Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

#621 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Having finished his current research, Chauncey will spend some time with Luther trying to figure out "what his deal is, exactly." Is he happy? Does his intelligence seem impaired or enhanced? Can he manipulate tools with his new appendages? All this in the name of scientific research friendship.

Mr. Wrenly does monkey things.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#622 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Return Of The Crab Man
Freeday, 12th of Harvester
Daytime, Humid, Hot, Buggy

Luther spends a lot of time flopping around in the river, trying to understand his new body and how it works. Some of his friends try to help him through his bizarre life transition, but the former human still seems to be having difficulty with the entire concept. The huge crabman becomes a big hit with the townies when he pulls out several meaty catfish from holes in the submerged riverbank to fry up.

Day 8
Darklin starts learning Invisibility from Chauncey
Wes completes his new magic spell

Day 9
Darkln learns Invisibility from Chauncey

Actions?

You final folks can detail out your new magic and discuss options about where to go next. Once everyone is set to head out, I will get this one shoved off for you.

Leaving so soon?
Chauncey (going back to the fire obelisk)
Elnaerel
Wes
Amun
Darklin
Luther

future recordkeeping:

Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 3/3 1st / 2/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
Maag AC:4 20/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 1st 5/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
Crabbe Luther AC:4 30/30

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#623 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther's memory of his human life is pretty spotty, and jumbled- he keeps looking for Jax, his mentor.

I donttt know, Chauncey. I'm glad ttto nott be ded, but what wil the Whittte Bear ttthinkk? I am nott the man anymore- wil my Gott takke me?
I yamm gladt to be alive- but why me? We have losttt many friends here- why did you all work zo hardt to bringk me bakk?

His claws are virtually useless for holding tools and weapons. He has ideas about things to enhance his claws, but no gold to pay for them- so he'll wait.
FA FO

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#624 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel will focus on her research, prayers and helping the townies in case they need it.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#625 Post by sastaz »

Amun watches Luther's different trials with friendly amusement.

"My friend. You were brave, and foolish, in life. I'm sure the gods have some plan for you. You never know. You just have to face this challenge with courage, like you did in the cave."

"I think...if you turn your pincer the other way you can...no, not that way, like this"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#626 Post by ChubbyPixie »

By the time Darklin finishes up transcribing and returns his spell book, Chauncey and Mr. Wrenly are packed and ready for their journey.

“It is high time we set out. I believe we are sufficiently prepared. Strange obelisks are not going to explore themselves, you know,” he says, “Wesley, with your knowledge of all things natural, I trust implicitly that your plan for overland travel is the best one. Therefore, let us set out with all haste. Are you quite ready to face the inhabitants of the temple? I’m simply beside myself with anticipation to see what you have prepared…”

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#627 Post by Urson »

Luther
Yeth, Amun, I kno... Din'tt you follow me to the Beautiful Mother? Very brafe, but dum. Thanks.
FA FO

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#628 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes limps up to the rest of his companions, using a tree limb as a temporary crutch. "Yes, time to move along. Don't worry about this. If we can just go a bit slower for the first few miles, I'll walk it off soon enough."

"It's just a small consequence of finding a new way to receive the gift of Obad Hai. Thank you, Chauncey. I'm sure it'll protect us when the time comes. The Shalm will see to that."

"So off to Beachtown and the Logger's Trail then!"
Wes hobbles a few steps towards the river.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#629 Post by sastaz »

Amun looks at crab-Luther and nods, while patting him on the shell.

Following the great initiative shown by Chauncey and Wes she stuffs her things into her backback and gets ready to leave.

As they walk she's silent for quite some time before addressing Chauncey in a confused manner.

"You are a very strange man talking like that. What does that even mean an obelisk discovering itself? Obelisk is a stone. Are you sure you weren't hit on the head as a child? I've seen that happen to a boy in my tribe. He talked to himself and walked in circles for the rest of his life. You should be more careful, people will think you're a madman. I mean that as a friend."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#630 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am very much enjoying everyone's RP interaction with Luther and his new life challenges. :D

New Beginnings

With their exotic looking giant crab-man alongside, still learning how to function in his new, much larger form, the group decides it's time to leave the settlement of New Hope to explore the rest of this island and its many monumental mysteries.

Wes shows up with a serious limp from deliberately falling/jumping out of trees for the last few days, all in the name of spell research, of course. After bringing a dead person back to life, albeit in a different body, the priest of nature looks forward to showing the greatest mage on the island what he can do for an encore.

