Adventure on the p[lanet Grans

ateno
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Adventure on the p[lanet Grans

#421 Post by joertexas »

Garett set about examining the captured data core to ensure that it was accessible.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#422 Post by ateno »

Monte
Those parts are for you for the grav bike.

Garett
Roll computers

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by The Bindoner »

ateno wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:41 pm Monte

Garett
Roll computers
Ah! I forgot that those parts were available here, I thought we had to go elsewhere for them.

Well, then, he's eager to go get them.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#424 Post by ateno »

The Bindoner wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 pm Ah! I forgot that those parts were available here, I thought we had to go elsewhere for them.

They were made by hand from blueprints, they are ‘on the pier’ waiting for payment. Hiro said it would be paid for.

Inside are the parts you ordered a bit ago, they are for the speeder, instead of high tech plastic, they are made of hardened steel painted in fireproof mostly matching paint.

Putting them on and working on straightening the struts and such, the on board comp reads: Thruster plate 1 requires realignment, speed restricted to 120 mph.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:41 pm Monte

Garett
Roll computers
Roll[2d6]=10 + Electronics(computers)-2 = 12

I'd buy a lottery ticket if I didn't understand statistics... :shock:
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#426 Post by bsongy »

Due to a vacation to a remote area, I will be away from computer and phone access, until 27 August. For that reason, Hiro will take the following uncharacteristic action, to avoid holding up the game...

GM said:
Monte
Monte said:
Ah! I forgot that those parts were available here, I thought we had to go elsewhere for them.
Hiro, yawning, says to Monte and Marco "I am suddenly very tired. Monte, would you mind paying for the part, and the life support bill, as well as collecting the pay from the mining company, once Garrett has done everything she wants to with the drive? Here is the appropriate amount of cash for the bills. You can bring Ophelia and Nevri with shotguns as guards, as well as any other of the crew you wish.

Marco, can you prep the ship? Also see is there is a good argument for one destination over another. I favor Saag, but it is not a strong commitment. Pick whichever world you think best, get the ship ready, calculate jump coordinates and depart as soon as Monte has return.

I will be in my bunk."

Hiro wanders off to his cabin and falls deep asleep.

Sorry everyone to do this. I will check in as soon as I can after my return. Peace.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#427 Post by cybersavant »

bsongy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:59 am Hiro announces over the intercomm "Our next destination options are the worlds Saag, Prasanskaran and Paaravahan. I propose Saag looks like the best option, being a captive world, rich and lower law level, but I would like to hear anyone else's input. When we land I intend to pay our fees and bills, collect the delivered parts, as well as collect our payment for the scout data. If I could, I would like 2 or more crew members to accompany me with shotguns as security, since I will be carrying around quantities of cash. If you are willing to serve as my security just speak up. Any recruits who are not with me will pull security on The Train to the Stars while she is grounded. Everyone else, make preparations for immediate departure from the Grans system. Make any last minute purchases and arrangements."
Gunnar Thuanrssen "You're the Captain, your choice. For now i go where the ship goes." Gunnar preps engineering for the trip.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#428 Post by ateno »

Hiro asked me to add this before he went Luddite.

Ah, Gunner, could you also rebuild the water pump on the Cutter, I remember you reported it was bad, after that, fill it for duty on the way to jump?

Lorraine, would you look at the box of pistols in the weapons locker, check if they are functional and clean then and provide a list of ammo for 500 rods apiece. Any worthless 8n your opinion, chuck 'em.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#429 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen "Soon as i'm done prepping the engines i'll get on to the cutter."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by max_vale »

Lorraine Hawkins

Lorraine replies with an “Aye-aye” and gets to work on the weapons…….

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#431 Post by ateno »

The parts and life support is loaded on board and paid for, a almost half a mil is added to the Trains accounts for payuments for cargo unload last week.

The data from the scout ship is unlocked and calling the number you get Mel the Operations Director. "Your back, excellent, could you meet me in the office and I will put together your payment as agreed.

Please put a team together Garett

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:17 am The parts and life support is loaded on board and paid for, a almost half a mil is added to the Trains accounts for payuments for cargo unload last week.

The data from the scout ship is unlocked and calling the number you get Mel the Operations Director. "Your back, excellent, could you meet me in the office and I will put together your payment as agreed.

Please put a team together Garett
"I will do that," Garett replies. She comms Hiro. "I need another person to accompany me to pick up our payment for the scout ship data."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

Would be fine with other Crew preferring to play shotgun besides Hiro. He can take the extra time to research info on the three named worlds, anything that might pique his interest beyond what is commonly known regarding them.

