IC - UtVoV - Killing Kiddaw

tibbius
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC - UtVoV

#101 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret waves a little hand. "I am Foulqueret, and this is my partner, Chones. We are pleased to meet you, Kiddaw. We have heard that you are a capable player of this sport, and companionable company to boot."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by tibbius »

"Aww," says Kiddaw, "you're too kind!" and he blushes a bit. "I'ma get a beer," he adds.

Beer gripped casually, Kiddaw returns to the table. "So, guys, what's up?" he asks cheerfully.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones smiles. A little bug tells me you're in a bind, and could use some help.... maybe we can be that help.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by tibbius »

Suddenly, Kiddaw looks wary.

"Who told you what?" he asks bluntly.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "If it eases your sense of suspicion, let me assure you that this is not beneficent largess on the part of ourselves or our employers. Rather, it is a matter of interests running in parallel. We have some business with such parties as from whom you may desire some breathing room. We can aid you, and in return, you can aid us. We simply need some basic information so that we do not enter our negotiations blind."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:20 pm Foulqueret: "If it eases your sense of suspicion, let me assure you that this is not beneficent largess on the part of ourselves or our employers. Rather, it is a matter of interests running in parallel. We have some business with such parties as from whom you may desire some breathing room. We can aid you, and in return, you can aid us. We simply need some basic information so that we do not enter our negotiations blind."
Kiddaw swallows a mouthful of beer and frowns at both of you. "Your utter failure to answer my simple questions does not allay my suspicions," he replies. "Who and what, I ask again."

You notice that his two bowling companions are watching you from over by the desk. They appear to be talking with the countergirl. They are not small men.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "I was merely providing context. The truth is, we have heard this from a number of sources, notably several patrons of the Nobel Camel Inn. Your discontent is becoming common knowledge, and will inevitably reach those ears you would least desire to receive it. It would behoove you to act sooner than later."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Urson »

Chones
Relax, friend. We're on your side. Chones does his best to appear trustworthy. [1d20]=2+6
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by tibbius »

"Nup," says Kiddaw succinctly. He stands swiftly, pulling a small pistol from the back of his sequined pants (how could he have concealed it in such tight glitterwear? - a moot question, as it's now quite evidently brandished). "Guys!" he calls out. "Close it up. Help me out." You glimpse one of the two big fellas head toward the front, the counter girl ducks below the counter, and the other big fella moves quickly toward you as he pulls out his own piece.

You're still seated, with F on Chones' shoulder.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones doesn't move, but his cyborg hawk leaps to grab Kiddaw's gun hand, wrapping steel-tipped claws around the man's wrist.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by tibbius »

Kiddaw squeezes the trigger as the hawk leaps

Urson describe Chones' injury

The big guy approaching the table pulls out a gun, as well.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret rests one hand on Chones and activates his healing mutation (How do want this to work?), while pulling out a spherical blob of mercury with the other. The mercury writhes and twists until it resolves itself into a revolver nearly as big as Foulqueret.

The little synths crystalline body resonates with a sound that fills the space as their demeanor suddenly changes. "Alright, none of you meatsacks fucking move, or I'll display your disgusting offal guts from the rafters!"

Intimidate: [1d20+2]=18+2=20

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones flops back, grabbing his left shoulder. Blood drips from the wound as he curses through clenched teeth. He fumbles for the grip of his mace.

**Tibbius: Was URV the hawk successful when he grabbed Kiddaw's hand?
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by tibbius »

Kiddaw shrieks and drops the pistol as URV's claws pierce his hand.

Foulqueret tumbles from Chones' shoulder as the cacogen collapses against the wall of the booth. The little synth lands on the table and produces his massive mercurial pistol.

Something in the grating artificial notes of F's voice strikes nerves in both Kiddaw and his companion. The two men stare in wide-eyed fright at Foulqueret, even as Kiddaw smacks futilely against URV, which batters his face with its wings. The big man holds his pistol tentatively, not bringing it to bear on either of you.

"Boss?" he says, apparently to Kiddaw, but the true-kin is very distracted by feathers and pain. The big fella looks at F and Chones. "Can you ... get the bird off him, please?" he asks.

F is trying to multitask too much in conjunction with Chones' actions. I'm going to give him the most successful actions and defer how the healing mutation works, but I don't think it's instantaneous.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones grins a hard grin. Sure can!...IF we can agree to discuss things like grownups- not gettin' stupid with weapons an' bullyboys and such.
He nods toward F. I ain't seen him this bad in a long while. You prob'ly want to get back on his good side.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by tibbius »

The big guy nods, his eyes still just-woke-up-wide at Foulqueret. He stoops and puts his pistol on the floor, then steps over to a table nearby and sits down with his hands carefully placed on the table. "I'll just be over here," he says. His voice is shaky and he still hasn't looked away from F. "You wanta talk with the boss, I don't know nothing. Don't hear nothing neither." He verrry slowly dips two fingers into a shirt pocket and pulls out a pair of earbuds, which he pops into his ears. Then he puts his hands back on the table and looks away from you.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret leans the mercury revolver against one of their shoulders and relaxes their body language. However, they keep radiating a subsonic thrum, just at the threshold of humanoid perception, like a steady heartbeat. This is intended to keep the organics on edge and to maintain focus on themself.

"Apologies for resorting to compositionalist generalities. But now that we have clarified our standing with regard to one another, perhaps we can speak directly to the matter at hand. Are you comfortable doing so here, or would prefer a venue offering greater privacy?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Urson »

Chones
URV releases Kiddaw and makes its way back to Chones' horn. Chones pulls a rag from his pocket and tosses it to Kiddaw. He'll let F. handle things for now.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by tibbius »

"This a safe place for us," Kiddaw responds warily as he dabs blood from his hand. "Usually."

He frowns. "So why did I have to shoot you before you would level with me? And why aren't you shooting me now?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "We were attempting discretion entirely for your benefit. Since you have chosen to forgo that path, let us speak plainly and directly: Our job is to serve three Friends of Jak with Crimson Warrants. We do not know the terms of breach, and we have only the vaguest identifying information. We want you to help us figure out whom to serve, and in exchange, we can help you extricate yourself from your own entanglements with the Friends."

Return to “Under the Vaults of Vaarn (UtVoV)”