Scenario Simulator (All the Rules!)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Scenario Simulator (All the Rules!)

#121 Post by Pulpatoon »

Perfect!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by ffilz »

One question I have is if we should actually put the LFP post gif each game in its sub-forum so we don’t crowd out the other LFG posts…
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Rex »

I added mine as I know the general LFG section is watched by most on the forum.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by shaidar »

You could put the LFP post in the sub-forum and then post a link to it in this topic.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by ffilz »

Rex wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:55 pm I added mine as I know the general LFG section is watched by most on the forum.
Yea. I’m just worried about the other LFG being buried. We could have a new single thread for the simulator where GMs would make a single post pointing to the specific simulator.

I will be prepared to start in a few days.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Mashmellow
Squire
Squire

#126 Post by Mashmellow »

I’m interested in being a player. The two games that I have my eye on Black Hack and Blades in the Dark.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#127 Post by Squid »

This is a brilliant idea!

Will this be a recurring thing? So, if I missed Tunnel Goons, I would be able to hop into the next scenario?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#128 Post by dmw71 »

Squid wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:31 am Will this be a recurring thing? So, if I missed Tunnel Goons, I would be able to hop into the next scenario?
Maybe? Hopefully!

It was never my intention to set everything up, run a few games that caught an initial interest, then archive everything. I suspect this will be a bit of a permanent feature of the site, where the sub-forums for each game will exist and people can come and go as they please.

But, we'll see.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#129 Post by Squid »

This is an awesome way to test systems out and for people like me who are thinking about running something but are a little hesitant to dive into something more involved. I've got a few games that I wouldn't mind running through the scenarios to see how they play. Depending on how that goes, I'd probably do an interest check on a longer running game.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Rex »

That is my hope for HarnMaster. If it goes well and I can get some interest for a longer game I will run a campaign.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Similarly, I am excited to see how involved it is to actually run a game by participating in this limited capacity. I might be so bold as to run a full campaign if this goes well!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by ffilz »

ffilz wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:00 pm
Rex wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:55 pm I added mine as I know the general LFG section is watched by most on the forum.
Yea. I’m just worried about the other LFG being buried. We could have a new single thread for the simulator where GMs would make a single post pointing to the specific simulator.

I will be prepared to start in a few days.
Did we ever decide a preference on where to announce recruiting for scenarios? I'm happy to start the Cold Iron and RQ ones.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by tibbius »

Maybe sticky it to the top of LFG and lock it, just have a single post that points to the Scenario Simulator forum and explains to express interest in one of the interest threads there?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Norjax »

tibbius wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:34 pm Maybe sticky it to the top of LFG and lock it, just have a single post that points to the Scenario Simulator forum and explains to express interest in one of the interest threads there?
Agreed. "Always LFP" or something similar should be added to the title.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

How will we find the scenario when it is ready?

Also, how much "flavor" are all of you planning to add to this? I could see it as just a bunch of rolls to see the mechanics, but I could also see adding in a bunch of fluff to make it more engaging.

Just wondering.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rex »

Mine will have some flavor, probably not as much as a campaign but at least some.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Pulpatoon »

I expect to add a fair amount of flavor, because that's what gets me out bed in the morning!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Norjax »

My intent is to run the scenarios lean, akin to how one would approach a one-shot, 4-hour Game Convention session.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by tibbius »

I have a whimsical scenario that I've run a few times, it offers all the options from that flowchart that I posted.

Edit to add: Maybe we simply should post the most recent list of challenges from the Scenario Q&A topic, into the Scenario topic, and add that each referee will flavor that list to suit.
Last edited by tibbius on Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rex »

That works for me.

Return to “Looking for players or games”