Then go over expected routines such as checking astrogation and navigation to them, fuel consumption expectations, any recent conditions nearby (solar flares, space pirates, rogue asteroids); the usual pre-journey planning ahead.

So he gets on the computers to make a few notes.

Marco: Electronics (Comms) +1 skills check and Edu +1 [2d6+2]=10+2=12
So I don't ooc know anything about the named worlds and I was waiting on some ic information following my research and skills check to help me make an informed decision on my recommended choice of destination.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by The Bindoner »

joertexas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:56 am
"I will do that," Garett replies. She comms Hiro. "I need another person to accompany me to pick up our payment for the scout ship data."
Monte : I'd be happy to ride shotgun with you. I've got some bills to pay around the place for Hiro anyway, it'll be nice to add a cash pick-up to the round, if you don't mind

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#435 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:55 pm
joertexas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:56 am
Monte : I'd be happy to ride shotgun with you. I've got some bills to pay around the place for Hiro anyway, it'll be nice to add a cash pick-up to the round, if you don't mind
"I don't mind at all," Garett replies. "We can ask Hiro."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#436 Post by The Bindoner »

joertexas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:36 pm
"I don't mind at all," Garett replies. "We can ask Hiro."
He gave me the cash and the list of people to pay, I think he'll be fine with it.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#437 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:27 pmHe gave me the cash and the list of people to pay, I think he'll be fine with it.
Garett smiles and nods. "Good, then that's settled. Should I take a weapon?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#438 Post by ateno »

Stirling wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:29 pm
So he gets on the computers to make a few notes.

Marco: Electronics (Comms) +1 skills check and Edu +1 [2d6+2]=10+2=12

So I don't ooc know anything about the named worlds and I was waiting on some ic information following my research and skills check to help me make an informed decision on my recommended choice of destination.
There are traveller upp's and maps available on this site. Rolling the dice...

Ignoring the low tech and little/no starport worlds:

Tillgang is a a bureaucracy world, and not that fun, imperial presence.
Paaravahan another imperial shipping would for things to the other subsector that is full of nobles. customs.
Prasanskaran food processing, everything from the breadbasket comes here, some pollution, and lots of food.
Saag again run by police, but wide acres of farms, Marco has been here before and might know a customs official, the planet is kept quiet, but there is a wide idea of unhappiness with the constant suppression.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#439 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:22 am Garett smiles and nods. "Good, then that's settled. Should I take a weapon?"
...you were authorized to bring 2 crewmen with shotguns...

You set up a time withing a couple hours "You're back, great to hear it, succesful I hope."

After travelling there, you are seated and given a copy of current assay prices.

"So where is my man? I see you have brought my data and thats what we have hired you for, but I need to know where the scout is.

After word is brought that the date is clear and uninirruped. "The company thanks you. We promised a month worth of ships expenses, a bit more than we thought, after taking into account salaries, potential cargo and maintiance is about 390,000 credits, with the assay sheet you received earlier is about 80 lbs of gold. I understand spacement like easily transferable wealth.

He shows you 4 bars of gold at 20 lbs each. There is also a gold saw. "You may saw these and keep the dust if you wish to make sure we are not cheating you. We would like to keep you happy. incase we do business again, there are few truly free ships that stop here. Current assay price is just under 395000 credits.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#440 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:23 am
joertexas wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:22 am Garett smiles and nods. "Good, then that's settled. Should I take a weapon?"
...you were authorized to bring 2 crewmen with shotguns...

You set up a time withing a couple hours "You're back, great to hear it, succesful I hope."

After travelling there, you are seated and given a copy of current assay prices.

"So where is my man? I see you have brought my data and thats what we have hired you for, but I need to know where the scout is.

After word is brought that the date is clear and uninirruped. "The company thanks you. We promised a month worth of ships expenses, a bit more than we thought, after taking into account salaries, potential cargo and maintiance is about 390,000 credits, with the assay sheet you received earlier is about 80 lbs of gold. I understand spacement like easily transferable wealth.

He shows you 4 bars of gold at 20 lbs each. There is also a gold saw. "You may saw these and keep the dust if you wish to make sure we are not cheating you. We would like to keep you happy. incase we do business again, there are few truly free ships that stop here. Current assay price is just under 395000 credits.
Garett shoots a glance at Monte for his reaction.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”