(13) The Last Plank (Docks Tavern)

OGRE MAGE
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (13) The Last Plank (Docks Tavern)

#241 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

"And we can also be sure that they lead somewhere. That way we'll avoid wandering blindly through the desert."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Although one good sand storm will wipe out any trail. If we get lost then the thing to remember if the the sea is generally west*. Once we find the shore we can relocate Xambaala."

* looking at the map I think down is sort of westish, or maybe more NW.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#243 Post by OGRE MAGE »

New thread is up for Xenos and company here: viewtopic.php?f=1313&t=12362

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#244 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kain’s group should be posting here: viewtopic.php?p=636833#p636833

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#245 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:10 am I doubt there is a place in the city trustworthy enough to stash our coin...is there?
This is something that could be learned by exploration or asking around.
sastaz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:08 pm OH BACK ROOM HUH :) Wasn't that where Tuurma got pickpocketed in her sleep? :oops:
No. That happened the night you stayed in the common room at Saturn's Luck.
Again, there are no rooms for rent at The Last Plank.

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm Kainaxarthos Test of Con (2:6): [1d6]=4
I believe we ruled his armor was fine, since the ooze hit him directly in the face.
With that roll however, and since he wasn't healed until the next day, Kain will suffer a loss of 1 CHR point due to the permanent scarring. (I know that probably screws up his ability to do certain things, :? so feel free to ask around about how to remedy that unfortunate situation.)

Recuperating From The Lost Mausoleum
Early Evening
To The Survivors Go The Spoils

Returning to The Last Plank, a rowdy Kelt friendly tavern in the Docks District, the group rents the back room and orders the table filled with food and drink to celebrate their latest success. They receive more than a few glares and stares from the usual patrons while they celebrate their good fortune, but most of the others mind their own business, witnessing this type of thing many times before.

The buxom Moreen you met earlier is kept busy running back and forth with filled platters and pitchers. "Hey! I remember you folks. Looks like you survived sticking your hands where they probably didn't belong, eh? And quite well, I'd say. Would you care to divulge the details of your latest fortunes? I remember when you couldnt even afford a safe place to sleep, and now look at you tossing coin around." She laughs but not in a mocking fashion.
Moreen.jpeg
Moreen.jpeg (130.49 KiB) Viewed 10570 times

Actions?

We can keep the action here until you decide what you want to do next. If you have ideas about buying gear, but dont feel like playing that all out, just let me know here (again) what you want to purchase and we can fast track that business.

If you are the type of player who enjoys RPing that stuff out, please fell free to do so in the appropriate threads. Thanks!

Kainaxarthos AC:6 3/8 1st:2/2
Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Ceana AC:5 5/8 1st:3/3
Taibhse AC:7 2/7 1st:1/2 MM
Cormag AC:4 5/11
Belloc AC:6 7/9 0/3 Crestos: (Owl) AC:7 4/4

307gp each

Ceana: Snake-Eye Healing Pill (2d4+2)
Cormag: Small Metal Shield (unidentified)
Belloc: Staff of Stygian Purpose
Tuurma: Unknown Potion

Scroll:
Charm Person: Belloc
Chill Touch: Taibhse
Cure Light Wounds: Ceana
Continuous Light: Kain

Spellbook: Burning Hands: Belloc (copying this into your existing book will require a successful Chance to Learn Spell roll, 10gp, and three days of time)
Sleep: (to be sold?)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

"Yoon'Deh has indeed blessed us!" the Kelt druid says, raising a tankard. "The walking dead in the Mausoleum should trouble you no more. The next round is on me!"
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#247 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc kept the staff covered, knowing the effect it had on people who gazed upon it. He was worried that greedy hands would try to get at it, but he knew that such was the burden he had chosen.

Checking again to make sure the staff was safe, he scanned the patrons of the tavern with a wary eye.

Belloc took a sip of his drink and addressed the group. "I'm glad our paths have come together," he said. "Surely Crestos and I would not have made it out alive on our own. we are in your debt. If you ever need our help, we'll be there to provide support. But now I'll need to get back to the astrologer's tower. I have to get back to my studies."

he takes another sip and listens to any comments

OOC: whenever he has a chance Belloc will replace the flasks of Greek fire he used up
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#248 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Cautiously takes part in the celebration. He will inquire of Belloc where this tower is, and if he can consult with him professionally in the future.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

Kain notices that due to the lack of flirting from Moreen, his charms seem to be failing him. "I need a mirror. I think it's bad. Ceana. It's bad, right?"

He's distracted by the scarring on his face and misses Belloc's statement about leaving for the tower.

