CHAPTER 12d: Across Motter's Realm

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

Re: CHAPTER 12d: Across Motter's Realm

#221 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

Anton frets "If those flyers feel safe down there, we might not be. This is their home. Maybe we should come back to this one, it looks like the last one anyway...

GrapeApe
Guide
Guide

#222 Post by GrapeApe »

I agree it might not be safe... but we could test how capable they are as opponents since there are only two. The information we gain could aide us if we encounter a larger group of them at a later time?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri looks towards the dark shaft leading up.

"We were looking to try and find a way up, maybe this is it? If someone can get up there we can attach a rope using the grabber device."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Zhym »

"Why couldn't I have been constructed with rocket feet?" wonders Kurot aloud. "I mean, if you're designing an artificial sentient from scratch, why not give it flight power?"

"Alas, I wasn't, and I don't, so I guess I'm no help there."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri proceeds to the bottom of the vertical shaft and holds the torch up as high as he can to illuminate the shaft to try and get an idea of how difficult it might be to climb.

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#226 Post by doppelganger »

Urlando
Urlando trails behind Silvestri. He remembers that he saw no paw- or hand-holds in the chamber he explored that was like this one.
If all of the walls and floors are as smooth as this, there is nothing for a rope to hold on to up there. There has to be another way up this vertical tunnel. Maybe we should explore other side passages?
Whilr the others are examining the chamber, he pulls out one of the waxy potato-like objects that tumbled out of the ceiling in the previous chamber, and studies it.

GrapeApe
Guide
Guide

#227 Post by GrapeApe »

"These two flies are contained in this room, for all we know. Perhaps if we can capture one and tie as much rope as we have around it, the fly could fly upwards and Urlando could climb up the rope in his rat form?" Podo prepares his herdi-whip and is on guard going a little further into the hallway to peer deeper into the circular room.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#228 Post by greyarea »

If we can capture a fly and make it do our bidding, then I am all for it, says Denslow, fingering the ropes he'd joined with his twigs. I for one know nothing of taming bugs.

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

#229 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

I supposed it's worth a shot but let's be careful. I don't trust those flying cousins of mine.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#230 Post by greyarea »

Max says, I don’t trust them either but it’s not like we’re riding them. Right? He looks at the others for reassurance. Right?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Norjax »

Gam’A Zone, Motter’s Realm 261D/81 (Late Afternoon)

Silvestri illuminates the 10ft diameter shaft running up into the darkness. Fifteen, thirty and forty-five feet above the floor, dark openings lead out of the smooth, featureless vertical conduit.

If someone can ascend the shaft and activate the ‘grabber device’, a rope could be secured. An energetic actuation of Magnetic Control would allow the psion to lift a creature up the shaft and set the Grabber.

Urlando suggests exploring the remaining side passages. As he waits for a response, the rat-man studies one of the waxy pellets. The hard substance is translucent white and deforms when squeezed. It has no smell.

Podo slowly approaches the room with the two flies pushed out of the corridor. “How could we capture and/or control these insects?” The fungal giant ponders. They walk around the floor and move to the walls when Podo approaches.

OOC: Next update by Thursday night.

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Point Recovery - 360D]:

Denslow – 42/42 [10/16]
Silvestri – 60/60 [11/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [8/15]
Max – 28/28 [4/15] Glowburned AGL 2, STA 3
Anton – 43/43 [8/11]
Saiph – 25/25 [5/11]
Podo – 63/63 [12/14]
Urlando – 73/75 [11/17] Glowburned AGL 2, STA 2

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#232 Post by greyarea »

Do we have any fresh flesh we can use to attract the flies? asks Denslow. Well, perhaps not "fresh" as they seem to prefer it aged. Perhaps we could get some from the remains of the part-flesh creatures with the masks in the central area.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by shaidar »

Saiph

The diminutive mutant offers to be the one to go up the shaft.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri explains to Saiph how the grabber works, the hands him the grabber and 50' of silk rope.

"I'll lift you up to the closest passage first, and if that is clear then I'll lift you up to the next one and you can place the grabber. That is the range of my ability."

He summons up his magnetic ability:

Magnetic Control: [1d20+8]=15+8=23

I'll spend a luck point to bring it up 24 for a higher strength, if needed.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Norjax »

greyarea wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 am Do we have any fresh flesh we can use to attract the flies? asks Denslow. Well, perhaps not "fresh" as they seem to prefer it aged. Perhaps we could get some from the remains of the part-flesh creatures with the masks in the central area.
Remains of the part-flesh humanoids or the blue goo leaking out of the cylinders will suffice.
shaidar wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 am Saiph
The diminutive mutant offers to be the one to go up the shaft.
Roll for activating the artifact; 1d6 usage die.
shaidar wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:40 am I'll spend a luck point to bring it up 24 for a higher strength, if needed.
A 23 is adequate to lift Saiph.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by shaidar »

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:15 pm Saiph

Rope-secure power check: [1d6]=1
It works, but the die has been reduced to 1d5 for the next usage try.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by shaidar »

Saiph attaches the grabber above the hole at the 30' point and then ties the rope to it, dropping it down for the others.

While he waits for them he peers into the dark of the passageway, looking and listening for signs he is not alone.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by greyarea »

Max tests the rope and will ascend.

GrapeApe
Guide
Guide

#240 Post by GrapeApe »

Podo

Seeing the others begin to ascend the shaft Podo remains on alert in the hallway watching the flies. He watches them closely to try to ascertain and weakness and strengths they may have, as well as any possible weaponry (taloned feet or any acid projecting proboscis visible or anything else?)

To test their aggression Podo warns,"Be ready, I am going to fire pellet at one to see how they respond but the meat is a good idea if they don't come closer." Podo backs up near Denslow, readies his whip to try to shock one unconscious in case they advance, and lifts his other hand to fire a fungal pellet at the fly on the right.

Pellet attack: [1d20+1]=3+1=4 damage: [1d4]=2
Last edited by GrapeApe on Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive”