Out of Character Discussions

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Out of Character Discussions

#1 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Do you want to know anything about the place your character is in, the politics, people and culture, etc.? don't be afraid to ask here - and I'll update the Background thread (or rules or whatever)

Going to be away for a week?

Have lost the plot?

Just want to snipe at the ref for not doing IT right? Or have some comic link?

This is the place for those things.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of Character Discussions

#2 Post by BackworldTraveller »

And on that note...

The Character Notes threads
I've got the Char Sheet entry at the top. This is only editable by me and is my view of the world
I'd suggest that you create entries for Images; Money and Equipment that you can edit as things move along.
I wasn't intending to do everyone's accounts! :roll:

Would you like NPCs that you hire to have their own thread? You are going to need a few such creatures to undertake this mission. :D

I will start a main in-character thread shortly...

Any other threads you think I should set up?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by BackworldTraveller »

(n.b. I will stop pestering from 15th to 21st as I'll be out of the country)

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Demilich »

Yes, I think the Notable NPCs should have their own thread, such as my Driver and Contacts & Allies

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Demilich »

Yeelau in public may refer to the "Pack" she is with as a Wild bunch of Vargr or some other possibly derogatory term, but, she has respect for them and sees them as her pack, regardless of any other term she may use when in public

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Demilich wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:07 pm Yes, I think the Notable NPCs should have their own thread, such as my Driver and Contacts & Allies
One thread for all or one each?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Demilich wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:33 pm Yeelau in public may refer to the "Pack" she is with as a Wild bunch of Vargr or some other possibly derogatory term, but, she has respect for them and sees them as her pack, regardless of any other term she may use when in public
I'm sure any resulting bites, bruises or bumps will be inflicted with due respect too!

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Demilich »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:33 pm
Demilich wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:07 pm Yes, I think the Notable NPCs should have their own thread, such as my Driver and Contacts & Allies
One thread for all or one each?
I think one each, if they are planned to be with the party, like my Driver, even though the fact that he is my driver, he may not last very long

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Posted a map of Million Subsector in the background thread here.

Those familiar with the Traveller 1105 or 1120 versions should beware. Also, this is an IISS version overlaid by intel from Gabriel. Not a totally trustworthy source due to info lag.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by BackworldTraveller »

And the Khouth Subsector map is now added to the Khouth Subsector details

You may note the Imperial bias!

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I'm aiming to get the 1st Game Post upon the 23rd October 2022

I'll be out of the country from 15th to 22nd so I'm aiming to get the Character's write ups agreed before then.

If you feel so inclined, any character related essays, personal histories, detailed descriptions, etc can be posted in the gap.

As a reminder, from the recruitment ad...
I'm looking for players to fill the key slots aboard a vessel that has been lost by the Imperial Navy's Corridor Fleet to the Vargr (Dzarrgh Federate), who have managed (in turn) to lose it too.
You may want to consider what equipment you will need your employer to provide. He has a Cr1,000,000 budget! (That's bound to be too much or not enough) And access to a ship to get you there and an NPC Captain/Crew.

n.b. The ship you are after will need more engineers/mechanics/etc than just your party just to run it day to day. So before you go you will need to recruit them. And it will need fuelling, so a fuelling party needs finding. And then there is Security - as you are crossing a disputed border in a stolen vessel when you return.

The phrase Proper Planning Prevents P... Poor Performance will apply. So will No plan survives contact with reality. And WTF? (It wouldn't be traveller without that last one.)

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Demilich »

I'm just guessing here but, probably every kind of tool kit, to handle fixing up this vessel so it can travel, as well as repairing the ship we are traveling in along the way

Basic crew essentials like food and water or is that going to be assumed? They should have weapons of their own as well as some equipment they bring with on their person

Multiple duplicates of ourselves pretty much to make up the crew for this ship and there is supplies for the repairs, the basic materials, IE wires, switches etc

Sorry if I'm way off base with this post

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Demilich wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:36 pm I'm just guessing here but, probably every kind of tool kit, to handle fixing up this vessel so it can travel, as well as repairing the ship we are traveling in along the way

Basic crew essentials like food and water or is that going to be assumed? They should have weapons of their own as well as some equipment they bring with on their person

Multiple duplicates of ourselves pretty much to make up the crew for this ship and there is supplies for the repairs, the basic materials, IE wires, switches etc

Sorry if I'm way off base with this post
Nope - Good start...And no - Lack of food/water would be tricky. A friend of mine had to pack for a 6 month tour in the Antarctic...It's surprising what you need that you otherwise don't think of. Ice is not a good substitute for much at all!

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by cybersavant »

ammunition for whatever type weapons the ship has
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Is everyone OK with the description of jump space and the usage of J-Drives described here.

The implication is that if your J-Drive fails while you are in J-Space...the bubble collapses and who knows what happens! So don't blow up your J-Drive while in Jump-Space!

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by The Bindoner »

Fine with the J-space rules.

I'm inclined to taking the 12% gross value over 18% nett, but I'll go along with whatever the group decides.

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Demilich »

Same with Yeelau 12 % of gross, rather then 18% of net and she will be trying not to let anything go wrong with the ship she is on board of

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by cybersavant »

Saz started the negotiations - mostly to see their reaction and hey, if you don't ask

will go along with what the 'Captain' decides
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Demilich »

Would Streetwise tell Yeelau about where Merchants or Belters hang out? or maybe her time as a Steward?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Demilich wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:25 pm Would Streetwise tell Yeelau about where Merchants or Belters hang out? or maybe her time as a Steward?
Streetwise would.

Steward is more about running a good hotel/passenger ship; Setting a good table, etc. Now if you wanted supplies, steward would help ensure the quality/calculate the quantity and allow proper transport and storage. Troop Field rations gain a massive bonus on that last bit, but the quality is based on the lowest bidder!

Return to “How to find a Million (Mongoose Traveller, 1137)”