Action Thread 8

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 8

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 9:32 a
Ramshackle shed.

Eljayess prepares to open the door, giving others warning to prepare to enter, but not bothering with pleasantries, or patience, Kayen kicks in the double doors. Everyone scrambles to ready their weapons. For just a split second it seems to hold, but the door, the bar behind it, and part of the door frame shiver into splinters.

This ramshackle building is cluttered with a variety of tools and junk. There are hammers, chisels, axe handles, slabs of stone, and warped boards. The walls are covered with many different types of holy symbols, some of evil and some of good religions. Most of these look as if they have been pegged or nailed in place. Crouched around a dim and sputtering lantern are seven orcs, nervously fingering their halberds and glancing about. They look up in surprise at the grand entrance of shattered wood and hated wild-eyed elf and without hesitation 6 of them head toward the double doors in the north and start to unbar them.

One seems to cower in the corner and now that you look closer it seems to be another ill-used slave, not an orc after all.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (51.68 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
Oh how easy it is for orcs, in this situation, to fail morale when a crazy elf comes busting through their door! :D
They are surprised and scared out of their minds, looking to run away. You have a free round to do what you will.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (203 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (0 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 7

#2 Post by max_vale »

Ogre rushes across the room as fast he can toward the orc on the far right. As he reaches him; he takes a mighty swing with his longsword....

Attack roll (+4 due to Specialization, Longsword +1 and STR 18/56): [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21

Damage if hit scored (+6 due to Specialization, Longsword +1 and STR 18/56): [1d8+6] = 5+6 = 11

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Freda watches Ogre charge into melee, then stares down at her nocked arrow and sighs.

She drops bow and arrow and draws her sword as she moves to attack the orc on the far right (in the graphic).

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 3

I won't even bother with adding the Attack From Behind bonus...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by max_vale »

OOC: I went for one on the far side so that the others would still be good targets for everybody else....go for one way to the left! :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

Nah, no worries. It was a crappy roll, no matter what bonuses I apply to it. Rather keep it a swing than lose an arrow.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen charges the nearest orc, screaming menacingly as he runs.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 4, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 7, damage (L): [1d12] = 10

Oh well, it was worth the effort.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett charges one of the orcs with his short sword, showing surprising ferocity for his small stature.

To hit: [1d20] = 16, damage short sword: [1d6] = 4 (medium opponent)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will remain in the doorway to one side, so the light from his lantern will allow him to see down the passage while also augmenting the lantern of the Orcs.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Nuke66 »

Since spell casting is apparently not on the agenda, Eljay charges directly across the room, intending not to allow them to open the door.

As she is moving, she looks for the one trying to open the door and she stabs.

[1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5 to hit

and fails....

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by saalaria »

Trusting Phan to be monitoring all avenues to the rear, Dredd will stand in the doorway ready to magic missile if required.
Don't really want to waste a spell on some measly orcs unless I really have to

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 9:32 a
Ramshackle shed.
Round Surprise

Ogre, thinking “finally” rushes in with his sword to attack. He slices through the orc in front of him with ease. The fist still upraised as it was banging on the door and halberd falls to the ground as the orc’s torso is cut in half. Freda rushes in, after dropping her bow, but doesn’t have the same luck.
Kayen continues as the chaotic elf, but is unable to get in a hit, but the morale of the orcs is none the better for it!
Blodgett rushes in as well, but is able to thrust upward and strike home! Surprisingly the orc he’s facing falls… still breathing but bloodied and felled on the floor. Unconscious.
The spellcasters watch the rear and Elwita moves in, but is unable to attack this round as she is a bit boxed out.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (52.08 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
DH, let me know where you want Elwita, she really didn’t have a target this round. Next round is Round 1 so Elwita and Ogre (sorry Freda) get their specialized attacks if they are meleeing. So both of you would get two attacks this round. I need one person to roll initiative and everyone to declare actions and make the necessary rolls for resolution of those actions. The orcs were running away, some may change their minds this round. :)

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (203 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (0 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 8

#12 Post by ToniXX »

Initiative: [1d6] = 5

Blodgett will step over the orc he felled and attack the closest one...
To hit: [1d20] = 1, damage short sword: [1d6] = 6 (medium opponent)
and nearly cut off his own foot :)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by max_vale »

Ogre, grinning savagely, leaps at his next two opponents with powerful swings from his sword....

1st Longsword attack against Orc right in front of FR: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15

Damage if hit scored: [1d8+6] = 3+6 = 9

2nd Longsword attack against Orc right in front of KT: [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21

Damage if hit scored: [1d8+6] = 8+6 = 14

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Freda fairs better with her second sword attack...

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 17

Damage, Long Sword (S/M) [1d8] = 6

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Vargr1105 »

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tkrexx »

Tho holding the lantern, Phanstern will finger a scroll, then peer over to this "Escaped Slave" cowering in the corner.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by saalaria »

Dredd rubs his hands together and smiles to himself. Pleased that he made the right choice not to loose his spell. He then takes a notebook from one of the internal pockets of his robe and scribbles some notes down.
"hmm hmm hmm hmm"
He hums to himself.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 9:33 a
Ramshackle shed.
Round 1

Elwita can’t seem to get up to the front, but Ogre makes up for it with a hit on the orc in front of him on that slices and crushes it up against the door. His grin, splashed with blood, rather unsettling to all who see it. The orcs turn to fight, their desperation almost as unsettling, but they react a step too slow for the rest of the party.

The orcs whirl around to attack the party. But the party is ready for them. The ranger checks her swing, slightly annoyed that Ogre killed the one in front of her, but is able to attack the one in front of Kayen for a massive strike, though a hardy orc, he looks about ready to drop. Kayen obliges him by finishing him off. Eljayess cuts her orc with a slash from her sword, but it still stands. Blodgett slips a bit in the gore around him, unable to connect with the orc in front of him. But Ogre, leaping over bloodied orc corpses on the ground, cuts the orc in front of Blodgett in half, so fast it surprises the Halfling.

The sole surviving orc in front of Eljayess makes a half-hearted swing of its halberd and misses. He looks around, surrounded and cornered, says something in orcish I was going to PM this, but only two of you don’t speak orcish so he says ghosts and wild elves, I’m dead and starts to shake. But he does not put his halberd and backs himself up against the door jamb ready to attack.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (51.68 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Next round is Round 2. Everyone acts on initiative. If you want to continue to melee I need one person to roll initiative and everyone to declare actions and make the necessary rolls for resolution of those actions.

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (202 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (0 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 4

Unable to reach the foe, Freda quietly says, "Kill him, boys."

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”