Ch. 2: Finally Inside the Tomb

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Finally Inside the Tomb

#381 Post by Bhart »

Sorry for being AWOL. Business is picking up for me so I'm basically working 2 jobs now, it leaves little time for games.
I'll resume tomorrow night.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#382 Post by Bhart »

The door opens easily revealing a 10x20 foot corridor with a second door ahead. Quinn moves forward carefully probing the floor with his spear.

Detect pit check using pole/spear...
[1d6] = 5
Unfortunately he failed to trigger the pit trap which opens up beneath him as he advances. Quinn scrambles to grab the edge as he begins to fall...

Avoidance check, 16 dex =20%
[1d100] = 78
Unfortunately he reacts too slowly and falls into a 10 foot deep pit lined with spikes.

Check number of spikes hit and damage
[1d6] = 1
[2d6] = 6
Quinn is impaled by one spike as he hits the bottom of the pit.

6 points damage, save vs poison please.
Attachments
toh2.png
toh2.png (252.36 KiB) Viewed 937 times

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#383 Post by Bhart »

Stirling wrote:McCloud, having put down 'Bagpuss' will draw out his trusty (and rusty) claymore. Holding it in his right hand and taking hold off his new wand will practice some shadow fencing in the rear behind Urdak. He will make a few lunging thrusts and fine ripostes and the occasional "zap" or "pow" as he mimics the wand discharging.

As he inspects the wand does he find any clues to key words or actions that will cause it to function?

(hoping we don't have a DM moment where you go , yes, say "zap" and it fires!!)
Don't temp me. That would be too funny. Lucky for you I'm not that cruel. :twisted:
The wand has the word FROBOZZ etched into the handle.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#385 Post by saalaria »

Can Skarlos easily get into the pit, Bill?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by tkrexx »

Urdak, surprised at the floor dropping, jumps forward and seizes his rope, intending to send one end down to Quinn.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#387 Post by Bhart »

saalaria wrote:Can Skarlos easily get into the pit, Bill?
With the aid of the rope Urdak just dropped into it, yes. You have 10 segments before the poison kills him. Are you going to rush down the rope or use caution?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#388 Post by saalaria »

I guess I will have to rush otherwise he will die

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Stirling »

"Sorry guys, I'm all out of lotions and potions to help him", McCloud will say with a touch of deja vue' having seen Quinn impale himself in the entrance corridor. He will steady the rope with Urdak. When both cleric and bard are out of the pit, McCloud will strike his lantern for extra light.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#390 Post by Mondego »

Quinn pulls himself off of the spikes and tries to reach his comrades before the poison incapacitates him.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#391 Post by Bhart »

saalaria wrote:I guess I will have to rush otherwise he will die
Ok you get down the rope with out a problem.
[1d100] = 58
Roll a 1d4 and name the spell or item you are using (hint: time is of great importance here).

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#392 Post by Mondego »

OOC: Can Quinn cast neutralize poison on himself (5 segments) or is he in to much pain from the spikes/poison?

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#393 Post by Bhart »

Mondego wrote:OOC: Can Quinn cast neutralize poison on himself (5 segments) or is he in to much pain from the spikes/poison?
Possibly, make a wisdom check. 1d20 under the ability score to succeed.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will remember that the fallen Razluki had a scroll of healing which I believe that Skarlos now has. Probably the scroll will take longer to use but if Quinn can get some minor laying on of hands perhaps the cure crit will get him on his feet again.

Do we then press on or having seen the party halved, retire back to a safer haven and rest, eat drink and make merry. For his part McCloud is all for pressing on...did we just open a door into another room or what? A 10 x20 room with a pit and another door...?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by tkrexx »

Press on.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#397 Post by saalaria »

anyone got their books handy? Am assuming Slow Poison much quicker to cast than Neutralise - right? What are the casting times?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by tkrexx »

Indeed, Slow Poison = 1 segment casting time. Neutralize Poison = 7 segments, unless the Druidical equivelant is available; it's 5 segments.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Zhym »

When last we left our heroes...

...they were pressing on into the dungeon, determined to complete their mission despite their depleted numbers. Their ranks were reduced by more than half. Erodhan, the haughty elf, had been the first to go, dead of hubris. Bindle the monk was the next, or so the survivors presumed. He walked into a fogged archway and was not seen again—missing in action, presumed dead of impulsiveness. Razluki the cleric and Tixs the thief died together delivering grisly, creepy portents of doom. And Skiiratch the Rash proved true his name, struck dead by a bolt of lightning when he made the mistake of touching an altar. Only McCloud, Skarlos, Urdak, and Quinn have survived to delve further into the tomb.

Quinn has impaled himself on a poisoned spike in one of the tomb's seemingly infinite supply of pit traps. As Skarlos rushes into the pit to aid the bard, Quinn manages to pull himself off the spike, grab a sprig of the mistletoe he always has at the ready, and speak the words neutralis venominus just in time to neutralize the deadly poison.

Skarlos safely reaches the bottom of the pit, carefully avoiding the spikes, as Urdak and McCloud look on.

What is your next move?

Edited to correctly reflect that neutralize poison, not slow poison, was cast. Alas, I'll have to save molassus venominus for later.
Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 3.23.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 3.23.29 PM.png (231.18 KiB) Viewed 781 times
Status: McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 40/40; Skarlos (C10): 56/56; Urdak (Dwarf F10): 75/75; Quinn (B13(F7/T8)): 61/78

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by tkrexx »

molassus venominus
LMAO I love this!

Skarls, grabbn d'rope n will draggn ya bot' up! The Dwarf is not smart, but he clearly does not want to see his party's number diminish further. Halfn-Elfn Cloud, help!

Return to “Party 2”