Knaves, OOC

Pulpatoon
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Knaves, OOC

#1 Post by Pulpatoon »

This thread is for out of character conversation.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Knaves, OOC

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I didn't work up a character, sorry about that. Just got out of routine after work yesterday. I'll throw some sort of knave up today perhaps. :)

Actually, noticed you have listed a character generator in resources are you opposed to someone using that?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Pulpatoon »

No, that's fine! Feel free to fine tune the fluff on a generated character, if you want.

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

the only fluff or tweak I might make is to the name it is a rather unusual name imo.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

Hey Ed, I used the generator too! I like the randomness of it.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah, the generator is random but I wonder if it was trying to tell me something or convince me to play something I didn't want to lol the first few tries kept giving me beggar, burglar and stuff similar to that.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by Squid »

I've been curious about the character gen process for Knave since I got the rules a while ago, so I went through it. I took what it gave me, which wasn't too bad. Honestly, after this experience, I'd just use a random char gen tool next time and bang on refresh until I found something that I liked.

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sorry for my absence yesterday. I was at the eye doctors in the morning, then mowing the lawn after my eyes went back to normal, then finished by grocery shopping in the early evening. So I was barely on any technology most of the day.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

they want coin but I don't see that the generator even gave any of us any remaining coin. :shock:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

No coin but I have a warhammer, unfortunately I can't hit with it, LOL.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Squid »

Rex, were you thinking about trying a stunt or attacking this razor clawed critter? Stratford already landed a good hit, so maybe Wytt should get the spotlight to start this next round and Stratford will follow his lead?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

I can try a stun. With my luck it probably won't work but can't hurt to try.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by Squid »

Rex wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:40 pm I can try a stun. With my luck it probably won't work but can't hurt to try.
Sure, it is up to you. I'll just have Stratford attack again after you describe what Wytt is doing.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by Squid »

I knew that Knave was deadly, but damn! One more round and we'll know who the victors are. :)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Pulpatoon »

The dice have been absolutely brutal to you guys. The bandits have gotten some bad rolls, too, but you guys are getting the worst of it. I thought this was going to be a challenging battle, but it is approaching bloodbath.

This might be a good time to remind everyone that just because you've entered battle, you don't have to fight to the death. This may be an opportunity to engage in some lateral thinking. If you want to put the action on hold until Monday to give yourselves some time to brainstorm, I'd be fine with that.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Blood bath now, LOL. My rolling sucks.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I've got nothing invested in this character it's a simulation so bloodbath or not it matters not to me. The rolls really suck lol that I'll fully admit.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

From my perspective on it as a system test it doesn't really matter. In my HM simulation if someone dies in the Combat, group simulation there is no reason they can't be just back alive and at full health in the Combat, big bad guy simulation. It isn't a campaign it is a run through of the rules to see how it goes and what we like/dislike.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#19 Post by Squid »

Yeah, what Rex said. I think this has been a pretty good feel for combat. So far, from a player perspective, I think I like the player facing rolls for defense vs. the NPCs rolling. I'm partial to that style of play anyway.

The stunts thing is interesting and I may explore that more on my own. I like how it makes combat more interesting than hack-n-slash.

I'm going to have Stratford try stabilizing Northland to see how that works in this game.

So far I'm enjoying Knave!

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I do like that there is the defensive vs the attack roll can't say I like that everyone gets it but how fair would that really make a game if only PC's get that benefit? Not very imo. Besides we can't control the outcome of the die rolls anyway. Luck she is a fickle mistress!

Return to “Knave”