Quest #42 "Clear, Pointy, Protrusions"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #42 "Clear, Pointy, Protrusions"

#21 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag checks his equipment and joins the others."I 'ope der is sumfin' valuable in dis place. I 'aven't made a penny since der trip to der island", he grumbles.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Gear on and ready to go Feanol joins the throng.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam took the time to heal up and gather a week's provisions for himself and others that may need it. Overall, he has managed to crack loose the old cartilage and move more like his old self again, looking a bit more hale and hardy now that he has started adventuring again due to the necessity of island life. So much for retiring into farming and society building. He checks his gear like so many others and puts on the slightly more battered hat and joins the others after stopping to give Marge a kiss on his way out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Into The Beach

The group sets out up the beach towards the settlement formerly known as Beachtown. They make good time up the hard packed sand and encounter no delays along the way.

When they arrive on the outskirts of town, they see that no structure has been left standing. Even the tree that once held aloft the towns only tavern has been shoved over into the sea, its gnarly root clump looking far too small to have supported such a large thing.

The only living thing they spot moving around the area is a frail female form walking in circles all alone in the sand. When they approach the woman, they realize they recognize who this is.
Princess.jpg
Princess.jpg (55.28 KiB) Viewed 497 times

Actions?

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Yrias
Wake

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Moving toward Princess, she calls out alert to any tricks, and hoping it is Princess: "Princess, do you need help?"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias raises a hand. "Hold on. I'm pretty sure I saw her back in town at some point...

This... this looks to me like..."
Fear can be noticed on the usually passive semblance of the cleric. He stays put. "We better keep our distance."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"I am pretty sure I saw the Princess in town just before we left. One of the two must be an imposter. I do not know the Princess well, but I would bet this is the imposter."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag makes sure to stay well back from the "Princess".

"I do not know about dis", he says uncertainty. "I mean, der smart money would say dat dis is not der Princess, cos we all saw 'er back in New 'ope."

"But if yer 'ad der power to look like someone else, would yer just 'ang around on der beach in der middle of nowhere? Wot would yer gain...
Maag stops as he remembers someone who looks exactly like the Princess.

"Oi! Alyssa!" he shouts. "Is dat you?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#29 Post by OGRE MAGE »

For the record, you did see the Princess back in town, but that was a couple days before you left.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be cautious, but it is entirely possible that she came here during your few days of downtime.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She turns, startled by the group calling to her. Recognizing Feanol in particular, she waves, an odd expression on her face.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Princess, first things first - with so many shapeshifters around please tell me about the first business transaction that we had?"

Assuming that she is able to quote that "Why are you out here on your own?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Seeing the Princess show recognition and wave, but still having an oddity to her expression she moves a bit forward and asks, "Princess, can I assist you in any way?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy holds her position, cautious of familiar people in unfamiliar places.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#34 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Into The Beach

The Princess seems dazed and confused, her eyes glossed over slightly when you inspect her wellbeing.

Though she does indeed look exactly like the Princess, the group shows obvious suspicions after being duped by MommaPamma so many times already.

The beautiful elf shakes out the cobwebs for a second, preparing to answer the questions from the others once she regains her faculties.

The area around the former town looks destroyed and completely abandoned. There are no other people or animals anywhere nearby.

Actions?

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Yrias
Wake

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dammit, gurusql. :shock: :D Can I just say that her memory is better than mine? :lol: Now I have to go back and find the transaction. :lol:

The Princess

She blinks a few times at the incoming barrage, then focuses on Wake. "You purchased two pearls, but that seems like months ago. And what do you mean alone? You are here as well."

"Good to see you, Feanol. Yes, you could help me. Why am I here? Did you bring me?"

*edited to fix gurusql's name, and then to explain. :roll:
Last edited by Monsieur Rose on Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias

"What's going on, Princess? You look confused. Don't you even know why are you here? What's the last thing you remember?" The cleric eyes his companions and keeps his distance, still unsure.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She looks around the ex-town, trying to get her bearings. "I am confused, I think. I must just be tired, I'd been staying up all hours getting the town ready for research use."

"I remember everyone getting back to town, and being able to share spells again. Wait. Did you call me Allissa? What kind of cruel joke is that?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Yeah I did", Maag says flatly. "An' it woz not a joke. I saw yer back in town der other day, tellin' people wot to do as usual. An' now yer wanderin' round in circles 'ere, like a zombie dat 'as bin pickled in Randall's grog".

"So wot is goin' on? Yer just went for a stroll?"
he says, the skepticism in his voice obvious. "We know dat der are shapeshifters around". Maag addresses the rest of the group. "We all saw wot Momma could do, an we know dat she is still out der". Then he turns back to the Princess, softening his tone slightly. "An' yer 'ave got to admit, yer sister 'ad form in stealin' yer identity".

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

Her eyes darken as she calls out. "MY SISTER IS DEAD! You know that! You were there! My blood, my twin! Gone! And throwing it in my face is just cruel!"

"Look at me! Do I look like I've been on this cursed island for months? Is my hair burned off? She took my name, but not my identity, she never did that."

She continues, still animated and crying. "I don't know how I got here. For all I know, I came with you. Or you dragged me here, or this whole thing is just a bad dream. Or an illusion." The Princess starts checking her wrists and feet for marks. She scurries around and looks around for drag marks. "It's Magic. Yes, this is all a trick." She starts muttering and moving her hands in a familiar pattern.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake nods when the Princess gives the correct transaction. Sorry about creating extra work for you MR.

When he see that she has broken down he will attempt to offer some comfort, put his arm around her shoulder and try to stop her from moving her hands. "There, there Princess - what is the trick?" (And we all know that spell casting cannot be mumbling so I am not worried)

Return to “Completed Missions”