Scenario Simulator (All the Rules!)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Scenario Simulator (All the Rules!)

#101 Post by Rex »

That is one I don't think I have seen. Very Cool!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by ffilz »

Storm ringer is definitely a good choice. I would play. I have 4th and 5th editions.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by dmw71 »

Norjax wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:21 am Stormbringer

I've had this for 20 years and never played it.
Is this a request to create a forum for it?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

My initial top-five list

#104 Post by dmw71 »

It wasn't easy, but I did create a top-five list of games I'm interested in trying first, in order:
  1. HarnMaster
  2. Five Torches Deep
  3. Index Card RPG
  4. Knave
  5. Black Hack
I have a significant list of alternate titles I'm also interested in (and will likely switch some titles around depending on the level of interest the above games attract... or not), but I need to try to exercise some restraint or risk finding myself completely overwhelmed!
-- Project --
-- DM --

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by shaidar »

I've got a number of different games in interestes in too, but also need to exercise restraint :)

I assume that rather than running all the games in parallel, there will multiple phases with a small sub-set of the ganes in each.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by dmw71 »

shaidar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:02 amI assume that rather than running all the games in parallel, there will multiple phases with a small sub-set of the ganes in each.
Maybe? Hopefully?

I expect some games to fill up more quickly than others. Then, once some formal decisions have been made about how/what to actually run, it will take the GMs some time to devise those scenarios.

So, I do expect some staggering starts. Potentially significantly... but play-by-post is a slow format, so eventually I expect a lot of games to run concurrently at some point.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Rex »

I agree, I think a few at a time/staggered seems more likely to be successful. I will be running HarnMaster for sure and have a few I would like to play in as well but timing will mater on just how many I can play in. Some of the rules light games I could see moving through, start to finish much quicker as well.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#108 Post by dmw71 »

And if we do manage to keep the scenarios short, it's possible these tests could resolve relatively quickly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by shaidar »

All good points.

It might, at least, be worth thinking about starting a smaller number (3 or 4?) first to test the idea and then feedback improvements to the later games.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Pulpatoon »

shaidar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:30 am It might, at least, be worth thinking about starting a smaller number (3 or 4?) first to test the idea and then feedback improvements to the later games.
Good idea.

I could have either Knave or Maze Rats running in the time it takes to draft a post. Anybody else up for a shake-down cruise? Rex it looks like you're ready to roll with Harn, right?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by tibbius »

I've been populating the subfora with Interest? threads... I'll add one to Maze Rats.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Pulpatoon »

Rusty Tincanne wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:31 pm If Pulpatoon wanted to focus on Knave or Into the Odd, I could run Maze Rats.
Rusty, We've got a forum for both Knave and Maze Rats. Shall you take one, and I take the other? Do you have a preference? I'm equally happy with either.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Rex »

I could start character generation for Harn anytime as I have the example up already. I probably need some screen shots of key tables for those without the rules but nothing show stopping at this point. We do need to decide if we will be going with just starting characters or Veterans (give them a few extra years of build time).

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Norjax »

dmw71 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:33 am
Norjax wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:21 am Stormbringer

I've had this for 20 years and never played it.
Is this a request to create a forum for it?
Yes, please. Appears to be some interest.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by dmw71 »

Norjax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 pm Yes, please. Appears to be some interest.
Done.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Norjax »

dmw71 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:06 pm
Norjax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 pm Yes, please. Appears to be some interest.
Done.
Thank you. Please give me access so I may join the discussions. :)

Ossian
Squire
Squire

#117 Post by Ossian »

The Scenario Simulator is a fantastic idea. I'm new to Unseen Servant, but once I am more familiar with how things work, I'd be happy to run Mythras in the Scenario Simulator.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Pulpatoon »

I see that Rex has started an LFP thread for Harn, and I'm ready to do the same for Knave. But is there anything we need to work out about how players join the Simulator? Do they need to come here and request access to the Simulator, and then they have access to everything in it? Is that a lot of work for Dave?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rex »

It would be nice if Dave could set it up to just grant access to everyone. Sort of like the looking for players threads. It would save him some work for sure.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#120 Post by dmw71 »

Pulpatoon wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:56 amBut is there anything we need to work out about how players join the Simulator? Do they need to come here and request access to the Simulator, and then they have access to everything in it? Is that a lot of work for Dave?
Rex wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:35 amIt would be nice if Dave could set it up to just grant access to everyone. Sort of like the looking for players threads. It would save him some work for sure.
Yes, this manual process would have quickly become unwieldy.

I did figure out how to open the game up so any new player is now able to join on their own without any intervention from anyone else.

I created a 'How to Join' tutorial which is posted as an 'announcement' type post in the main game forum.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Looking for players or games”