Out in the black - 300-002 (and later 300-003)

BackworldTraveller
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out in the black - 300-002 (and later 300-003)

#41 Post by Leitz »

"That doesn't seem to be overly difficult, sir." Angelo chuckled., and then sighed. "I doubt I am good enough for Becka, my odd habits have driven her to drinking qana."

He paused, and then added. "To the right person my product has a different cost. I want to deal with Shoyebe to get Kiko; that's my profit. If he won't deal, then I'd take a percentage from a trustworthy source. The product is simple, it is the truth. As I'm sure you've seen, nothing untoward is happening at the hospital. The military authorities assure us of it. That I am here on an urgent humanitarian supply mission is just the merest coincidence."

"Becka is fine, I saw her just before leaving. Not everyone else is fine, and there are issues to be resolved. A business could make a reasonable amount of money if it knew the truth before competitors."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by BackworldTraveller »

So you are thinking financiers might get a good deal? What's the plan? Sell short, "Wait" for the info to leak. Buy at a discount to cover the position?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Leitz »

"Simply to look at what could be done and then get to it before others. The advantage would be temporary, but a useable truth is a business advantage."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Leitz wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:38 pm "Simply to look at what could be done and then get to it before others. The advantage would be temporary, but a useable truth is a business advantage."
Well I think your instinct is right. Money is there to be made. You're going to have two problems though. The hospital's group is pretty illiquid and only really traded on Sparks. And given it's taken two days to get here, from there, I'd guess your time is running out quickly if not already gone...Have you been watching the markets? And a third issue...how do you persuade the guy to give up power over his child for cash on a deal where you give away your secret to prove it's value? Can you offer a guarantee of any sort that he might accept?

They look a bit flummoxed on that question

And, anyway, aren't you here on some sort of Hospital business?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Leitz »

I'm not sure Angelo has conveyed things well here, but meta game this seems to be dragging a bit. Am I missing more than my usual clue?

Angelo smiled sadly. "I have a reputation. Only slightly better than some, but I'm known as a businessman who deals fairly and from a strong hand. I don't misrepresent, I don't fudge, and I treat my friends well. I don't treat others so well. If he isn't able to discern that then he has no real business connections. He also has a company backing him up, and he'll know that's why I'm selling. I operate on a different scale and this product needs a corporation backing it. Getting the inside track will mean a lot for his career and his company, and all he has to do is decide that corporate power is more important than messing with the life of one person. He seems the type to see that."

He checked his crono. "I need to contact him now so that he has time to deliver the goods, if he's interested. I do have a schedule to maintain, since this is a humanitarian mission. If you can think of anything that would bring leverage to my success, I would appreciate it."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by BackworldTraveller »

OK - You have a deadline to meet to meet your current contract. We will try and get Shoyebe's attention. We have your contact details. We'll radio once we have details of how you may talk.

Return to “A new Heaven? A new Earth (Traveller)”