"We need to find stable housing. What do you think of pooling some resources and seeing what we could find?" Kain attempts a smile, without it reaching his eyes. "And don't forget, there's still more treasure out there!"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by hedgeknight »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:38 pm Kainaxarthos
Kain notices that due to the lack of flirting from Moreen, his charms seem to be failing him. "I need a mirror. I think it's bad. Ceana. It's bad, right?"
Ceana smiles and pats his cheek. "I've seen worse."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#251 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hedgeknight wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:42 pm Ceana

"Yoon'Deh has indeed blessed us!" the Kelt druid says, raising a tankard. "The walking dead in the Mausoleum should trouble you no more. The next round is on me!"
Moreen locks her stunning green eyes with her fellow red haired beauty, a rare sight to be certain here in Xambaala.

"What's that now? You folks are responsible for the lack of undead roaming the streets last night? Well, I would love to hear that story sometime."

She looks to the slightly less attractive Kain next. "More treasure? I'd love to hear that story as well." She winks.

Belloc thanks the group as they celebrate their first victory together, apparently interested in adventuring with them again if something comes up. He and Taibhse quietly discuss the Astrologers Tower, a place the young wizard intends to go to learn more about the precious staff they found. (I will write something up for that over there once we get situated here, allowing everyone to discuss future plans before the group breaks up.

Greek Fire is a specialty item, so it wont be sold just anywhere. Like the weapons and armor, it will need to be sought out at the proper establishments before being purchased.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma accepts the large shield from Cormag, looking genuinely surprised and grateful - a stark contrast to the grunting bloodthirsty beast you've just experienced several times already. She grabs his hand by the lower arm in a sort of warrior handshake.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that. Friend."

Continuing along the same lines, she turns to Kain, as he is studying his new appearance.

"I don't know, I think it suits you. You look better. Not like a child anymore, meaning no disrespect, but like a man who has experienced life. Who has known loss and setback, but could take it, accept it and move on." She smiles warmly.

"Although, next time, maybe you should consider fingering your bag of gems privately, and not in public." Sorry couldn't resist.
Absentmindedly fingering his bag of gems...
Finally, she turns to address Belloc before he leaves.

"What are you planning to do with that staff? Don't worry, I'm calm, I'm not going to try to take it from you. But I need to know that you will tell me of its powers. It's very - VERY - important to me." She closes her eyes for a while and seems to be gathering strength. "Look. What do I have to do to make you trust me?" The berserker seems almost totally gone by now, it's almost eerie.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag smiles Tuurma and returns her grasp A faithful comrade in battle is greater protection than a shield! And at Moreen, saying It's a rousing tale full of danger and bravery, and also loss of a stalwart companion! I'd be happy to regale you with the tale when you've a bit more time to hang on my every word!

On the morrow, he makes his round of local stores, picking up some items he has decided will be of use Assuming all of these are at base :
A bow case (and several spare bow strings), a metal chisel, a small hammer, a pry bar, 8 iron spikes, grappling hook, a hard leather pouch, and a hooded cloak. 33GP subtracted

He will also see if he can find an armorer who can sell him either chain or Laminate armor, and if so, whether they will purchase his studded armor. Being new to the city & world, not sure how easy a deal that will be.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

Kain smiles a bit sadly as Ceana pats him. "As have I, down in the sewers." Kain then bucks up and chuckles a bit.
He looks at Tuurma, finally deciding that she's serious. Perhaps hot-tempered women prefer more weathered men, or at least she does. He'll have to remember that.

"Thank you. You seem to have many sides to you, this one kind but all are interesting."

"Cormag here was the key to the battle, Moreen. You should have seen him in action, it was truly an impressive sight to see." Kain winks at Cormag. "And as for treasure, I'm going to need more drink to tell that tale."

"What does everyone think of regrouping here in a day or so, after dealing with various chores? I'm sure we can find some experiences that are beneficial to us all."

Kain would like to scout around for a residence or building that he might be able to obtain. Plus he needs to see a healer or creepy fish man about some Neosporin.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

"A safe place for lodging would be welcome, and I don't mind sharing a room...if it saves us some coin. I also need to do a bit of shopping."

She looks at Tuurma and smiles. "You're one of us now. We've fought together and bled together. That practically makes us family where I'm from."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#256 Post by OGRE MAGE »

redwarrior wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:35 am Assuming all of these are at base :
A bow case (and several spare bow strings), a metal chisel, a small hammer, a pry bar, 8 iron spikes, grappling hook, a hard leather pouch, and a hooded cloak. 33GP subtracted
Most items here in Xambaala are harder to come by due to its remote location. I think I suggested earlier that list prices will be doubled on common items, so the total for these items would be 66gp. These items don't need to be sought out like the specialty items are, so go ahead and add them if that price is agreeable.

