Indent Quirk

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Indent Quirk

#1 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I'm using "Indent" and note that it also appears to remove preceding and succeeding blank lines. Is there a way to prevent this so the section is isolated from the neighbouring paragraphs? (Each of the below text lines is preceded by a blank line - but the displayed spacing differs)

Para 1
Indented
Para2

Not Indented

Para 3

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Indent Quirk

#2 Post by ToniXX »

I see your point. I'm sure this behavior can be changed but I'd like input from others who also use the indent feature.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Eris »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 am I'm using "Indent" and note that it also appears to remove preceding and succeeding blank lines. Is there a way to prevent this so the section is isolated from the neighbouring paragraphs? (Each of the below text lines is preceded by a blank line - but the displayed spacing differs)

Para 1
Indented
Para2

Not Indented

Para 3
Hum...I think I like how it works now. If you want to isolate the indention, use two enters as below.

Para 1 -enter-
indented area, like a quote -enter-
Para 2

vs.

Para 1 -enter enter-

Another indented area -enter enter-

Para 2
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Eris wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:41 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 am I'm using "Indent" and note that it also appears to remove preceding and succeeding blank lines. Is there a way to prevent this so the section is isolated from the neighbouring paragraphs? (Each of the below text lines is preceded by a blank line - but the displayed spacing differs)

Para 1
Indented
Para2

Not Indented

Para 3
Hum...I think I like how it works now. If you want to isolate the indention, use two enters as below.

Para 1 -enter-
indented area, like a quote -enter-
Para 2

vs.

Para 1 -enter enter-

Another indented area -enter enter-

Para 2
Why is a single cr/lf sometimes a cr/lf and some times not? Consistency would be nice

Return to “Help and Support”