Unseen Servant Rogues Gallery

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Unseen Servant Rogues Gallery

#1 Post by rredmond »

A discussion on a different forum made me think about all the fun PCs I've played here, and all the ones I've interacted with.
It'd be a great project to make a forum Rogues Gallery. Not only to note the neato characters here, and their backstory and memorialize them, but also to have a stable of pre-gens and NPCs.

I've got to think about it more, but I bet this would be good for ToniXX's Unseen Servant Publishing to even put out. Hmm, any other thoughts on the idea?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Unseen Servant Rogues Gallery

#2 Post by Rex »

I think it is an excellent idea. I would be fine with ToniXX's Unseen Servant Publishing using my characters.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:09 pm I think it is an excellent idea.
Agreed!
I definitely have one character in mind that would apply here.
What were you thinking, Ron? For players to start posting links to different characters as replies to this post, or create something more dedicated for this purpose?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by sastaz »

rredmond wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:00 pm ...but I bet this would be good for ToniXX's Unseen Servant Publishing to even put out. Hmm, any other thoughts on the idea?
Help a newbie out. What's ToniXX's Unseen Servant Publishing? :)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

sastaz wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:52 pm Help a newbie out. What's ToniXX's Unseen Servant Publishing? :)
I think there used to be a link somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I just now went searching for it.

Anyway, Greg (ToniXX) has published a few products under that company name, found here:

I don't know if anything formally became of it, but there was a previous project years ago where interested community members submitted locations for a settlement. There was talk of it being developed into a product for publication, but, again, I don't know what became of it. That project can be found here:

-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:19 pm For players to start posting links to different characters as replies to this post, or create something more dedicated for this purpose?
I was thinking to try and standardize a character sheet/presentation, but then I realized that it’s not only different D&D editions we’d have to worry about, but flat out other games altogether. :)

We would have to be careful about some of our character art (Eddie is probably trademarked :biggrin: ) but folks could present the character however best they like, as long as we know game and edition, and the PbP the PC was in. But no links, I think we’d rather how the player feels the PC should be presented. Then we will see how best it might all fit together?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

That all sounds fine, but if we linked to the sheet wouldn't that show what game it was in?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by rredmond »

True. I guess that works too. I’m just thinking if folks wanted to add more of a backstory. Or wanted to show the character earlier in their career not as they are in their dead file.

I figured this would be for the characters that you remembered fondly, or are still playing fondly. :)
But if you just wanted link to a past PC that works too.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

The link is easiest, but maybe we could have a campaign ID for the gallery and we could copy our character sheet into that and then we could add more history to it.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

I just didn’t want: “hey here are the 15 characters I played - links”. More looking for, these are the two PCs I really loved playing, or found really interesting to play, here’s their stats, their background, why I loved playing them, etc.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

That makes sense and I would be up for.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by hedgeknight »

dmw71 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:50 pm Anyway, Greg (ToniXX) has published a few products under that company name, found here:

I own a copy of the Peril of Ardun and it is extremely well done. I had asked Greg for permission to develop another game idea in the realm of Margant, but like most plans, mine was swallowed up in other things. I would like to get back to his world, and even run The Peril of Ardun on the boards here. I think he ran it several years ago, but a return to it would be fun.
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

If you ever decide to give it a go count me in Gary.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by hedgeknight »

Rex wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:03 pm If you ever decide to give it a go count me in Gary.
You got it man!
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Thanks!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

I really had fun playing Castien Larenthalryl... and his 4 constitution.

It turns out, the asthmatic mage was quite capable with his staff when the time called for it:
And he successfully made a strength check to drag an unconscious body out of harm's way.

Then, there was always Malak. :lol: Truer words have never been spoken:
dmw71 wrote:"I've never had a more average character than the one I just rolled"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “General RPG discussion”