Chapter 4: Dark Side of the Moon

Marullus
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 4: Dark Side of the Moon

#341 Post by jemmus »

Epic! But not over just yet....
Last edited by jemmus on Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by redwarrior »

Hansel lowers his rifle and smiles Everything is okay! How are you?, I’m fine. Everything is fine. Let’s take it easy, try to lighten our load…. He’s sure he can talk his way out of this, or maybe take over. Tomorrow is another day.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#343 Post by greyarea »

Emile wakes in the cell, bruised and bandaged. Well, he mutters, they got me fair and square this time.

His eyes search the small room as he calculates how he might escape…

Fun game. Thanks for running it. That last scene certainly had THE END written all over it.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by jemmus »

Taavi wakes up in his cell, his body a world of pain. He remembers what happened. “Where did we go wrong,” he thinks. “What should we have done differently? What should I have done differently. Many, many things, no doubt. I was never a very good psychic. I suppose I repressed it to enter into the world of law and logic and get by in the cutthroat thing.” He looks around at the cell. He has to somehow get back to Kumekha, to Alina and the kids. He thinks about how the mission to establish the rule of the law in the badlands took a hard left turn and ended in complete failure. In a cell, in orbit how many unknown miles away.

His ability to transmit thought is useless here. He can’t see any of the living members of the group. Are they locked up in cells as well? Probably. He hopes that Nora and Oliver are together. They wouldn’t be so inhumane as to separate them, would they? He thinks about his personal apportation ability. He could apport up to 10 meters, out of the cell, to a place he has seen before. But he doesn’t know where he is. What’s outside in that radius that he’s seen before? Maybe they’ll take him out for questioning or exercise or something. He’d take a look around and later apport to a seen location outside the cell. And then, somehow make it to the portal and take it back to the bar. And drive the truck to Kumekha and bring back soldiers to free Hansel, Emile, Nora and Oliver. Drive directly to Kumekha, without stopping, without looking left or right, and without getting into any more misadventures.

The lawyer is not so foolish or self-deceptive as to put much hope in the success of this plan. Dantes has been here for years and never escaped. If he did manage to escape, convincing the hidebound, byzantine bureaucracy of Greater Kumekha to dispatch an expedite of troops could take a miracle-- or a lifetime. And if these people have infiltrated the government-- the way it did with Lira Bunt-- it could be a short lifetime indeed.

He contemplates on how this plan will work nd his eyes going out of focus as he looks into the future….

Oracle psychic ability
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Marullus »

Epilogue posted. :) Feel free to expand on the limited revelations here with your own final narrations.

Return to “Dust to Dust (SWN)”