All Roads Lead to Red Larch

hedgeknight
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: All Roads Lead to Red Larch

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin sighs "Well it is certainly hard to ask what it was doing here now that it is dead. Unless you have any priests of more experience that have the ability to speak to the dead." the gnome directs the last part to the constable.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#102 Post by Darithe »

Vesper slowly regains consciousness, still reeling from the burning sting of the poison within her. She tries to focus on her surroundings, seeing the opponent who injured her lying dead and noting that Neogra stands protectively nearby. She still didn't understand why the drow was here but maybe the others could enlighten her, though that could wait as she tried to collect her thoughts.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#103 Post by Lance »

"Vesper!" Neogra shouts, then kneels next to her "Are you alright? Do you feel anything that might imply poison? Help is on the way." she raises her head to shout towards the kitchen "Moan!"

GreyWolfVT

#104 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin looks to Vesper as she starts stirring "How do you feel Vesper?" knowing well that is a bit of a silly question for someone that was poisoned.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by hedgeknight »

Once the heat of the battle has settled, calmer heads and hearts turn to the important task of making sure Vesper is okay. Still pale and naseous, Vesper is awake and somewhat alert. Moan returns from the kitchen with a wad of garlic paste that he applies directly to her stomach wound, and wraps a clean bandage around her waist to hold the poultice in place. Neogra helps Vesper to a chair and Jhandlatha brings her a glass of wine. "This will help put some color back into your cheeks, my dear."

While Mag surveys the room to make sure the Drow is not only alone, but that no one else is in a hurry to leave, Raz examines the metal tin containing the poisonous resin and notices it is identical to the resin on the crossbow bolts. Neither the short sword or long dagger have the resin on them; the short sword is coated with Vesper's blood, however.
When Raz mentions "speak with dead," Constable Harburk shrugs and replies, "Brother Bentley could likely take care of it, assuming he isn't already...oh! Here he comes now."

Brother Bentley.jpg
Brother Bentley.jpg (4.93 KiB) Viewed 962 times
"Greetings one and all! My, my what a crowd! Peerynee must have outdone herself in the kitchen tonight! And...oh! What's this? That fellow looks to be in serious condition," the man says, squinting at the dead Drow. "What's the meaning of all this, Constable?"
One look at Brother Bentley and it's easy to tell he is already three sheets to the wind; in fact, you can smell the wine on his breath from five feet away!
Constable Harburk indicates your group and says, "This dark Elf attacked one of these adventurers and her companions put him down. We are wondering, as Master Gnome has pointed out, whether the Drow is alone or part of a larger group."
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Hello Brother Bentley. The Drow was using poison. Something very bad is going on here."

Turning to Jhandlatha, "How much for me to purchase a good supply of garlic and some linen bandages? Best to be prepared."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by hedgeknight »

"Oh, there's no need to pay for the garlic. We have plenty in the cellar. I'll fetch you a small sack full. As for the bandages though, Brother Bentley might have some, and so might Ollie's Hardware and Supplies. Ollie is likely already asleep. He goes to bed with the chickens and gets up with them too." Jhandlatha chuckles and pats Moan's arm, excusing herself to go get the garlic.
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Thank you for the garlic fine lady, we much appreciated it. I will look into bandages in the morning, hopefully we are fine for now. How do we go from here my friends?"

Sheet updated.

GreyWolfVT

#109 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin tucks the tin away in a pocket for now, figuring it would be useful later to create an antidote. Turning to the brother he wrinkles his nose "A bit of imbibing of the sacred wine Brother? Anyway... do you by chance have the ability to speak with the dead? I've heard that more experienced priests can do this." he asks Brother Bentley wondering to himself just how accurate such a thing would be in the Brother's currrent state.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by gurusql »

Mag

Having spent time looking directly at each person in the bar, and seeing that he cannot add value to the discussion at hand he will ease up some but continue to scan the bar.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#111 Post by Darithe »

Responding to her friends, "Poisoned, yes I can feel it burning still even as the cut healed. Thank you by the way, for helping." She grimaces as she tries to steady herself looking doubtfully at the priest.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by tarlyn »

Kol

The big woman frowns with this talk of speaking with a dead person.

"So old man here can make us , how you say, talk with a dead person? What if dead person don't want to talk or not like old man?

Shaman not do that in my old tribe, but one time bring back warrior from dead, me sure of it. He slept for a day after he help warrior."

Pensive a moment she adds. "Shaman not talk to dead people his choice but he never say why he would not or could not do it. Then again maybe none

ask him to do that.""
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by hedgeknight »

Brother Bentley hems and haws at all of the talk directed at him...until Jhandlatha brings him a cup of wine. The aging priest gulps it down like a man dying of thirst, smacks his lips, shudders a bit, and then says, "I'll be happy to divine with the dead Drow's spirit, if it will indulge me. I need to pray for that spell tonight and cast it first thing in the morning. What are you wanting to ask of it's, erm, spirit?"
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rex »

Moan

"I am nor sure we learn much but if you can I suppose we can try."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by gurusql »

Mag

"Thank you for the offer to he us kind sir. We want to know why he was here and what his business was with our friend?"

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#116 Post by Lance »

"Allies!" Neogra blurts out. "We need to know if he had allies in town or the vicinity." she finishes the thought.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#117 Post by tarlyn »

Kol

The big Barbarian is rather uninterested in speaking with a dead Drow.

"I go get more tea and sit near fire. If need Kol I there."

She wanders off and finds a spot near the fireplace. Once she has acquired a tea, she sits right in front of it, basking in its heat and relaxing.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

GreyWolfVT

#118 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin thinks for a moment "Hmm well Brother Bentley, I think we would want to ask Why the drow was here, if he had others with him that are still here. Beyond that I'm not overly sure what else to ask."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Where they are coming out to the surface, or access to the underdark, something like that anyways."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by hedgeknight »

Brother Bentley listens to the companions queries and suggestions and after Moan's final suggestion, the priest scratches the hair on his balding head and says, "Well, that should do the trick. I'm going to have a bit of something to eat and some more of this delicious vintage, and get a good night's rest, so I can be fresh on the morrow. I suggest you do the same my young friends."
The good cleric goes to the bar and pulls up a chair, ordering some crumble cake and another glass.

Jhandlatha sighs and sends for a bucket and a mop to "do something about the blood on my good floor."
Constable Harburk nods and says, "Right then. I guess we better move the body to the stables until Brother Bentley is ready in the morning."

"Oh, I'll be ready! You can count on me, Constable!" Brother Bentley calls from the bar, smacking his lips in anticipation of the fresh glass of wine being set in front of him.

The constable clears his throat and asks Moan, "Would you help me carry, erm, the dead, erm, body out to the stables?"

Kol wanders over to sit by the fire, enjoying the crackling flames.
While mopping up the blood, Jhandlatha offers, "So, I'm guessing you'll be spending the night, am I right? Single rooms for the lot of you, eh? Would you like a bath? Would you like some company for the evening?"
She indicates the ladies hanging around the bar area; one buxom red-head is tittering and giggling at Brother Bentley's arm.

"Rooms are 2 gold a night, but that includes breakfast. Baths are 10 silver, and some company...well, you can work out an arrangement if you so choose."
Winter is coming...

Return to “Forgotten Realms: Adventures in the North (1e)”