#581 Post by Ahlmzhad »

I'm good with that.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

#582 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy splits her time between helping folks in town and meditating, trying to build up her mental strangth for the next adventure.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess
Karaunios wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:44 am "Greetings, Princess!" he waves his hand as he enters the cave. "I see the town is doing really good... Ahem. That's good! A question though, where is the horn I gave you? I just wanted to know if it's still here and in a safe place before I leave again for another exploration mission."
She nods to Grimm and brightens when he mentions the horn. "Ah. Yes. I still have it. I didn't use it, by the way. Would you like it back?" Sorry. I was trying to look back and determine what happened to the horn.

The Princess smiles at Wes's words, the smile not quite reaching her eyes. "Thanks, she certainly did things her own way, didn't she?" She sets about continuing to prepare the cave for her lab and smithy.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#584 Post by Karaunios »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:39 pm She nods to Grimm and brightens when he mentions the horn. "Ah. Yes. I still have it. I didn't use it, by the way. Would you like it back?" Sorry. I was trying to look back and determine what happened to the horn.
Grimm

"Oh, that's great, that's great!" The dwarf rubs his hands nervously. "I don't want it just yet. Thanks a lot but, could you keep it for a while longer? Keg and me are planning on exploring a bit and it's safer here. I would just need a short while with the horn and then I'll give it back to you if you don't mind guarding it for a while more..."

If that's ok, Grimm will take the horn to a place where he can be alone, and speak the command word in order to get enough food for him and Keg for a week.

Once he's done it, he will bring give the horn back to The Princess, say goodbye and bring Keg his share of the provisions.

He's then ready for leaving town first thing in the morning.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#585 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Setting Things In Motion
Starday, 6th of Harvester
Daytime, Humid, Hot, Buggy

Greedy Grimm continues to live up to his name after retrieving his dwarven artifact from the Princess, only to use it for his own good, despite his claims to aid the common folk. He fills his ration bag and gives the decretive horn back to the elven princess in private.

He finds Keg again and the two of them head back over to the black cliff walls where they begin forming their plans for the next few days of travel. When they get there, they spot another human free climbing on the rocky surface of the cliffs. When they call out to the man, he stumbles and falls down, landing awkwardly in the sand at their feet. Though neither of them has ever seen this man before, (I think) he appears to be no stranger to the common folk of New Hope. (Kruk? this is your cue) :D

Chauncey spends the next day in his casual jorts with his pointed nose stuck deep into Feanol's spellbook, eventually mastering the desired incantation well enough to transcribe it as his own.

Certain that he's put enough time and effort into trying his new magic out for the first time, Wes begins to cast this highly advanced version of his newly learned reincarnation spell. The druid gets a salty sensation in his throat as he casts, but he continues the lengthy chanting all the same. He has visions of sand and spray, calling on all of the powers of nature to bring their friend back to them. After praying till he's hoarse, the druid is alarmed to see a familiar mist start to develop around him as he stands at the sea shore. The swirling mists envelop him completely before eventually abating again. The druid doesn't feel any different after his salty spritzer, but he does notice that the dragon's stone which was floating around his head is now missing.

Once the mist is gone again, Wes looks around for anything that might indicate what kind of creature was sent as a vessel for his comrade. When he doesn't see anything, he wonders if the whole thing was a failure. Then a woman's loud scream is suddenly heard from the area near the river.

Actions?

I am going to skip through these next 6 days fairly quickly, so speak up if there are any changes or specific actions you would like to take.

Leaving in 2ish days time:
Wake (hoping to find the next obelisk north of Nipple Gorge)
Feanol
Yrias
Maag
Daisy
Liam

Leaving after 6 more days
Chauncey (going back to the fire obelisk)
Elnaerel
Wes
Amun
Darklin

Departing Soon?
Keg (looking at climbing back up the cliffs to search for obelisks etc. to the northeast)
Grimm

Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 3/3 1st / 2/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
Maag AC:4 20/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 1st 5/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
Luther AC:3 ?/30 Dead?

In front of Daisy is a golden ring
In front of Darklin is a long bow and a dozen arrows.

In front of The Knife is a Gnomish made short sword and a dull purple stone.
In front of Chauncey is a pair of decretive metal bracers.
In front of Keg sits a very nice looking longsword that feels cold to the touch.

In front of Feanol rests a shiny silver ring.
In front of Elnaerel is a strip of brown cloth that looks like a headband and a sling with a dozen stones.
In front of Liam sits a plain leather bag.
In front of Grimm rests a crossbow.
In front of Yrias sits a pair of fine leather boots and a massive 2-handed sword.
In front of Wake is a very nice looking mace.

