Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

#641 Post by sastaz »

Amun stops.

"I don't like this at all. We should spread out. We don't want another magic trick to catch us all, like a web, or bloated demon falling from the sky."

Letting those who want to move to the side first, she yells at the lone native and waves.

"Hey! What's happening? We come in peace and need to pass. Is there anything you need from us?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#642 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes, like Luther, decides to hang back for the moment and see what Amun can accomplish. "Obad Hai save your stupid servant! " he suddenly mutters, slapping his forehead. Turning to the others nearby, he points out a flaw in their current plan. "Without Powstap, we can't really talk to them, can we?"

"This could take a long time".

Wes peers into the trees and tries to pick out any sign that the Indijuns are trying to flank them while the parties attention is on the man ahead.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#643 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"The dragon gave me this headband that allows me to understand them... But not them to understand us. That's something." She holds a defensive position nevertheless, not liking the current situation, and waits for a reaction.

In the meantime she looks for a rope or something where the native might be hanging from, that maybe they can't discern at first view.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#644 Post by Bluehorse »

Karaunios wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:03 am Elnaerel

"The dragon gave me this headband that allows me to understand them... But not them to understand us. That's something."
Liam That is good, just keep your ears open to danger. Dont bother trying to speak right away, I think, best not to give away we can understand them any more than they can understand us. Liam says hoping being friendly but cautious is a wise approach for now.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#645 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel nods in understanding.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#646 Post by OGRE MAGE »

New Beginnings
Freeday, 12th of Harvester
Daytime, Humid, Hot, Buggy

Amun suggests the group spread out as Luther moves to the back of the group, clacking his huge claws and gurgling softly.

Wes reminds the group they have a difficult time dealing with the communication issues with the native people, seeing no indications there is any hidden trouble around them.

As Elnaerel suggests using the dragons magical headband, spotting no clues that this is a dummy set up on the trail, Amun calls out to the man.

The frail man allows the group to get a little closer before he suddenly looks at you with terror in his eyes, waving his arms like a madman, giving a distinct impression that you should not come any closer.

Actions?

future recordkeeping:
Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 3/3 1st / 2/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
Maag AC:4 20/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 1st 5/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
Crabbe Luther AC:4 30/30

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#647 Post by Urson »

Luther
*clack-clack!* Luther's claws clamp shut as he 'clenches his fists'. He turns to watch the backtrail.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#648 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes looks at the terror on the man's face. "Far more likely scared about what's going to happen to him than worried about us", he judges.

Wes retreats to his previous position. As he gets near to Luther, he indicates the nearby river. "Luther, in your new body, as blessed by The Shalm, can you swim? Do you think that if this man is bait in a trap, you could sneak up under the water and see if he is? Maybe whoever is using him wouldn't be expecting one of us to approach from there. A different angle of view might show you what's really going on."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#649 Post by sastaz »

Amun draws her giant jagged blade and holds it demonstratively in front of her, changing stances as she takes a few steps back, joining Wes and Luther the Crab-man, hopefully back-to-back.

She snarls

"This smells like an ambush. Might be archers. Should we move into the woods, all of us? Wes, do you have any woodland magic at your disposal? Anything that could help us find our enemies?"

She looks around, warily, then shouts.

"Cowards! Reveal yourselves!"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#650 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther bobs his eyestalks and mouthparts, giving the impression of a nod. Yeth. Can do.
He moves to the river and slips in, then works his way upstream about 50 paces before he surfaces (just poking his eyes above water to look for threats). If the current is strong, he'll brace against a rock.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#651 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel gets her morningstar ready. "What's going on?" She asks to the man, knowing he won't understand her, anything maybe he will say anything she might understand herself in turn.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#652 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Unfortunately, he is a bit out of range of my information gathering incantations..." says Chauncey, hanging back with the others. "Let us see what Luther may discover. Mr. Wrenly, would you be so kind as to survey the situation from a higher vantage? Do not, however, approach any closer just yet. I should not like you to put yourself in danger."

Mr. Wrenly scampers up a nearby tree.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#653 Post by OGRE MAGE »

New Beginnings
Freeday, 12th of Harvester
Daytime, Humid, Hot, Buggy

Luther takes to the river, finding the swift moving murky water more to his liking than the open trail. He starts swimming in the direction of the wall, hoping to get a look beyond it to report back to his friends.

Mr. Wrenly leaps up into a tree and begins to climb, eventually showing Chauncey a view of a nearly deserted village beyond the bamboo wall ahead. There are a few natives milling about in the dilapidated village, but no guards or threats are seen. Once Luther gets into position at the rivers bank, he sees the same situation, certainly spotting no threats from these poor victims of the nasty demoness.

While the others stay back, Elnaerel moves up closer, hoping to get something, anything from this lone man. The others don't understand what he says, but the elf hears him as plain as day.
"Why have you come here? We have nothing left to take. I don't want to fight you, but I will guard my people with my life."

Actions?

future recordkeeping:
Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 3/3 1st / 2/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
Maag AC:4 20/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 1st 5/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
Crabbe Luther AC:4 30/30

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#654 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Readies his bow waiting for the islanders to jump out any moment.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#655 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"No I don't," says Wes, in reply to Amun's question about observational magic. "Perhaps something I should pray to Obad Hai about. I can change a lot about the environment, but that, I can't do."

He looks along the trail towards Elnaerel, wondering what's happening. After a few moments Wes muses "Well, actually I can speak with plants to find things out..but you can probably imagine how informative they are". He rolls his eyes, then goes back to monitoring the jungle around them.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#656 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel steps back a few steps and adopts an as inoffensive position as possible. "He's saying that they don't have anything left and that we can't take anything else from them, that he's going to defend his people with his life...

When did we take anything from them? This is weird.

The thing is, there's no way we can tell them anything. I think it's better we just leave. I don't want them to be hurt more than they've already been."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#657 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"I don't think he's talking about just us", Wes replies. "Ever since strangers like us arrived on this island, things have gotten worse for the Indijuns."

"The Beachtowners started over-hunting. Bing and his pirates enslaved them. The necromancer set up in the ruined temple nearby. Momma took over most of the tribe. Even Alyssa upset them by disturbing the mist dragon that they worship".

"You're right. Until we can talk to them, we should leave them in peace"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#658 Post by Urson »

Luther
Once he's sure there's no threats beyond the wall, Luther lets the current carry him back to the others. He snatches a small fish from the water and eats it as he lumbers up the bank.
No tthreats. Ver few people. Kinda sad- but no danger for us.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#659 Post by sastaz »

Amun lowers her sword.

"This whole island seems plagued by warfare, no, terror. These villagers seem to suffer a lot. I don't know what we can do to help right now. Facing the evil heads on has not proven very succesful. We must grow in power and knowledge first, it seems to me."

She looks at the others for their suggestions.

"Take the longer way and go around the village, not to stir trouble?"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#660 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Yes, it would seem unwise to disturb these unfortunate people once again. If only time had permitted me to complete my research on a new spell i've been contemplating - one that would allow free, two-way conversation from a distance - I could have employed my not insignificant social charm and perhaps allayed this man's fears. Alas," says Chauncey. "It seems we can only hope for more of the same as we progress. Would not the beach route prove less arduous?"

Return to “Completed Missions”