Amun spends her travel time wisely, attempting to get to know her fellow travelers along their journey.

Actions?

I might not have read back far enough......were you planning on going to Beachtown and taking the loggers trail? Or going back up the river trail to the north?

Leaving
Chauncey (going back to the fire obelisk)
Elnaerel
Wes
Amun
Darklin
Luther

future recordkeeping:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#631 Post by Jernau35 »

It took me a while to find it as well. It's about 5 pages back.
Jernau35 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:48 am Wes

Wes spends the majority of the first two days in study and prayer with the Druid's Book. At one point, during a brief break , he approaches Chauncey.

"What route where you planning to take back to the Fire Obilisk? It seems to me the river trail through the Indijun villages might not be the best way right now. Who knows how they feel about us?"

"And the Loggers trail route takes us right by the temple and close to the swamp. Which is where we want to go anyway. Is there another way?"

Chauncey said he trusted Wes, so Wes picked the Logger's Trail.

Looking at the map, the river route is more direct. But who thinks the Indijuns are just going to wave us through?

What does everyone else think?

(Of course, if the Stoneguts hadn't wrecked Beachtown, Wes was going to research a "Never-get-lost-in-the-jungle" spell and we could have just hacked our way there in a straight line. :roll:

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#632 Post by sastaz »

Amun is very new to this island and does not really have a clue, but she'd guess the trail is best, even though it might be a longer trek.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#633 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"Why would the Indijuns attack us? We helped free their people.

Actually, we were kind of betrayed. Their holy man didn't show up..."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#634 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey considers Amun's words carefully for a few steps.

"Yes, Amun, I see the cause for your concern. I do tend to make use of idiom which is, to say the least, circumlocative. I assure you I was not struck on the head as a child. And though I was witness to, er... occurrences that might drive some to madness, I still retain my faculties, I assure you," he says. Then, voice lower, he cups his hand around his mouth and adds,"Mr. Wrenly, on the other hand, has fallen out of a tree or two, giving him a somewhat skewed perspective, let us say. He's a stalwart fellow, but I wouldn't go to him for advice."
Last edited by ChubbyPixie on Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#635 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes considers Elnaerel's point. "Hmmm...I hadn't really thought of it like that. Since all we did was drive Momma away, I was looking at it as the Indijuns still being in danger. "

"As for Powstap, I assumed that Momma has done something bad to him. Those warriors behind us in the trees. Were those his? Or were they village warriors that Momma had placed there?"
Wes shakes his head. "Great Shalm, we walked into such a mess didn't we?"

"Overall, I was thinking that they would resent us for everything."

"Even without Momma there, will the tribe have put aside the divisions she caused? We can try the river trail I suppose, and see what happens."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#636 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"I'm also unsure if the warriors that came through the gate were already Momma's or if we were "betrayed" by Powstap's...

We didn't get rid of Momma, of course, but we drove her away, all while not injuring the charmed Indijuns. I'm pretty sure their people freed them. Why would they resent us for doing that?

It's true that we should have talked to them instead of just running away from the place, told them their people were safe but still fettered and that they should go take care of them. At least some of us should have gone back on foot and talk to them."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#637 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther listens to the discussion, his eye stalks shifting from one to another.
We should go careful. Treadt it like we nefer met them before. Ver polite, ver calm, ver friendly. I stay in the bak,so I don scare nobody.
FA FO

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#638 Post by sastaz »

Amun looks up from her current kill-time activity: woodcarving.

"I dunno. I passed through some villages, alone, on my escape from the cave where Luther was held. The natives seem to view Momma as some sort of half-god, but I believe they are neutral, if anything. But we should get going, my sword arm is itching already!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#639 Post by OGRE MAGE »

New Beginnings

The group sets out up the river trail in hopes of making it back to the temple without being accosted by too many dangerous monsters or angry tribesmen.

They have good luck until they are just about to the first village area on the river. Before they reach the clearing, they spot something strange on the trail up ahead.

There is a lone native man standing there watching the group as you approach. He doesn't call out or wave his arms. He just stands there awaiting your arrival. In fact, you aren't even sure if the man is moving at all.

Actions?

future recordkeeping:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#640 Post by Urson »

Luther
True to his word, Luther drops back to the rear. He stays on the left side, ready to move up for combat if needed.
FA FO

Return to “Completed Missions”