Rhapsody in Blood

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Rhapsody in Blood

#121 Post by learjet22 »

Nicely done with the disguise, but unfortunately, the acting roll was pretty bad...

You're no noble, but I can point you in the direction of the Thieve's Guild. As for the sisters, I don't recognize the name, but I've heard rumors of a sisterhood of assassins in the south. Scary people, they are. Vicious, yet stealthy. I know they seek power and northern influence, hence why they assassinated the would-be prince. I fear for you... Good luck, and try to get better at acting.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#122 Post by Rotten »

Scotty-

"When you say south, do you mean the south part of this city or to the south? Can you give me a description of where this sisterhood of assasins might be? Also, where might these sisters meet up or hang out in this city? A seedy part of town perhaps?

Scotty presses 2 silver pieces into the urchin's hand.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#123 Post by learjet22 »

Oh no, the sisterhood is in the southtern realm. And if said sisters are rendezvousing from Zeolonu? I would assume they're going to meet at the north side of Teritu, just based on their methods. They would probably try to avoid going in or around the town. Thank you for the money.

He stows it away somewhere.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#124 Post by Rotten »

Scotty shares the information with the rest of the group, suggesting that they check out the north side of Teritu.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#125 Post by learjet22 »

Anything else people would like to do before you head north.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by tkrexx »

The Elf will follow Scotty, keeping a wary eye for (Gasp!) Thieves.

Before we leave town D'arqo should purchase quill, ink & parchment for records keeping & mapping.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#127 Post by learjet22 »

Deduct that from your total gold, because I can't remember how much that costs.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by tkrexx »

Book doesn't specify. Deducted 5gp.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#129 Post by learjet22 »

Alright, that's fair. This goes for the whole party--what preparations will you make? Will you turn invisible? Will you cast spells? There's a cluster of trees and rocks, but nothing to fully conceal yourself. There's a couple small buildings you could potentially hide behind. You have no clue where they're going to exchange the 'package'.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#130 Post by Rotten »

Scotty will disguise himself as a wandering apostle of some made up diety, looking for converts.

He will knock on the doors of the small buildings, offering salvation to anyone that answers the doors.

If no one answers, he will check for traps and then break in using either open locks or brute force if necessary.

Disguise [1d100] = 48

Acting [1d100] = 6

Find Traps [1d100] = 62

Open Locks [1d100] = 15

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#131 Post by learjet22 »

Hi finds no traps, and although his disguise might not have been the best, his acting was superb! He more than made up for it. Anyone else? Scotty's charade manages to blend him in. That's not to say these girls won't kill him on the spot. Or they may overlook him. Who knows?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by tkrexx »

Trying to blend in, the Elf will keep to the shade of houses/buildings if possible, pausing occasionally to "tie his shoe" and other acts of feigned distraction while he keeps up and keeps watch.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#133 Post by learjet22 »

Okay, you're able to pull off an innocent charade. Would Ruarc like to do anything? Maybe you can climb one of the trees. Even better, someone with camouflage skills could blend you in with a successful roll. Someone with disguise skills could attempt to, but with a minus. The two arts are completely separate.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by NJWilliam »

ooc: I'm really not clear what the surroundings are like or where we are other than the Northern part of the town. So I don't see why he would hide or slink around or anything of that nature. Sorry if I'm missing something.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#135 Post by learjet22 »

At the north edge of the town, you are parked/acting natural in a small, flat area with a few small buildings surrounding, more in the direction of the town. There's a cluster of trees ten, fifteen feet away. Then there's the woods you came from off in the distance. Think outskirts of the town. It's sort of like most people come this way to get into the town, but there are other, more indirect routes. You figure it's your best lead to scout from here.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#136 Post by Rotten »

Ooc- When Scotty knocked on the door was anyone there? If not he wanted to break in with open locks, rolled as above.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#137 Post by learjet22 »

Sorry, I glanced over that part I suppose. Okay, when he checks the doors for locks, he finds two locked, and one unlocked. The unlocked one presents a ferocious lady who sneers at Scotty.

What is it that you require?

She says hatefully. As for the other two, the insides of them are pretty typical for homes. A few beds, a kitchen like area, and maybe a living area comprise each. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#138 Post by Rotten »

Scotty searches the two unoccupied homes, trying his best not to disturb anything so as to tip off anyone he was there.

He will looks for any valuables or chests because he cannot resist himself, but more importantly he will be looking for assassins tools of the trade. He is hopeful that he will find a lead to the whereabouts of the assassins.

As for the occupied home, Scotty addresses the woman:

Acting [1d100] = 86

"My lady I fear that this area of town has been infested with rot grubs. I've been commissioned by the local constable to search all of the local homes for rot grubs. It will only take a moment. It is believed that the rot grubs are being spread by an evil pair of sisters. Might you have seen any wandering about in the area?"
If allowed, Scotty will subtly search the residence for assassin's tools of the trade while pretending to search for rot grubs.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#139 Post by learjet22 »

The valuables in the first two homes aren't very large, but Scotty is able to find a nice total sum of 6 silver and 5 copper. As for assassin tools, he isn't able to find any of the sort in any house. The lady also hasn't heard anything about sister assassins. You're having quite the time searching through houses in your sleep, though!

D'arqo seems to be blending in as well, doing his own thing. Reilik seems to be off to the side, praying. Ruarc, what are you going to do? Also, anyone who has a chance to hear noises of some sort may roll percents. D'arqo, I believe you get a roll as an Elf. This one is tough, so you get a 25% chance, and anyone else must suffer a 20% minus on their roll. Proceed.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by tkrexx »

[1d100] = 89

Nope, no noise here, no birds, no crickets, nothing.

Return to “The Secrets of Anollia - AD&D 1E/2D Homebrew”