ELROOD SECTOR: Episode One: Industrial Intrigue

max_vale
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

ELROOD SECTOR: Episode One: Industrial Intrigue

#1 Post by max_vale »

Gwynn Dispatch office, City of Elrooden, Capital of the planet Elrood, Capital World of the Elrood Sector, Outer Rim Territories

It had been a crazy year for the members of the New Republic Intelligence Team who were currently sitting in the lobby of a business called 'Gwynn Dispatch'; a place that matched up cargos with Independent Freighters passing through the System and Sector. They were there to meet a New Republic Agent named Shondra Del and the process would start by asking for her by name and using the code phrase 'We're former business partners for Keyorin'....

After the Empire's defeat at the Battle of Endor; the Alliance to Restore the Republic announced the creation of the 'New Republic'; even though fighting was still taking place. Now, a year later, the fighting continued with about a third of the Galaxy having committed to the New Republic; another third still under various Imperial Leaders' (who sometimes fought each other) control and another third that were staying Neutral. In that time, all of the former Alliance Intel operatives committed themselves to the New Republic by joining NRI, or New Republic Intelligence. Well, all save for Jackson Crodowski, who decided to take some long overdue time off....

Kael and Kato were sent thru a form of boot camp and Intel training while Kit and Kael also learned how to adequately operate the The Nova Kestrel; well, at least enough to not fly into a star.....so far, anyway...

After that training and undertaking some boring 'routine' missions, they were given their first 'real' assignment out in the Elrood Sector in the Outer Rim. It was still held by Imperials, but not believed to have very strong forces operating there. However, the New Republic also didn't have much out that way either; so it was a 'quiet' NRI job....

A Corporation called the Radell Mining Consortium (RMC) agreed to provide the New Republic a steady supply of raw materials from new world found out in the reaches of the Sector in return for some Scouting Team help from the New Republic's well known Explorer Corps. It would seem that the Empire either didn't care about helping out RMC or else, was unable to do so and the New Republic saw this as a way to both get a good deal on raw materials AND help set up alliances within the Elrood Sector for future operations. A team known as the Grey Griffins was dispatched to help out RMC. Unfortunately, it was just learned that some Pirates operating in the Sector captured the Grey Griffins and their ship and let one of the 4 person Team go, along with a ransom demand of 250,000 credits to the RMC Headquarters building on Elrood. The New Republic sent in the (mostly) veteran Intel Team to see about making sure the Grey Griffins were rescued.

Before their scheduled meeting with RMC, just a few blocks away however, they were to stop at Gwynn's Dispatch and see what they could find out from the New Republic 'Eyes and Ears on the ground'. They had been given the cover of Independent Spacers and had Identicards to match, but they were NOT expecting the Star Destroyer in orbit; but they were able to land with no issues.

Now they were in the lobby, overhearing conversations from the various Independent Spacers about "A lot of Pirate activity in the Sector lately, things are getting scary!'....and "You hear about the new Imperial Star Destroyer in the system? Supposedly, the Captain is a well-known Pirate Killer"; and "Man, I heard a couple of people were killed in a collapsed mining tunnel of RMC's the other day".....

Everyone's attention is broken though when the lady at the counter calls you over; "Okay, then, sorry about the wait there, we're rather busy today. How can I help you folks?"

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: ELROOD SECTOR: Episode One: Industrial Intrigue

#2 Post by kipper »

Clark is a bit worried about the increased Empire presence. Although he would not be the least bit surprised to learn that the pirates were empire-funded to give the Empire a good excuse.

"We're here to see Shondra Del, we're former business partners for Keyorin," he replies

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ateno »

Kael will just let his attention wander, listining in for anything interesting, ignoring info about the Star Destroyer and trying to catch anything useful.

Kael

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit listens as well, trying to learn something.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

Kato likewise waits and listens.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Starbeard »

Vale Starcloud sits silently next to Clark, smiling benignly at the lady while actually keeping his mind relaxed and taking in as much of the voices, faces and conversations all around the room as he can. He plans to flex his Jedi memory enhancement of the scene later, in case some small detail of information here proves useful.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul does his best to fit in with the lobby crowd, wearing his button-down and tie. He keeps fidgeting with the knot, whining about how it's choking him. "How do people wear thiss?" He whispers to Vale.

