(005A) The Graveyard at Saint Olaf's Chapel

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (005A) The Graveyard at Saint Olaf's Chapel

#41 Post by joertexas »

Eodrien puts up her crossbow and unpacks her waraxe. She looks at Des. "Me first, or you?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:49 pm Eodrien puts up her crossbow and unpacks her waraxe. She looks at Des. "Me first, or you?"
"Me." Des hefted his axe and started slowly in.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:18 pm
"Me." Des hefted his axe and started slowly in.
Eodrien follows him, leaving the big warrior with enough room to step back if needed.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by ateno »

"Kazana and I are going to sniff around for a bit, could someone come with us."

Just circle around where we put down and around the crypt and surrounding area, maybe 15 minutes.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:18 am "Kazana and I are going to sniff around for a bit, could someone come with us."

Just circle around where we put down and around the crypt and surrounding area, maybe 15 minutes.
Des will provide cover for them.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Darithe »

Magdal will follow Eodrien, an arrow notched and ready.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Eris »

Eodrien eyes the wall and the cliff behind it. "Well, they can't escape from us. Shall we?"

She steps forward, looking for a gate though the wall. Eodrien puts up her crossbow and unpacks her waraxe. She looks at Des. "Me first, or you?"

"Me." Des hefted his axe and started slowly in. The bar lifts from the iron gate and it opens with a faint squeal like it hasn't been used in a very long time.

Once everyone has passed through the inner gate and is inside standing in front of the mausoleums, Darrian says.

"Kazan and I are going to sniff around for a bit, could someone come with us."

OOC: Just circle around where we put down and around the crypt and surrounding area, maybe 15 minutes.

Des nods, axe on his shoulder, falls in behind Darrian and Kazan, providing cover for them.

Magdal steps in behind Eodrien and take position, just to her right, arrow nocked and ready.

Frank whispers to Callista and Valerin, "I'm switching to bow and guarding our rear. Could you two move out to the flanks a little bit so we're not so bunched up right here?"

The sun is setting and long shadows are moving across everything making it hard to see into the spaces between the trees and buildings. Kazan, nose to ground and tail up trots along the beaten down grass to the left side of the central mausoleum with Darrian and Des following. Nearing the mausoleum on the left the hair on the back of the dog's neck starts to come erect as he stops and lets out a soft growl.

Neither Darrian nor Des see anything at first, then both note that the stone door to this mausoleum is broken, lying on the ground next to it. This wasn't visible from the Chapel tower or as you walked into the graveyard. Now, though, there is a yawning maw, a dark rectangle where a door should be.

Back in the center of the inner graveyard, Eodrien, Magdal, Dallista and Valerin examine the front of the large central mausoleum. Chiseled in stone above the stone double doors is the name "Strickland" and beneath it are engraved the words, "Strong in Life! Strong in Death!" with reliefs of warriors with sword and shield carved into the stone on either side of the words. One of the doors to this mausoleum is ajar and paths of beaten down grass lead from it toward the two mausoleums flanking it on the left and right.

Along the western, left, path you see Kazan, Darrian and Des moving cautiously toward the mausoleum there.

It is nearly dark now. You are deep into the glomen and the moon has yet to rise so you are going to need lamps or torches to see anything at all, very soon.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Reads the inscription above the mausoleum and looks to the door that is ajar, arching a reddish brow but not commenting save to say, "I'm switching from bow to longsword and hooded lantern, unless there are any objections. Not that I'm scared of ghosts or anything but I prefer to be able to see whatever tries to kill me."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Eris »

Darithe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 pm Magdal

Reads the inscription above the mausoleum and looks to the door that is ajar, arching a reddish brow but not commenting save to say, "I'm switching from bow to longsword and hooded lantern, unless there are any objections. Not that I'm scared of ghosts or anything but I prefer to be able to see whatever tries to kill me."
"Fine by me." says Frank from the back, "I've got my bow and I'm watching our rear. It's getting right dark, though, and can't see in the dark, so any light would help."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by bobk2323 »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:44 pm
ateno wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:18 am "Kazana and I are going to sniff around for a bit, could someone come with us."

"I'll come." Laconic as usual, Callista accompanies them, ready to provide either support from her storm goddess or the business end of one of her javelins as needed.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Eris »

Kazan puts his nose to the ground and sniffs outside the open door to the mausoleum to the left of the inner graveyard. The dog growls again as the hairs stand up on the back of his neck. Darrian, Des and Callista see the dog's actions. It is just about the last of the light now, and everything is fading to black. You're going to need light to see *anything* in just moments.

What do you do now?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:49 pm Kazan puts his nose to the ground and sniffs outside the open door to the mausoleum to the left of the inner graveyard. The dog growls again as the hairs stand up on the back of his neck. Darrian, Des and Callista see the dog's actions. It is just about the last of the light now, and everything is fading to black. You're going to need light to see *anything* in just moments.

What do you do now?
"I don't have a lamp or a torch," Eodrien says.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:50 pm "I don't have a lamp or a torch," Eodrien says.
"Hold on."

"Stay"

Darian puts the leash in his belt with a loop and casts Dancing Lights. He sends the four lights
about 15' up in a square formation moving towards the vector of alert and grab the leash.

'Good Boy'

Darian

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Noting the lights spell, Magdal reattaches her lantern, glad she didn't waste the oil lighting it. Sheathing the sword temporarily she reach for her shield and then unsheathes the sword once again.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by terrymixon »

Darithe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:41 pm Magdal

Noting the lights spell, Magdal reattaches her lantern, glad she didn't waste the oil lighting it. Sheathing the sword temporarily she reach for her shield and then unsheathes the sword once again.
Des is prepared to use his axe. "Maybe we should throw a rock in there?"

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by terrymixon »

terrymixon wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:20 pm
Darithe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:41 pm Magdal

Des is prepared to use his axe. "Maybe we should throw a rock in there?"
“And I have five torches in my pack. If someone wants one, help yourself,” Des said as he maintained his two-handed grip on his two-handed axe.
Last edited by terrymixon on Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:35 am“And I have five torches in my pack. If someone wants one, help yourself,” Des said as he maintained his two-handed grip on his two-handed sword.
"Stop for a moment, please. Eodrien steps up behind him, sets the head of her axe down on the ground and leans the handle against her leg. She opens his pack and extracts two torches. "I owe you a few coppers," she says as she looks behind her. "Who has a free hand to carry torches?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by ateno »

"Good idea, this will last a minute or so.

Darrian puts one of the lamp over whre they are opening the pack, one back the way I came, one over himself and one inside the open door.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Eris »

While everyone is fumbling around trying to get some light, the light completely fades and you find yourselves in an oppressively dark graveyard with a dog continuing to make a low growling sound.

Four dancing lights appear casting a dim glow around the mausoleum on the left, but not providing any light for the group left behind in front of the central mausoleum.

Frank hisses, "Hand me a torch, I'll light it and hold it up. I won't be able to support with my bow, but I can support with light and my sword if it comes to it."

"There!" he says as he gets the torch alight and holds it aloft, "It'll burn for about an hour."

In the flickering torch light the doorway in the big mausoleum in the center is cracked open and looks like a streak of black jet with dimly shining bronze doors on either side. The gravestones are casting long dark shadows around you.

Over on the left, the group can see the area around that mausoleum, but inside the open doorway is still dark.

As of yet, there is no movement and no sounds coming from anyone...or anything...in this area except your party. As of yet!

What do you do now?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by ateno »

"lets walk over with the rest of the group. Come on Kazan, follow.

Once he gets there, Darrain will put all 4 lamps into the room.

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”