Quest #42 "Clear, Pointy, Protrusions"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #42 "Clear, Pointy, Protrusions"

#41 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy's "mother hen" overpowers her caution. She moves to The Princess' other side, putting a hand on her arm. It's ok, darlin' we'll sort this out. Just calm down an' we'll talk about it.
FA FO

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Also moves closer "Yes, we'll get this sorted out." She'll offer water to Princess. "Would you like something to eat? Let's get you settled then see if we can retrace steps and figure out what has happened to bring you here."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She allows the others to comfort her and hold her arms, jumping a bit when they touch. "Ok. You seem real. Gods, I wish I paid more attention during illusion class. Can I feel illusions? I need to check if this is all a trick, if it's magic."

The Princess takes the water and cautiously drinks it. "Ok. Fine. Nobody would go to this much trouble for an illusion. Right?" She looks around and finally seems to be really accepting the situation.

"If you didn't bring me, and I didn't come with you, then this isn't good. Why don't I remember the hike? It's like four hours! I remember being in town this morning. I think. The days after everyone got back kinda blurred by."

"Why are you lot out here? Oh crap. Was I missing? I hope I didn't cause too much trouble for you."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#44 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Into The Beach

As Princess eventually comes to terms with whatever happened to her, still piecing things together little by little, the others look around at the devastation caused by the rock monsters. There are no dwarf bodies laying around. In fact, there is no sign of life whatsoever in this once bustling settlement.

The lack of smoke from the snuffed cook fires makes it easier to breath in town, and the bugs don't seem nearly as bad here anymore either. A few animal sounds seem to be returning to the area too, with birds singing and flapping away in the nearby trees.

The soft sound of the waves gently lapping up on the shore is almost enjoyable to hear. All you need is a hammock and a strong tropical drink to make this scene nearly perfect.

Actions?

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Yrias
Wake

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag takes his hand away from the hilt of his sword. "Well...yeah...I reckon dat yer alright den. Der must be some reason you were brought 'ere. We'll just 'ave to keep our eyes open for wotever did it."

He looks around the remains of Beachtown for a moment, just in case there actually is something lurking nearby.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias

The cleric doesn't totally lower his guard yet. He starts wondering what has happened to The Princess, but can't help thinking Momma is involved in some way. He's seen much deception and how the Knife, Luther and Alissa ended because of it. "We're no illusion. There was no talk back in town about you being missing. Actually last thing I've heard, you were in the cave.

We're going for a stroll. You coming or do you want us to scort you back to town?"

He doesn't even pay attention to the remains of the town, which he actually never got to see in all its... splendor.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"What is the last thing that you do remember?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She nods her thanks for the help. "I was there when Wes brought back Luther, such as it was. I think that was this morning. Then...I'm not sure. I don't remember leaving town, or why."

"Where are you all going?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Were you in the cave? I didn't care for the feel of that place. I think there is more there than meets the eye." She says to the Princess.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy is trying to be cautious. Her natural tendency to help still wins out. Don't force it, darlin'. Your memory will clear up on its own.
She glances around, a bit shocked at how thoroughly destroyed the old village is.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#51 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Into The Jungle?

The old area of the former Beachtown seems strange now. Void of the normal hustle and bustle, it appears to be truly deserted.

The group help the confused Princess as best they can, still unsure themselves how she would have gotten here alone, without anyone seeing her leave New Hope.

As they look around the area, Princess spots a pile of familiar looking adventuring gear and weapons neatly piled near the end of the now abandoned loggers trail.

Actions?

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Yrias
Wake

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Princess, it that your gear?" says Wake pointing at the equipment.

"Perhaps it would be best if the Princess joined us on our journey? What do the rest of you think?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Either that, or we help her back to beach town. It's not that far."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She nods at Feanol. "I can see that, there was a witch who lived there before and had some sort of creature trapped there. I cleaned out the entire area and closed off many of the holes which were connected to each other. All in all, a remarkable home for someone. And now we can use it for our own needs. I was trying to set up a forge and lab."

"Yes! That's my stuff. Why did I pile them up there? Ah, maybe I was washing up." She moves to gather and don the gear. "So...where are you guys heading? I must be out here for a good reason, maybe I was scavenging for something. This island is full of unusual ingredients."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy watches The Princess' eyes and face carefully. She's concerned about the woman's state of mind.
FA FO

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias crosses his arms on his chest and remains in the background. "Please, tell me, Princess, is this the first time something like this happens to you?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Into The Jungle?

In the direct rays of the oppressively hot sun, Princess starts donning her adventuring gear, apparently ready to join up with the others along their journey to find more obelisks.

Most of the group stays on alert during this meeting, Daisy looking over the beautiful elf carefully, but seeing no reason to distrust her words so far.

The party comes to the realization that this is indeed the princess, not some polymorphed monster or dead sister, but really, truly her.

Then Yrias, keeping a distant perspective on this situation, asks the woman if anything like this has happened to her before. (a just question, my liege) :mrgreen:

Actions?

Maag
Daisy
Feanol
Liam
Yrias
Wake

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She turns to Yrias. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean." The Princess raises a brow and continues. "Are you suggesting that I drink too much? I'm not sure what business it is of anyone."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias keeps his arms crossed and looks The Princess directly in the eye. "Who said anything about drinking? I don't see any empty bottles here and I don't know you well enough to know how often you drink.

There's many weird things going on on this island. It wouldn't surprise me if you've experienced something like this before. You appear somewhere else and you don't even remember why. It's important to know if this is something that can happen to any of us, or if it's something that happens to you regularly. For your and our security.

So I ask you again, is this the first time this happens to you?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Princess, I am sure that you can understand that it is odd for you to be a multi-hour journey from where you last remember and have no idea how you got here. If you cannot answer some of our questions we will help you get back to the town, but that will be that."

Return to “Completed Missions”