Rider of Rohan

Re: Q&A & Other things OCC continued...

#501 Post by Rex »

Thanks Chris.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#502 Post by GreyWolfVT »

BTW Hedgeknight is going to be bowing out, and with all of the time this game has been running and the number of players I've lost I'm starting to wonder if it is worth carrying on. I know I'm probably one of the slowest DM's game pace wise. But I honestly am not sure if after the encounter with the Queen if I will keep going with this as originally planned. But perhaps I am just overthinking it, and having a low selfesteem moment.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by Rex »

Only speaking for myself the game pace is OK. There are definitely slower games I am in, like 1 post a month games. If you are not feeling it then after dealing with the queen seems a natural point to end it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by shaidar »

I agree with Rex. See how you feel after the queen. There is always the option to take a break after the queen and pick things up again later if you get back in the mood.

GreyWolfVT

#505 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks Rex & Steve, we will see where I am at after the next encounter. Fortunately, I goofed on some details when the group was conversing with the ogre but he didn't really know the queen would be down there in that dungeon throne room honestly I hadn't looked that far ahead in the room descriptions so it was a DM faux pas.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by gurusql »

I too am supportive of whatever makes it fun for you GreyWolf.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#507 Post by Cwreando »

I agree that it's about whatever makes you happy. Take some time to think about it and don't worry about us.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#508 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I will have to resolve the rest of battle later I just did up all the NPC actions

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#509 Post by Darklin2 »

I am back have been down for health issues again. Still trying to get past this Cancer. Damn Radiation is almost worse that the disease.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#510 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No worries. Take care of yourself first and foremost! I can npc as needed. So long as I don't goof on something ;)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by shaidar »

Is Petrides or the man with the staff wearing metal armour?

GreyWolfVT

#512 Post by GreyWolfVT »

According to their stats yes. They are clerics. And the queen has a shield as well. But lets just say obviously their armors are not merely normal made metal armors.

GreyWolfVT

#513 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I know the combat round is waiting for me to resolve. I'll work on that today or tomorrow. I will admit that I'm starting to grow tired of DMing. At least for a bit, it's turned into more of a chore. I'm finding I'm having more run playing in other games and ignoring my own. So I apologize for that, my players deserve better. But let that go to say that once this battle is concluded I'll be hanging up my DM hat for a while and closing out this game. We had a hell of a long run. I never expected it'd last this long. Thanks for sticking by me, I don't feel I deserve the loyalty of the player's but apparently some how have earned it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by Rex »

No worries. I need to update my game too, but my birthday is today so my whole weekend is sort of messed up.

GreyWolfVT

#515 Post by GreyWolfVT »

True, I don't have that as an excuse. Had some annoying bike race right next to my house yesterday. So that put me in an annoyed mood. They disrupt regular traffic from 8am to about 5pm ish. So that made my usually weekend chores rushed to get done before they started. Mowed the lawn today so now I'm just wanting to take it easy and not exert myself much. But I just updated one game on another forum so maybe I'll get this round of combat resolved. Granted their battle was easier and smaller only 4 players and 2 NPCs in the party. Fighting easy skeletons. Where as you guys are in a boss fight essentially and we have way too many characters for me to keep track of lol.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by Rex »

You are doing great, just a mater of getting some quite time to o it. I can wait.

GreyWolfVT

#517 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well, quiet I can get motivation is another thing entirely. Oh and I haven't been paying attention I'm sure we've hit another game anniversary by now and I don't think I gave out any bonus XP for that. Can't believe how long this game has run for. We started our first IC post on May 31, 2018.

Happy 5th game anniversary!

500 XP to everyone (that is not currently an NPC) yup 100 xp for every year we have run for.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by Rex »

Thanks. Egon is my longest running character on the Unseenservant for an idea of how long this game as been going.

GreyWolfVT

#519 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah, I really didn't expect this to run for 5 years. Granted if you look at how many players have come and gone as well... Xlore is the second longest running character in this game granted he did go through at least 3 player's. I still hope Mark aka Dram is alright. Haven't seen him on here in years and even emailed him to not hear back.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by Rex »

He was fun to play with. I hope all is well with him. No level up for Egon, multi-class has it's downsides.

Return to “Archive”