In Zir (IC)

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

In Zir (IC)

#1 Post by tibbius »

The sun is low against the horizon of the purple waters of the Western Ocean. From the bluffs above the bustling harbor of Zir, you watch its slow decline. Behind you, crimson Jhang hangs low over the dull green copper rooftops of the single-story stone buildings that are the homes and shops of the city. To the right, dockworkers and carters move goods up the curving incline from the docks to the city market. The air is clamorous with working songs and odorous with salt and woodsmoke and fish.

You have gathered to discuss a business proposition - acquiring, from a guarded treasury, a precious Phaedran artefact. Its purpose unknown, its description vague. It's made of a metal lighter than brass, but of the same appearance. It has cogs and gears and is encased in a housing like glass, but stronger than steel.

Each of you, please mention a thing you have heard about the treasury, which is located in the midst of the city.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: In Zir (IC)

#2 Post by cybersavant »

Califax

"I've heard the treasury has three guard shifts. Each shift has stationed guards as well as random patrols. Twelve members make up each duty shift."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by doppelganger »

Philabar

"Friends, let me tell you what I hear. The coins of our realm are rumored to have been adulterated with lesser metals--silver, copper, or worse--and the Treasury, they say, is the source of these tainted coins. The Sultan must be well aware of these, ah, rumors."

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

Thamyris: There are many traps guarding the treasury with a great variety of triggers.

I'm not finding quite the right words, but the thought is that many traps, some that might be bypassed with Thamyris's skills.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

"Very well," says Gossar, the usually (atypically) quiet Sindaran collector who has spurred you thus far in pursuit of the enigmatic valuable item. "You have reconnoitered well." He leisurely caresses the narrow spine of gold-colored nodules that run from the bridge of his nose back to the base of his pale brown and emaciated head.

"I propose an expeditious approach to the matter," he adds, "perhaps you could make use of these two vials of narcotic powder and my rod of alchemy to incapacitate the human patrols." He makes a leisurely gesture toward his hiking pack, to which such accoutrements are fastened. "I suspect that your abilities can triumph over the most arcane of traps, and that you will recall I have no interest in the purity or otherwise of Zandirian coinage." He reaches over to the pack and pulls out an elaborate spherical wooden construction that is adorned with a complex pattern of metal pegs. Pulling out one of the pegs he replaces it two holes further along a track of holes, and pulls a thin metal rectangle from a tray in the side of the apparatus. He glances at the card and mutters to himself, then flips it over and examines the back of the card with a calm expression. Then he drops the card into a narrow slot at the top of the construction. "Solitaire Trivarian is somewhat entertaining," he comments, "but it is ... frustrating ... to have no adequate companions for the competitive game!"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by cybersavant »

Califax

"Thank you. Those items should help." He looks to his companions, Anything else we might need?"
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#7 Post by doppelganger »

Philabar

"We will use these tools wisely." The Zandir charlatan pauses thoughtfully. "I have heard of such powders employed by assassins and thieves, but I have not had occasion to use one in my trade. Tell us, does one blow it on a target to yield the desired effect? Will the victim remember anything of their narcotic stupor?"

Before Gossar can respond, he adds another question. "And are there any you know in the Treasury on the inside, as we say... any who might aid us in our task?"

Return to “Would Be Legends (Tal 4e)”