The large Barabel keeps looking over the other spacers, sizing up the competition.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Starbeard »

Vale looks Zuul up and down. "Don't worry my friend, it will relax over time. You look good, trust me." Vale then picks up his drink and pointedly turns his face away to take a long sip.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by max_vale »

Gwynn Dispatch office, City of Elrooden, Capital of the planet Elrood, Capital World of the Elrood Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Clark spoke with the woman behind the counter while the rest of the team sat in the lounge doing their best to quietly just take in their surroundings and listen to the conversations of the other spacers in the room.....some did this much better than others as the suit and tie wearing Barabel got a LOT of strange looks*......

The attractive brunette smiled at Clark and said; "Oh yes, Shondra said you'd be coming by...she left a message for you, wait just a minute..." and she proceeds to walk to a set of shelves that hold all manner of packages, comms, small crates and the like. As she rummages through several things, she keeps talking; "....yeah, she comes through here ever few weeks or so....I think the last time was about a week and a half ago....good spacer, brings lots of business.....so, how'd you guys meet up in the fir....here it is!", she interrupts herself and brings over a small holo-disk, the kind that play a short recorded message. "There you go....I'm Kellise Gwynn by the way, my folks' started this shop and now I'm carrying on the tradition. If you ever need to move any cargos and need a buyer or you have a buyer and need some cargo, well don't hesitate to come by, okay"; she says with a twinkle in the eye as she smiles up at the tall Professor.

Meanwhile, the others don't overhear too much else of interest; one spacer talking to another mentions: "Yeah, trade's slowing down all over the Sector right now....the growing season is done on Coyn, no more electronics to pick up on Torina and of course the Imperial Interdiction Zone on Derilyn makes that a no-go.....it's getting tough out there...."

It's about then that Professor Clark nods to the others and they file out and see that in between them and the massive 50 story tall tower that is the RMC headquarters building just a few blocks away is a large, public park. A few people are walking around here and there, a few families are out having a picnic or letting children play and a significant number of blue-and-tan uniformed RMC guards are patrolling the area. It's not hard to find an area to watch the message with no one around. Clark pressed the play button and a holographic image of a young, intense-looking human woman with dark skin and eyes and white hair (think Storm from the X-men) rises up in 3D form from the disk and speaks to them....

"I'm Shondra Del of Alli....err...New Republic Intelligence, sorry, still getting used to that change. Also, I Captain a small freighter known as The Star of Elrood and I'll be your contact here in the Sector. To keep it short; it's not a real safe place yet for folks like us, so keep your affiliations QUIET if you get me. The Empire maintains a pretty strong presence in the Sector and so far, they're standing firm together. On top of that, there's any number of pirates and shady sorts who'd be happy to make a few credits turning us over to the Empire if they feel they can get away with it. One you're done your mission to RMC, return here with the message 'All Clear on Keyorin' and Gwynn should have another message for you from me....if all goes well on my own mission. If you run into trouble, I'll try to do what I can.....leave a message here and I'll see what I can do, but I don't have a lot of the kind of contacts or resources to come blasting in to save you, if you follow me. Welcome to Elrood and may the Stars shine on both of our missions."

With that, the image fades away. You have about 20 minutes until the meeting with RMC Representative Jameth Tokal at the HQ building...

*OOC: I LOVE the mental image of Zuul in a suit and tie, nice!

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by kipper »

After the message is complete, Clark will destroy the holo-disk (assuming that's possible) as it contains a lot of evidence the Empire could use against Shondra!

Beyond that, he doesn't have any particular plans until our meeting, beyond perhaps staking out Gwynn Dispatch and/or RMC HQ on the off chance anything suspicious arises.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Grill..."
"Do we need anything before our meeting?"

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Starbeard »

Vale Starcloud

"I don't think so," Vale replies before taking another drink (I've just decided Vale always has a flask with him of whatever light, refreshing ginger brew Jedi like to drink). "But we must be cautious. Not all hives of villainy are wretched."

As they pass through the park and into the HQ, he keeps his empathic senses open, listening for anger, hatred, supreme pride, guilt, anxiety—the emotions he would expect of double-crossers and Imperial spies.
(focusing on using Empathy)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit follows behind Vale, alert as possible.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by ateno »

Kael keeps the diplomatic pose he has grown over all the years, which is why he looks like a vereran operator instead of nervous.

*Maybe I can pull this off, I have learned alot during my time*

He enjoys the time in the outside, breathing unstale air

Kael

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

"So wait. That lady didn't give uss anything, right? Just another person to talk to?" Zuul is tapping his foot and looking around quickly. "He hopess the next lady hass something to do."

