Collace Homecoming

Tiglath
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Collace Homecoming

#561 Post by shaidar »

Frank

Frank shivers slightly as T'lia drops the telepathic connection. He turns to the others:

That was interesting experience, I'm not sure I'd want to repeat it unless necessary. I think T'lia and I understand each other a lot better now, and in this enterprise our goals are aligned." he looks at Jess "I can assure you Sargent-Major that there was no woo involved." he cocks his head and smiles "...but maybe I would say that. Anyway, if done right this mission will be striking on hidden SuSAG assets and we should only be fighting SuSAG employees, although some of them may be Tarsan. The combat should not impact the general populace or the Tarsan military. It's been pointed out to me that the only way to ensure this to done right is for us to do it ourselves, and of course why wouldn't we want to enact our own vengeance on these people. T'lia wishes to join us on this one, and as she knows the SuSAG situation on Tarsus, and has her own set of unique skills, I think this can only provide an advantage to the mission. The other slight wrinkle is that we're going to have to take my family on Tarsus into hiding, to keep them safe and ensure they can't be used as leverage. So, my vote is currently agreement in principle, although I'm happy for discuss things further."

Obviously Frank/T'lia also provided the info that Tiglath outlined in the previous post.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#562 Post by shaidar »

Frank blinks

"Oh yes, I almost forgot. I firmly beleive that Sgt Major Turner, who briefed the assassins, is in possession of the final spades 1188th master deck. Which is what I think those assassins were looking for in our rooms."

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#563 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus listens to the exchanges with interest and not a little confusion. This situation obviously involves considerable personal history that he as a new arrival has no knowledge of.

I'll really need to do some digging to get up to speed here, let's start with something that's hopefully not too controversial

Pardon me sir, 1188th master deck?
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#564 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Sorry lieutenant, this must be a little confusing for you, I'll try and summarise. While being a legitimate mercenary group there is some history with SuSAG. I was a member of the 1188th lift infantry mercenary group which, many years ago, was apparently wiped out on a job while I was on secondment. I spent a number of years trying to work out what happened and I ended up on Collace looking for work. By a number of apparently random events... " he glances at T'lia "Myself, the Major and the Sargent-Major ended up on a job to recover the Bartizan from a the local drug lords. We found hundreds of dead 1188th troopers in the mess, killed by some kind of chemical or biological weapon. We discovered that the leaders of the 1188th had actually done a deal with SuSAG to secretly work for them and allowed them to test their weapons on their own men. Unsurprisingly I have a personal vendetta against Director Keening of SUSAG and the remaining officers of the 1188th for this. The 1188th was renowned for playing poker, and we discovered the existance of four special playing card decks in the possession of these senior officers. They contain nano-circuitry so when you put them together they will reveal the location of a secret SuSAG lab."

He looks around " Did I miss anything out? Maybe I've revealed to much to our new recruit, but I believe in transparency as much as is possible. "

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#565 Post by dongriffiths »

Thank you sir.

I apologise if my enquiry caused any offense, you of course have my loyalty and complete discretion about anything discussed.

If this endeavour helps get to the bottom of the matter I hope to be helpful in that resolution.
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#566 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Thank you lieutenant, and no offence was taken. If my officers are to act effectively they need to have as much information as possible, and not to be afraid to ask questions."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#567 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:49 am Frank

"Thank you lieutenant, and no offence was taken. If my officers are to act effectively they need to have as much information as possible, and not to be afraid to ask questions."
"As much as I hate to say this for personal reasons," Prerna says dryly, "we should leave as soon as possible."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#568 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"I would like to hear the Sargent-Majors feelings on the matter. While we should not waste time, we need to ensure we prepare properly. We were offered specifics and talk of reimbursement by our prospective employer, all of which are required to ensure we are ready for the operation. We need to determine the correct people and equipment for the job and fill any gaps. We also need to ensure that we have plans with our allies for the proper protection of the Bartizan while we are gone."

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#569 Post by Tiglath »

Frank/All

T'lia reaches up and pulls back her cowl staing "Colonel Cross, you run several pro bono programs from the Bartizan. I'm sure the Ambassador would make some shipboard troops available for some very visible "hearts and minds" security at the main gate to assist in these most worthy enterprises. If Naval Landing Force troops are so deployed I have every expectation that Imperial Marines either from Kirton or the Q ship in system will be placed to match them. The potential repercussions for any party foolish enough to attempt a strike will be deterrent enough notwithstanding the inherent and immediate danger of attacking the top tier troops of either major power. I would submit that in this case the Bartizan will never have been more secure".

Warlord Ikazuchi rumbles in increasing volume via his translator "There has been a foul insult! Teahleikhoi - the Regiment of the Falling Night will move in vengeance. Fahr!" His elite companions pound the deck with their immense melee weapons and, on cue, roar. The sound smashes itself about the vault of the huge mess haul and echoes about the ancient fortress. The Warlord takes his leave he gives Yūgure an enigmatic nod and while acknowledging Frank and other offers as he departs notices Polly who, much to his apparent satisfaction, executes an Aslan "extended leg bow" in response.

