The Mausoleum

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Mausoleum

#461 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Will stay back with Belloc and Ceana axe at the ready.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#462 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag waits until everyone is set and will rapidly push the lid off the coffin, and jump back with his sword at the ready.

Test of str target 4 [1d6]=5 Or not, depending on how heavy it is...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"I think we've broken the door. I'm no carpenter, but that doesn't look like it will fit." Kain tries to make a joke to reassure Ceana, then smiles reassuringly. "I think the plan is sound. Open one, run if there is a problem. And I'm betting you run faster than I do."

Kain stays in the middle, ahead of Ceana, Belloc, and Taibhse.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#464 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tuurma?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma joins Cormag by the lid, ready to strike.

"Let it come. We're ready."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by hedgeknight »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:16 pm Kainaxarthos "I think we've broken the door. I'm no carpenter, but that doesn't look like it will fit." Kain tries to make a joke to reassure Ceana, then smiles reassuringly. "I think the plan is sound. Open one, run if there is a problem. And I'm betting you run faster than I do."
Ceana smirks and says, "When a bear is chasing you, all you have to do is outrun the slowest in the group."
She glances at Kain and smiles. "I was never the slowest."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#467 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lost Mausoleum
Finishing The Job, Next Morning

Opening the first coffin lid reveals a desiccated resident within, one that has clearly been dead a long, long time. Thankfully, it doesn't open its eyes or rise from the vessel in any way. A nice looking necklace of gold and small gems still adorns what remains of the remains.
long dead.jpg
long dead.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 4625 times
Searching the first doesn't cause any reaction from the others, and so far the final crypt remains safe and quiet.

7 more coffins spread around the room await the attention of the group.

Actions?

This might go faster if I have everyone include a percentile roll with their next actions. Thanks!

Kainaxarthos AC:6 3/8 1st:2/2
Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Ceana AC:5 5/8 1st:3/3
Taibhse AC:7 2/7 1st:1/2 MM
Cormag AC:4 5/11
Belloc AC:6 7/9 0/3 Crestos: (Owl) AC:7 4/4

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#468 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Will remain in the back, but will move forward as those in the crypt push further in.

% Roll: [1d100]=21

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#469 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc
stays alert sling at the ready

Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druid's mouth goes dry upon seeing the desiccated corpse, and she reflexively takes a step back. Once it doesn't rise and try to eat them, Ceana moves a little farther into the room.
% roll: [1d100]=4
Winter is coming...

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma grabs the necklace from the corpse.

"No one is taking this? I'll keep it for us and we'll share the coin if we can sell it."

Provided the corpse doesn't jump scare her Resident Evil style, she'll move over to the next coffin, second closest to the exit and removes the lid, if possible using her weapon as a precaution, to avoid any poison gas and/or corpses lunging for her.

"Everybody ready? Let's do this."

She'll go on doing this one coffin at a time if nobody in the group suggests otherwise.

Percentile roll: [1d100]=61

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Open them up, Tuurma, that was the plan. We've got your back. And yes, we plan to take everything we find."

Kain moves along with the vanguard, keeping close but out of zombie range.

[1d100]=75

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#473 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag Places his sword on where the throat would be and stabs straight downif it's truly and finally dead, it shouldn't care, if not, best it not surprise us from behind. , then he stays with the plan, advancing with sword at the ready to the next coffin, ready to open it or be ready to swing.

Totally safe d100 [1d100]=85

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#474 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lost Mausoleum
Finishing The Job, Next Morning

Cormag uses his sword to ensure the dead are indeed dead, finally satisfied when none of the new corpses jump up to try to eat any of them.

The coffins are opened methodically, one at a time, with great caution. To speed things along, each member of the group joins in on the search.

Cormag finds a few badly rusted weapons of little to no value, while Kain locates a few fake ornamental gems worth about the same. Tuurma finds an interesting looking robe in one of the coffins, but it is badly tattered and decayed, actually falling apart if she tries to recover it.

Taibhse finds an old pouch filled with 40 gold coins, Belloc locates an intact ivory scroll case, shaking it to hear at least one item remaining inside. Ceana seems to win the search when she pulls out from a coffin what appears to be a potion of some kind. The tiny glass bottle is still stoppered tightly and the frothy white liquid inside sloshes around when she shakes it lightly.

Crestos screeches loudly once the search appears to be complete, the intelligent animal companion anticipating its master might finally be ready to leave this dry, desolate place once and for all.

Actions?

Kainaxarthos AC:6 3/8 1st:2/2
Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Ceana AC:5 5/8 1st:3/3
Taibhse AC:7 2/7 1st:1/2 MM
Cormag AC:4 5/11
Belloc AC:6 7/9 0/3 Crestos: (Owl) AC:7 4/4

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druid pockets the potion and says, "Can we leave now? I'm ready to smell fresh air, even if it is full of sand and grit."
Added potion to character sheet.
Winter is coming...

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#476 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

"This would seem to be gold for the gods people here seem to believe in. So, if you object to us dividing it speak now."

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#477 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:35 pm Ceana

The druid pockets the potion and says, "Can we leave now? I'm ready to smell fresh air, even if it is full of sand and grit."
Added potion to character sheet.
Crestos seems to be of the same idea Belloc smiles as he sees the small owl flutter about then turns his attention to the scroll case and examines its contents, tries to read or decipher what he finds and shares any information gained with the group then deposits the scroll in the center
Ahlmzhad wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:36 pm Taibhse

"This would seem to be gold for the gods people here seem to believe in. So, if you object to us dividing it speak now."
we can divide as you or the group sees fit, im ready to move on
then starts to ready his equipment for the trek back to the city
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#478 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag is ready to get out of here, and get some rest and treatment for his wounds as well.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Excellent job, everyone! And no new undead either!" Kain agrees with the group and heads toward the exit. "Oh, I almost forgot. The most dangerous part of tomb raiding is the exit. So be on guard and keep your eyes open."

"Let's split the loot once we get back in town. No sense staying out here any longer. I'll also give some healing then."

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#480 Post by Belkregos »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:33 pm Kainaxarthos

"Excellent job, everyone! And no new undead either!" Kain agrees with the group and heads toward the exit. "Oh, I almost forgot. The most dangerous part of tomb raiding is the exit. So be on guard and keep your eyes open."

"Let's split the loot once we get back in town. No sense staying out here any longer. I'll also give some healing then."
Belloc nods and tucks the scroll case away along with his notes and starts to make his way out of the structure

Return to “Completed Missions”