OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #41 "Last Things First"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Going Up
Sunday, 7th of Harvester
Morning, Warm, Humid, Buggy

Keg has recruited Cresty and Greedy Grimm for a reconnaissance mission to the top of the nearby cliffs to search for obelisks up there.

Despite many warnings about dangerous creatures that have been spotted at that elevation, Keg thinks they will have better luck looking for the obelisks with a splinter group instead of a large party.

Preparations are made and supplies are gathered as the brave trio makes ready to start their precarious climb.

Actions?

Anything you want to do yet before heading out?

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Quest #41 "Last Things First"

#2 Post by kruk »

Cresty

Nope: Cresty is ready to go.

Have equipped his battered armor the fighter unsheathes his sword and does a quick inspection. Nodding his head in approval Cresty moves to join the others. I'm ready. The fighter looks at the shear height of the cliffs in front of him. What's up there that we are looking for?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

He's also good to go.

"Well, I think we should try to look for the lower part of the cliffs and climb there." He says looking up.

"We're looking for some weird standing stones that hold secrets to this island. We believe that some of them might be up there. But we'll still have to walk for a while."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Bluehorse »

Actually how much food were we able to find for rations? What was the price? I know you said things looked improved but i didnt want to assume we just found X amount of food ready

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The fighter looks at the wall one more time. Grimm and Keg. I've decided not to go after all. Good luck.

The fighter turns around and heads back to town.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm shrugs as the newcomer leaves. He then turns to Keg. "Well. It's you and me again. Let's look for the best spot to climb."

As to the food:
If that's ok, Grimm will take the horn to a place where he can be alone, and speak the command word in order to get enough food for him and Keg for a week.

Once he's done it, he will bring give the horn back to The Princess, say goodbye and bring Keg his share of the provisions.

He's then ready for leaving town first thing in the morning.
Page 30 of the Momma Pamma thread.

For context, Grimm had found a magic horn that gives out food. It's actually a relic of his folk and the reason he came to the island, but since I want to play him a bit longer, I'm going against his logic and making him stay instead of trying to leave :lol:

I'll leave to the DMs discretion how much was Grimm able to carry. My idea was a week of reasons for each, but I didn't say it explicitly and maybe it's too much for one dwarf to carry in one trip.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by kruk »

Cresty

WAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIT! Don't know what I was thinking. I have everything I need I think...Except the long bow I gave a half-orc fella named Maag. Do you know him?

Cresty catches up with the other two breathing a little heavy from hurriedly coming back. He props his hand on his knees in effort to catch his breath.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Standing further down the beach Maag practices with the bow he aquired from Cresty, clearly making an impression on the townsfolk. "Look, if yer are goin' to stand dat close den frankly it is yer own bleedin' fault yer got 'it. Yer only 'alf a dozen yards from where dat last dozy git was standin'. Well 'e's alright now isn't 'e? Dat priest got to 'im before anyfin' bad 'appened".

Maag lines up his next shot at the driftwood he's using as a target. He squints along the arrow, determined to actually hit it this time. Then he stops and lowers the bow. Is dat Cresty over der? Nah...it cannot be 'im. 'e got on Quark's ship at least at week ago. An' Quark 'asn't bin back 'ere. So wot would Cresty be doin' back? It don't 'alf look like der ugly git though..."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The fighter turns in Maag’s direction. Maag! Yes…it’s me I boarded the ship and waited. It never left. Since then I’ve been lending a hand in building structures in the new settlement. Still want to return the the belonging of Brother Gilbert back to his order in at the mainland. Terrible fate that happened to him.

Do you know Keg and Grimm? They’re looking for something beyond the cliffs up there. I thought I’d tag along

Keg has already asked me if I’ve been drinking seawater.
He laughs out load. That’s what happens when your body has been turned to stone and the broken into pieces I guess. Still having problems concentrating but I’m getting better. Hope all has been going well for you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

kruk wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:33 pm Keg has already asked me if I’ve been drinking seawater. He laughs out load.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Maag considering joining this group instead?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Jernau35 »

No, I just thought a brief cameo might be necessary if Cresty wants his bow back.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by kruk »

Jernau35 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:28 pm No, I just thought a brief cameo might be necessary if Cresty wants his bow back.
I figured that is what you intended with your post. If you are offering it Cresty would like to have the bow back.. At the time Cresty gave Maag the bow I didn't think I would play Cresty again. Thanks Jernau :D :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cresty is embarrased to have to ask Maag for his bow back, but he does it anyway.

The others look straight up at the intimidating rock face where Cresty just fell and scratch their hairy chins.

It does indeed appear that the route the group took earlier, up and over the sea cave and along the shoreline, will be the easiest path of least resistance initially.

They move to the cave and climb up the rocks there, getting a nice birds eye view of the budding new settlement before they leave it, possibly for the very last time.

Actions?

Just wanted to make sure everyone was on board with taking the cave path up to the harder part of the climb.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by kruk »

Sure! Cresty is in

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Karaunios »

Best solution.

Grimm

"Well.. Let's see what's in store for us. I don't how people are warning us about what's there. Has anyone ever been there before? Who said it anyways?"

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by kruk »

Cresty

Thank you Maag for the bow. I have a feeling we are going to need it up there

After retrieving the bow he returns back to the group and answers Grimm's question. If we knew what was up there we might not have gone. Where is the fun in that? He laughs at his own joke.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Karaunios wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:16 am
I'll leave to the DMs discretion how much was Grimm able to carry. My idea was a week of reasons for each, but I didn't say it explicitly and maybe it's too much for one dwarf to carry in one trip.
I'm sorry, I think I forgot to address this.

You can consider yourselves stocked with enough fresh rations for one week each, but cant carry much more than that.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Bluehorse »

thank you! Just didnt want to assume. Will update my sheet soon as i can with 7 days food.
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:56 pm
Karaunios wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:16 am
I'm sorry, I think I forgot to address this.

You can consider yourselves stocked with enough fresh rations for one week each, but cant carry much more than that.
Keg nods seeing everyone appears ready and continues his climb up the rocks. Hopefully we will make good time before the sun starts beating down on us.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Going Up
Sunday, 7th of Harvester
Morning, Warm, Humid, Buggy

It takes a great deal of work, but with ample rope, the trio is able to climb back up to the area that was traversed earlier.

The cliffs climb up even higher towards the north, but the area that follows the shoreline around to the east could be easily reached from this current position.

Is the idea here to keep climbing up to the tops of the inland cliffs towards where you think the next obelisks will be?

Actions?

Return to “Completed Missions”