(4) Bazaar

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (4) Bazaar

#101 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caldwell takes the list of properties and looks over Kain and Ceana, staring into the Kelts eyes a little longer than he intended.

"Certainly. Let's walk this direction. We can inspect the first few locations here in the Bazaar area, and then circle around the streets to look at the other properties."

After walking a couple blocks away, he points out an empty building just off the main streets, still close to the Bazaar area. This home is a smallish two story mud-daubed brick building, stuccoed on the outside, and painted an off white color. It looks to be in fine shape from the outside.

"This one is a real steal at 4,500 gold. Is that about the price range you're looking for? Or should we head a little further out of town?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"This one is nice, but I wonder if the noise from the Bazaar is too great. Perhaps something a bit quieter. Maybe towards the tavern?"

As they walk he chats about logistics. "So how long would I have to gather the payment? I find it unwise to carry such sums on me, personally. I could hand over a percentage immediately, of course."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druidess holds the man's gaze until he breaks it by looking away. She smiles slightly and follows he and Kain around looking at potential properties. All the while, she checks the shadows between buildings to make sure they are not being followed or watched. She doesn't trust anyone in this city.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#104 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caldwell nods.

"Right you are. Totally understandable. The Bazaar can get quite noisy at certain times of the day."

Kain gets a strange look when asking for something a little closer to the tavern.

"Ha! Which tavern? Xambaala is full of them. Saturn's Luck? The Caravanserai? The Last Plank in the Docks District? Any one of the fifty others?"

Ceana keeps an astute eye out for trouble, trusting nobody in this dry and dusty den of iniquity. Fortunately, she doesn't notice anyone or anything out of the ordinary as they walk through the streets of the bustling Inner City.

After being asked about financing, Caldwell smiles and nods. "Of course you dont. I would think you a fool otherwise, sir. Especially around here. If you don't have the funds together at the time of purchase, we would set up a payment system for you. There would be interest involved, of course, but you could get by with say, a 10% down payment of the overall costs."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He chuckles at the misunderstanding. "You are most correct, I apologize. As a man who covers the entire city, you of course think of them all. I, on the other hand, have only come to town recently and am still mixing up which streets go where. The spoke and wheel nature of the streets is rather effective, all roads lead to the bazaar."

"Let's focus on Saturn's Luck."

"I believe that will be fine, payment at finalization."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#106 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caldwell nods.

"Indeed. Our Bazaar is known far and wide. It brings merchants in from all over the region and beyond. I am sure it was no mistake the founders laid out the city in such fashion."

He shows you three more available properties in the city, nothing overly special, but all in the market of around 5,000gp. One of them is practically in the back yard of Saturn's Luck. #2

"The Docks District is only a stone throw away, and if iniquity is your thing, you will fit right in around this neighborhood."

Xambaala.jpeg
Xambaala.jpeg (124.45 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Monsieur Rose »

So while I'm loving playing house, it appears that Ceana is in large demand to go adventuring. Kain is only a bit put out. :D
Let me ask Hedge if Ceana is interested in pooling resources to purchase a property. Which was Kain's plan, before people scattered. If Ceana is, then we can pick something around 4500 or 5k and move on, using the coin as a deposit. If not, Kain will have to start slumming it and look closer to the docks. Which may be better anyway, just not what Kain was looking for.

Besides, Ceana owes Kain for sabotaging his gambit to get paid for work they already did. :lol:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by hedgeknight »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:59 pm So while I'm loving playing house, it appears that Ceana is in large demand to go adventuring. Kain is only a bit put out. :D
Let me ask Hedge if Ceana is interested in pooling resources to purchase a property. Which was Kain's plan, before people scattered. If Ceana is, then we can pick something around 4500 or 5k and move on, using the coin as a deposit. If not, Kain will have to start slumming it and look closer to the docks. Which may be better anyway, just not what Kain was looking for.

Besides, Ceana owes Kain for sabotaging his gambit to get paid for work they already did. :lol:
Ha! Ceana isn't thrilled with being a partner in a business, but she does believe this could be good for her and also gives her a permanent place of residence somewhat. She's in. ;)
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#109 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oddly enough, the place closest to Saturns Luck is the cleanest, the newest, and the best deal price wise. Likely due to its seedy location near the less desirable establishments of brothels, gambling houses, and wine sinks.

Caldwell nods at the proposal. ”If this property suits your needs, it can be purchased at a cost of 4,250 gold coins…..or its equivalent. 10% down would come to 425 gold, which will get you in the door and get the paperwork for the loan started. Is that agreeable with the two of you?”

The place is a two story brick building with a few rooms on each floor. Kain believes it could easily be used for a business on the ground floor, while comfortable living quarters could be arranged on the floor above.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He nods approvingly at the property. He has no qualms about rubbing parts with brothels and gambling houses. "I think this would be most agreeable. Let's do it."

Maybe 212 from each of us? Or Kain can do 300, if Ceana wants to have more cash.

"Shall we conduct business inside, or back at the office?"

Then we can go find the others and Kain can tag along with Ceana. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#111 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caldwell smiles wide, thinking about his handsome commission.

“Excellent!

I will have the paperwork drawn up by this time tomorrow. Return to our office after that time to sign the documents and make your down payment, and you two will officially reside here in Xambaala by the Eventide Bell, if that’s still a thing anymore.”

“Agreed?”

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by hedgeknight »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:25 am Kainaxarthos
Maybe 212 from each of us? Or Kain can do 300, if Ceana wants to have more cash.
212 works; she has 200 gold in gems and the rest in gold pieces.
Winter is coming...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

His nature forces some alarm bells to go off when he sees how happy Caldwell is, but Kain can't see anything wrong with it. "Agreed. My thanks to you and Ondrews. You have both been most helpful."
Kain returns the smile and looks fondly at his new endeavor.

"We will come by in a few days to sign everything. Safe travels."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#114 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will connect you two with the Ruins group next, then?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Works for me.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Rex »

Me too. Just tried to give you some help.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#117 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks!

The overall reunion can be picked up here:
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 26#p667026

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”