Into the Hool

hedgeknight
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Into the Hool

#621 Post by Spearmint »

Gordansk

"Any of you mages know the Mending spell? We could break the scroll seal, read whatever it says, maybe via arcane writing get to script another few words or directions. Cast mending in the wax. Job's a good one."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#622 Post by Rex »

Fahima

Would Fahima know a trick for re-sealing the wax? She is a map maker and a thief. Has Reading/Writing and Cartography but not Forgery so maybe not.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#623 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan "Rudy death mission, fools errand, we got ourselves inta by tha sounds o' it. Hell, I'm startin ta think I oughta join forces wit Viscount Jorgos." the dwarf admits. "I say ta hell wit that durned lord Tydan an his missin kid."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#624 Post by hedgeknight »

Spearmint wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:49 pm Gordansk
"Any of you mages know the Mending spell? We could break the scroll seal, read whatever it says, maybe via arcane writing get to script another few words or directions. Cast mending in the wax. Job's a good one."
Zan already opened and examined the scroll.
gurusql wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:04 am Zan
Zan will open the scroll and examine the contents
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#625 Post by Spearmint »

Gordansk

So a scroll, an egg and a vial. Do we have the Vial? What is it? Maybe we can take it to crazy hag-woman in her swamp tower to do some alchemy tests on.

And the egg. Can that be identified? Dragon egg, demon hatchling, Easter egg?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#626 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Since the other adventurers grabbed the scroll from him (since they have all read before he could say anything about it), Zan will grab it back and place it back in the box. He will then say, "I strongly suggest we leave now, anyone that teams up with a vampire lizard-man or otherwise is not someone I want to be part of. Cassius and Gordansk not here."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#627 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius
gurusql wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:33 am Zan
Cassius and Gordansk not here."[/dialog]
"Wait. Zan, do you mean the egg isn't here?"

Cassius nods at all the chaos. "Right. All of it. Well, maybe not the vampire part. Cozar? Did he suck the blood, or just bite him? No sense in inflating Sakatha's reputation."

He holds up a hand. "But! And this is a big one. We were paid already. And unless any of you wish to try to repay an angry Sea Lord, or even better go on the run, we need to think this through."

"If the vial is here, we could alter it somehow. As Gordansk says, that swamp witch may be able to do something to it. Then, once the stage is set, the messenger pours the vial, and...nothing happens."

GreyWolfVT

#628 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Since the other adventurers grabbed the scroll from him (since they have all read before he could say anything about it), Zan will grab it back and place it back in the box. He will then say, "I strongly suggest we leave now, anyone that teams up with a vampire lizard-man or otherwise is not someone I want to be part of. Cassius and Gordansk not here."
Roan "Ere! Ere! Somethin' we can all agree on."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#629 Post by gurusql »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:06 pm Cassius
Cassius and Gordansk not here."[/dialog]
"Wait. Zan, do you mean the egg isn't here?"

Cassius nods at all the chaos. "Right. All of it. Well, maybe not the vampire part. Cozar? Did he suck the blood, or just bite him? No sense in inflating Sakatha's reputation."

He holds up a hand. "But! And this is a big one. We were paid already. And unless any of you wish to try to repay an angry Sea Lord, or even better go on the run, we need to think this through."

"If the vial is here, we could alter it somehow. As Gordansk says, that swamp witch may be able to do something to it. Then, once the stage is set, the messenger pours the vial, and...nothing happens."
Zan

"Yes I have both, but I think we are being watched. We should move - now."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#630 Post by Rex »

Fahima

"We could also switch the vial with another that looks the same but contains water or something."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#631 Post by hedgeknight »

Greyhawk, 586 CY, Readying 20
Southern Hool Swamp, Early Evening, Cool and Foggy
An Egg, A Note, and a Vial

Egg.jpg
Egg.jpg (13.15 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

"So...we have an egg, a note and a vial...and we are not sure what two of them are. We are in league with a man who is in league with a lizard king vampire thingy, whom we agreed to help, including rescuing his daughter." Vilana says, glancing down at the lizard men. "And three lizard men we either need to kill or release. Damn, we're in a tight spot."
"Up shit creek without a paddle," Cozar chimes in, still leaning against a tree. "And no blood sucking. He just bit the captain in the throat and ripped it out." The warrior shudders at the memory.

Actions?
From what Cozar said earlier, Sakatha is expecting a group of people...possibly your group.
Hell, maybe he's already dead...again...from Aulicus. Maybe not. Maybe Aulicus is near death. Maybe not.
So...whatcha gonna do? :)

PC Stats:
Cassius - AC -1/3, HP 37/39
Fahima - AC 4/8, HP 18/21
Gordansk - AC 5, HP 10/15
Roan - AC 5/6, HP 27/36
Sai - AC -2/4, HP 27/30
Zan - AC 9, HP 11/11
Vilana - AC 7/9, HP 11/11, THACO 20
Cozar - 12/23
Winter is coming...

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#632 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Zan look like he has seen a ghost and repeats "We should move now I have to assume the lizard-man vampire has swamp creatures watching us."

GreyWolfVT

#633 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan nods his head "Aye. But where should we go? Maybe back ta tha witches hut?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#634 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

"We're already here at the temple after a long slog. Let's go check it out inside. Maybe we can find a place to camp for a bit and regroup. But I agree with Zan, standing out here in the open isn't the best plan."

He turns to Cozar. "It's just up that path, right? Let's go."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#635 Post by Rex »

Fahima

"I agree with Cassius, lets check it out first."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#636 Post by Spearmint »

Gordansk

Ok with checking stuff out now we are here.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#637 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Well lets all calm down. We were paid to deliver a package to someone. So I say we deliver. Once there pour the vial on the egg and get out. I will do it if no one else will. Maybe what ever is in this egg can kill this Undead lizard. If not we have done our job. To hell with the kid and we bail out for other shores. We were lied to and sent to our deaths. But I still dont like going in there with out spells. It sounds like this is a Vampire, one of the most powerful undead there is. To survive we need to be at full health. Going in there injured is a death sentence.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#638 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan "Paid er not, didn't his durned scroll say us deliverin would loose our lives?"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#639 Post by Spearmint »

Gordansk

Ok. Let us try something different as we debate. I should also remind folk that Mother MayEye gave is potions that will protect us from Sakatha fir a few rounds.

I will go to one of the deceased lizardmen of Sakatha's group and cast Speak with the Dead over him. The spirit summoned won't lie while the captive ones might.

I want to ask about what sort of Undead or demon Sakatha actually is and how long he has been in that condition.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#640 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Zan has said his piece and awaits a decision.

Return to “Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2e)”