks need to do. Perhaps leaving it on this plane of existence is safer."

"I would like to continue on to the activation room, as that is why we're all here, right? And I would feel much more confident in our success if some of the more veteran adventures would join."

"After you, Wake." She gets in line behind him to explore the corridor.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by jemmus »

Theo
I'll also go with the pub group.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"I understand your concern, your Highness. There is always risk of losing either mega-gem or the spheres. However, someone, presumably the Master, provided the activation spheres in the spider cave due to his previous test subjects failure. I presume he would do so again."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey approaches Wesley and the group they started out with, motioning them to "bring it in" to a smaller huddle for consultation.

"Well, good people... shall we continue on together as boon companions and search beyond the "training" door? We, together, I feel, possess the necessary skills to overcome any challenge with minimal loss of life due to horrible injury. At any rate, I suspect each of these doors represents its own significant danger. Perhaps the more mundane they seem, the more dangerous they are. Somehow I cannot imagine anything less from a structure on a remote, sparsely populated island which proclaims to be a "fun house,'" he says. Then leaning in closer and speaking quietly he adds...
"Stay at the ready. The giant means us harm. Or at least one of its heads does. Why it hasn't attacked yet I am not certain, but it has murder, and more specifically, lunch, on the mind. We should, perhaps, casually fan out and warn the others..."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes nods his assent to Chauncey's proposal. "I've no problem with taking that door. I just don't fancy that Lost Pub. I didn't before the door was opened and less so now. I've heard that there are ways to travel to places without gods, places like the Princess just said." A look of unease appears on Wes' face. "I'd rather stay here". Then, quieter:
"The giant is like a lion surrounded by hyenas. His fangs and claws are big but he can't kill all of us at once. He's waiting until there are fewer of us".

"Since Tlachtga seems likely to go with her group to the Lost Pub, I think I should warn her of the dangers of losing contact with her god". Wes walks towards his fellow druid.

For Tlachtga, using Druidic.
"The giant is a predator. He plans to ambush and eat us. Warn your group."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Keeping one eye on the giant, Maag saunters over towards Wake and the Princess. "I reckon dat I 'ave stayed alive long enough to count as experienced, yer Majesty. Der trick is to let some other fella take all der risks". He looks up the hallway. "I would feel a lot 'appier wiv at least a bamboo pole to do der 'ard work."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#356 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

I will go with Andron. Lerrick moves forward to meet the druid and the magic user.

Cresty

The fighter sees a group moving towards the magic user. You're going to need some protection Andron. I will provide that for you. Cresty boldly strides forward to the front of the group while gripping the hilt of his bastard sword tightly.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga gathers her group together,
Whispering, "The giant means to ambush us, be ready."
"I have been through one portal to another realm already. It did not block or impair my connection with the Old Faith. I can not say what will happen through this portal though."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath stays with his group, not having heard a something that would change his mind to join another group so he gets ready to enter the Pub

Wake

"I have heard Maag, Feanol, and the Princess say they were heading in this door with me. Are the rest you still with us and any additions? Let's take out standard order into the door."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm
"I'll join your group, Chauncey, if you don't mind."

Elnaerel
"Me too." Says the leven cleric in respone to Grimm's words. "I stick to the original group."

Yrias
"I will go with you, Wake." says the bearded cleric of Boccob.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Urson »

Both
Daisy joins Wake, while Luther heads for Chauncey and his team.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”