Splitting up into smaller groups to expediate the purchasing process is a good idea. There are shops and the Bazzar to search for weapons and armor. Not sure about the neosporin, though. :lol:

Areas you've searched so far: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 55#p618855

Recuperating From The Lost Mausoleum
Early Evening
To The Survivors Go The Spoils

Bonding is always easier after a few tankards of ale, and it appears this group is forming a strong one.

Mooreen smiles a bit more than normal at Cormag, finding her fellow kinsmen at least a little entertaining. "I know all about loss, friend. You have my sympathies, all of you."

She overhears the group discussing lodging. "The room I mentioned earlier just next door is still available, if you've finally outgrown your disgust for the oldest profession in Hyperborea."

She notices Kains vanity next. "I have seen more Kelts fighting and dying than I care to in this life. Though it is nothing to be proud of, it is a natural way of life here, I suppose."

She mentions to anyone listening. "If you really did stop the undead threat here, you might want to go see if you can get any kickbacks from the Satrap. Hell, there was probably a reward for doing what you did, but I doubt he will pay it now that its done, the lousy bastard!"

Actions?

Once we get a little more RP in here, and folks have determined where they will go next, I can swing the action in the right direction. I will start at the Astrolegers Tower, if Belloc and Taibhse are ready. Once we get settled in for the night, the XP rewards will flow.

Kainaxarthos AC:6 3/8 1st:2/2
Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Ceana AC:5 5/8 1st:3/3
Taibhse AC:7 2/7 1st:1/2 MM
Cormag AC:4 5/11
Belloc AC:6 7/9 0/3 Crestos: (Owl) AC:7 4/4

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#257 Post by Belkregos »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:36 pm Taibhse

Cautiously takes part in the celebration. He will inquire of Belloc where this tower is, and if he can consult with him professionally in the future.
sastaz wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:34 pm Tuurma
Finally, she turns to address Belloc before he leaves.

"What are you planning to do with that staff? Don't worry, I'm calm, I'm not going to try to take it from you. But I need to know that you will tell me of its powers. It's very - VERY - important to me." She closes her eyes for a while and seems to be gathering strength. "Look. What do I have to do to make you trust me?" The berserker seems almost totally gone by now, it's almost eerie.

Belloc, who was beginning to speak to Taibhse, glanced at Tuurma with curiosity. 'Are you interested in the arcane?' he asked. "the art is a colossal creation born from a community, and each of us contributes to elevating the tower. I would be more than happy to share any insights; a different perspective is a rare gem that I have learned to appreciate.'"

Returning his focus to Taibhse, Belloc continued, 'I was planning on heading back to the astrologer's tower right after I caught my breath. If you are interested, I can arrange access for you, provided you don't mind being introduced as my new assistant. Truth be told, I could truly benefit from the assistance. The rituals and research involved are strenuous and demand unwavering concentration, even to the point of pushing oneself to physical exhaustion. This undertaking will require a few days of dedication. By observing and perhaps participating in the rituals, you will gain an intimate understanding of the art, allowing you to make an informed decision about your continued interest.'"

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:43 pm Actions?

Once we get a little more RP in here, and folks have determined where they will go next, I can swing the action in the right direction. I will start at the Astrolegers Tower, if Belloc and Taibhse are ready. Once we get settled in for the night, the XP rewards will flow.
OOC: ready to go boss
Last edited by Belkregos on Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#258 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag will ask Mooreen where one can find a mostly honest armorer in this town, and then suggest that he and Tuurma seek out armor and arms together in the bazaar. Which is where I assume Mooreen will direct us.

Subtracted the additional 33 GP

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"So it's settled, then. We meet back here tomorrow to determine what's next. Belloc and Taibhse go to the tower and do whatever the tower does, while the rest of us shop and bargain."

He notices Belloc's reluctance and speaks up. "Oh, that's right. Arcane spells take more time. How long do you need to study that spellbook? But surely you can take a break to eat with us here and discuss new ventures."

Kain isn't sure where to look for open housing, but he suspects the fishman may have ideas, so that's where he'll go first. "Ceana, care to have a chat with our old friend? What did he want again, ambrosia?"

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#260 Post by Belkregos »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:12 pm Kainaxarthos

He notices Belloc's reluctance and speaks up. "Oh, that's right. Arcane spells take more time. How long do you need to study that spellbook? But surely you can take a break to eat with us here and discuss new ventures."
Belloc
Yes, I am certainly interested in exploring new endeavors. My contacts here lean more towards the academic and theoretical side, so I am pleased that we can take a more practical and hands-on approach to our research. If all goes smoothly, I anticipate that conducting thorough due diligence will require at least four days. During this time, I will remain vigilant and share any promising leads that may arise.

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”