The Setting

dreamweaver
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

The Setting

#1 Post by dreamweaver »

Oak Vale - this region is about 10 miles wide here, widening if you go west. To the northwest it runs into the Riftlands, to the southwest into the Dark Mire.

Greystone - town in the east of the region, last bastion of law and commerce. Lord Hervain rules it strictly, always in conflict with the local thieves' guild. Still, it has a market where most goods can be bought at a fair price.

Gleamwater (4) - this lake is very often under a blanket of fog, dispersing light, which makes it gleam both in sunshine and moonlight

Group of villages - Lowstead (1) is known for its grain and inn, Timberfall (2) produces herbs, logs and wood from the thin forest, and at the foots of the Shrouded Hills there's Rimeleaf (3) where they make quite good meat and brick.

The Frostfangs - high, jagged mountain range roughly to the north. Mines are everywhere, but only a few of them are still active. Hundreds of abandoned ones wait there in eerie silence and darkness.

Shrouded Hills - hilly land to the south, frequently covered in mist and fog, bends southward about 50 miles west of here. The folks living there bring lots of game and herbs to sell in the vale. This area has lots of connections to the fey realms, both dark and bright.

Grandfather Oak (tree) - it is rumored this is the most ancient tree in the vale, guarded by fey of all kinds. If they allow you to find it, you can learn about ages before mortals lived on the land.

The Riftlands - the Frostfangs end in a high rocky plateau of crags, fissures, crevices and narrow canyons. Strange rock formations can be found here and there, and some appear man-made rather than natural.

Old battle site (shield) - bandits have looted this location for generations, sometimes bringing back valuable items. Most of the time, however, they find either nothing or kill each other for real or perceived treasures.

The Dark Mire - an extensive region of wetlands, including marshes, fens, and moors. Small witch covens, cottages, logging camps, farmsteads and an occassional ruined fort dot this land. No formal law exist here, every community needs to be completely self-dependent.

The Wretched Bog (X) - about 10 miles across, this forboding bog nestles between the Riftlands and the Dark Mire. According to hearsay, things lurk here that have already died, and if you don't want to join their ranks, better not come here.

Witchspire (tower) - everything is unnatural around this structure, so it is easy to find, just look for weird. Keeping your sanity and staying alive are the questions here.
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.

Return to “Paths of War (Pathfinder 1e)”