Zuul follows along, entering yet another stuffy office building.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by max_vale »

Radell Mining Corporation (RMC) Headquarters Building, City of Elrooden, Capital of the planet Elrood, Capital World of the Elrood Sector, Outer Rim Territories

The team of New Republic Agents walked around the park for a bit before making their way to the tall, narrow pyramid building that was the RMC Headquarters, noticing among the various 'city worker' types, a scattering of what was clearly Imperial Naval personnel, presumably off duty and several RMC Security guards in distinctive blue and tan uniforms with the RMC label on the backs of the (presumably) armored jackets. They walked into the large building at the ground level and were met by polite, but very observant guards who asked their business, checked their weapons* and looked at ident cards. They were then ushered to a desk where a helpful SE-4 Droid who introduced herself as 'SE-4T, but you can call me 'Forty', who confirmed their appointment and ushered them to a turbolift, telling them that Mr. Jameth Todkal awaited them on Floor 28....

RMC HQ buidling:

'Forty' the Droid:

The trip to the 28th floor was fairly quick, though it WAS a tight squeeze with the suited-up Zuul and Kit taking up a lot of space between them. The doors of the turbolift opened up and everyone filed out to a pristine, marbled hallway filled with elegant holo-art and statues. Everything had the blue and/or tan colors of the Corporation on them, even the waste baskets. About twenty meters down the hallway a short man in an expensive suit stood waiting near an open doorway and he smiled at them as they walked close.

"Welcome, welcome! My name is Jameth Todkal and I'm so very glad you could make it." He seems to be in his mid 40s or perhaps early 50s with thinning, gray hair but a very enthusiastic and animated air about him. "Please follow me to a secure room where we can....properly....discuss matters." Vale had been reaching out with the Force the whole time, but other than a perhaps higher-than-usual amount of Fear (but not crazy), he hadn't felt anything very alarming.

Todkal directs everyone into a room where a pair of highly-competent looking Security Guards stood alert and towards a smaller room with a heavy door with significantly more locks than is standard for an office conference room and a pair of techs who were sweeping for any signs of 'bugs'. They shook their heads and Jameth nodded at them and directed the New Republic team into the room where a long table with about 10 seats total were around it. "Please, please, have a seat and we'll get started", Jameth states as the door shuts and a number of locks sound.

"Now then....to the matter at hand. As you already know, my company has recently entered into an agreement with your Re...err...New Republic", he looks a bit embarrassed, "-sorry, sometimes we have to talk to the Imperials, as I'm sure you noticed and they are REALLY not happy with us when we say that. Ahem, anyway.....the agreement was for us to provide your government with supplies we mine and in return we'd gain the services of an Exploration Team to help us find more raw resource worlds/moons/asteroids/etc. The problem is the actions of one of our competitor companies, the relatively new IML or Imperial Mining Limited. They have recently, most likely due to current Galactic Events, decided to wage 'Corporate War' on us by sponsoring several attacks that have damaged our mines, captured or stolen from our Scout and Transport Ships and in the last month alone had some one plant and set off explosives at three of our facilities."

"As I'm sure you've noticed, security here is quite tight here at the moment. We are expecting another bombing, perhaps here at our headquarters building after some of the threats we've received. IML leadership is quite tight with Moff Andal so our requests for investigations into the company have been met with assurances of 'we're looking into it' but no actual action. These actions are seriously impacting our operations, particularly in our Scouting and Transporting abilities and a big part of the reason we've entered into what will hopefully be a long-term arrangement with the New Republic. The team they sent, the Grey Griffins, were exploring a recently discovered world called Alluvia when they were attacked by pirates who let one member, Parek, go with their demands. Before I bring him in here so you can talk to him directly about about what happened with his crew, is there any questions I can answer for you?"

OOC: *If anyone was carrying a licensed Blaster or Slugthrower, it will currently be down on the ground floor being held by Security. The Lightsabers would've been allowed to be kept and if anyone wants to attempt to smuggle in a Holdout Blaster or small vibroblade, let me know and I'll make some rolls.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by kipper »

Clark will not attempt to smuggle his holdout blaster.

He has no further questions for Jameth at this time.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit will just keep her lightsaber.

She silently listens to what the man has to say.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by ateno »

Kael says nothing and does not bring any weapons.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Starbeard »

Vale keeps his lightsaber at his side. He has no questions and would like to meet this Republic agent.

Return to “WEG Star Wars 1st Edition d6”