Yūgure adds demurely "The Warlord has spoken and the Regiment moves. I can add assistance only as I may. Colonel Cross you are now short of domestic staff - I will supply..." she is apparently selecting a translation and settles on a term "...housekeepers from my own staff for your residence until our business is concluded. Your tower will remain secure".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#570 Post by Tiglath »

dongriffiths wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:22 am Klaus listens to the exchanges with interest and not a little confusion. This situation obviously involves considerable personal history that he as a new arrival has no knowledge of.
OOC/Admin: By way of communal info / unit based Intel Klaus may by now have picked up the "skinny" on unit actions prior to his arrival. The "unit history" as per factual research available to Klaus over beers is here:
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9482

NB By no means required reading at all but may fill in some blanks. ;) :)

It might be worthy of note that for PCs old and new the context of previous events may now be viewed through the lens of recent revelations...

By the same token the post action "Scuttlebutt" (as per the gestalt rumour mill of the lower decks) is all too available for no charge and is here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 74#p633674

Likewise the back home (at the Bartizan) version of the same gossip mongering resides here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 69#p635569
Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#571 Post by joertexas »

Prerna looks at T'Lia, and then addresses the group. "I'm not entirely happy with involving Imperials in anything to do with us, but I can see the benefit of making them play nice with the Zhodani and the Aslan. I would be happier if a Swordy detachment was also on hand, but I suppose we can't have everything."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#572 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 am Prerna looks at T'Lia, and then addresses the group. "I'm not entirely happy with involving Imperials in anything to do with us, but I can see the benefit of making them play nice with the Zhodani and the Aslan. I would be happier if a Swordy detachment was also on hand, but I suppose we can't have everything."
T'lia replies "The Imperials will match and mirror the deployment of Consulate forces. Both have very little to do with our operation but they will draw in focus and occupy each other here for a while".

Then she just can't help but smile at her wife.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#573 Post by joertexas »

Prerna frowns repressively for a moment. "So I'm an unrepentant Swordy. Sue me."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#574 Post by BackworldTraveller »

joertexas wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:14 am Prerna frowns repressively for a moment. "So I'm an unrepentant Swordy. Sue me."
Don't look at me - I'm a scout! I've had to deal with weird stuff all the time.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#575 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:14 am Prerna frowns repressively for a moment. "So I'm an unrepentant Swordy. Sue me."
T'lia's smile broadens "I'm sure the company wouldn't wish to have you any other way, Major".

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#576 Post by The Bindoner »

shaidar wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:00 am Frank

"I would like to hear the Sargent-Majors feelings on the matter. While we should not waste time, we need to ensure we prepare properly. We were offered specifics and talk of reimbursement by our prospective employer, all of which are required to ensure we are ready for the operation. We need to determine the correct people and equipment for the job and fill any gaps. We also need to ensure that we have plans with our allies for the proper protection of the Bartizan while we are gone."
Can't say I like much of it, but we have to take the ticket. Nobody else'll do it right, and we need to keep an eye on everyone involved. Not lettin' any of our allies out'v me sight, if I can avoid it. Wouldn't trust any of 'em as far as I could spit 'em.

Anyway, it's a payday, innit, and we've got to keep up the cashflow.

Not fond of lettin' Joe-dani, or anyone else, take over security, but if we seal the SEMC levels, leave some surprises, I see the sense in settin' the sides to watch each other.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#577 Post by gurusql »

Kit

"Interesting, even some background that I have not previously heard. When you say leave immediately, I am sure it will time to get this unit together. What time frame are you thinking?"

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#578 Post by Tiglath »

Kit/All
gurusql wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:48 am "Interesting, even some background that I have not previously heard. When you say leave immediately, I am sure it will time to get this unit together. What time frame are you thinking?"
T'lia replies "The timeframe is surely a matter of strategy Captain Ghosal? A whole assault group of elite VDV troops and two groups of assassins: one Bratva the other SuSAG(268)'s in house criminals all came to the Bartizan on Collace - and died. The Bratva will learn of their failure in two weeks, SuSAG assets on Tarsus in one unless communication is somehow delayed. Their immediate response, if any, would arrive in a reciprocal amount of time but it would appear that they have already tried - and failed".

She pauses and adds "I rated Captain Carl Lysel, the Skipper of SuSAG's "Four Nine", a rather straightforward and unimaginative man. We shall see if my assessment was sound. Meanwhile a one thousand dton trader will become available to lift the SEMC and all integral vehicles and small craft to Tarsus".

(OOC: Check star map re: travel times/jump routes.
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 87#p639087
The above is also the current political map and potentially well worth a ponder. Legend: Green is Out World Coalition influence and Red is Imperial influence. Of course no worlds have physically changed hands at all - but maybe some hearts and minds have? Compare and contast with this map from the start of the campaign.
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 56#p493956
Any apparent map changes are, at first blush, quite possibly the result of the actions of a certain collection of individuals... 8-) :SAN: ).

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#579 Post by dongriffiths »

Is this Captain Lysal the one you believe is sending these assailants?

And you believe him to be a rather "blunt instrument"?

Would he launch a follow-up attack as soon as he hears of the failure? Can we use that to time our little excursion so we a likely to to pass it in transit and possibly encounter little or no resistance at our destination?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#580 Post by BackworldTraveller »

dongriffiths wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:06 pm Is this Captain Lysal the one you believe is sending these assailants?

And you believe him to be a rather "blunt instrument"?

Would he launch a follow-up attack as soon as he hears of the failure? Can we use that to time our little excursion so we a likely to to pass it in transit and possibly encounter little or no resistance at our destination?

The opposite is also true

Who stays to hold the Bartizan? Or do we let it fall and recapture it on return? That would displease them - arriving to an empty shell followed by the news that their paymaster is gone!

And we don't want to arrive too early or his riposte will just stay and fight us too

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”