In front of Maag sits bastard sword.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#586 Post by kruk »

Cresty

Thank you OM

The shirtless muscular man gets up off the ground from his fall, wincing a bit but saying nothing else. Pain is nothing new to him since he's came to this island. At closer observation one can see scars around his entire neck, multiple locations around his arms and midsection. This one has been through a lot. Once he brushes off the sand from his pants and peers up to the top of the clicff, pondering his next move on how to scale it, he hears footsteps behind him. He turns around to see he is not alone. As the two come closer he instinctively moves his hand towards the location of his sword which is not there. He then lowers his hands but clenches his fingers of both hands into a fist. His eyes show no fear. Keeping his gaze on the newcomers he speaks in a loud voice. Friend or foe! One can never tell on this island.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by sastaz »

Amun is good and eager to get going. Of course, if the woman's screams are heard by all, she will see what's going on, like everybody else.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#588 Post by Bluehorse »

kruk wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:55 pm Cresty Friend or foe! One can never tell on this island.
Keg watched as the man bounced off his arse and then tried to look impressive and sighed shaking his head. Well, come along. You'll do better following our lead and seeing where the good handholds are. Next time you fall might be on your head...

With that he pushes past the man and keeps walking. Name's Keg. You can follow us or head back that way to New Hope for room, board, and broads... Our way might be safer.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#589 Post by kruk »

Cresty

As Keg brushes by Cresty, the fighter can't help but chuckle. Clearly the answer he received from the stranger was not the answer Cresty expected. Realizing that no one has made him laugh in a long time, Cresty replies Well met Keg. I go by Cresty. Give me a moment to gather and equip my gear and I will follow your lead.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#590 Post by kruk »

Cresty
Bluehorse wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:23 am Name's Keg. You can follow us or head back that way to New Hope for room, board, and broads... Our way might be safer.
Keg's reply produces a grin on Cresty's face. The fighter relaxes his posture and replies Well met Keg. I go by Cresty. Give me a moment to gather and equip my gear and I will follow your lead..

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"Hi Cresty. My name's Grimm. The dwarf extends a hand and an amused smile can be discerned under his bushy black beard. The leather of his armour makes a cracking sound when he moves. "We're friends, like Keg here has let you know already. We can wait for you to get a sword or something. Come to us explore. Strong people are always welcome."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy has been trying to meditate, but her stomach is rumbling. She hears the woman's scream, grabs her mace, and heads for the riverside. Arvoreen! What now?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#593 Post by kruk »

Cresty

Well met and thank you for the opportunity to join the two of you. The fighter reaches out and shakes the hand of the dwarf. I'll be back soon. The fighter moves quickly to retrieve his gear.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#594 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If the three of you are ready to head out up, I will start your new thread with my next update.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#595 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm's ready.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#596 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Sets up his tent, digs a hole and buries his footlocker under his hammock. Changes out of his studded leather and wears his Scalemail for a while until time to scribe spells.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#597 Post by kruk »

Cresty is ready

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#598 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I want to make one more update here before breaking up into smaller groups, but I was hoping to get a couple more replies first.

In the meantime, If there are any more plans to be laid out for our cliff climbers, they can do that in the correct thread while we wait for my next update here.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=12299

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#599 Post by Ahlmzhad »

I sure don't have anything else to do before leaving.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#600 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Setting Things In Motion
Sunday, 7th of Harvester
Daytime, Humid, Hot, Buggy

The screams at the river bring many curious townies and adventurers alike to the bank. There they spot something very peculiar clumsily exiting the murky waters. The figure is a massive crablike humanoid standing as tall as a troll, though it seems more confused than aggressive. Hearing the calls for alarm, Wes wonders if the labors of his magic have finally paid off. Several of the townsfolk start wishing they had brought more butter to the island.
Luther Crabbe.jpg
Luther Crabbe.jpg (156.94 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Meanwhile.....

Keg, Cresty, and Greedy Grimm gather their gear and prepare for a hard, long climb up a fairly dangerous rock face.

Chauncey learns a nice little incantation called Mending from Darklin's spell book.

Wes starts his 4 day research of even more powerful magicks, spending a lot of time in the trees. And on the ground, apparently. (I will let him decide how much of his research he cares to share, but its pretty good so far.) :lol:

With Feanol officially finished with her spell sharing obligations, Wake and his company can begin making their final plans to leave New Hope to head out into the jungle next.

Actions?

I am going to skip through these next 5 days fairly quickly, so speak up if there are any changes or specific actions you would like to take.

Leaving in 1ish days time:
Wake (hoping to find the next obelisk north of Nipple Gorge)
Feanol
Yrias
Maag
Daisy
Liam

Leaving after 5 more days
Chauncey (going back to the fire obelisk)
Elnaerel
Wes
Amun
Darklin

Departing....
Keg (looking at climbing back up the cliffs to search for obelisks etc. to the northeast)
Grimm
Cresty Returns

Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 3/3 1st / 2/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
Maag AC:4 20/20