Adventure on the p[lanet Grans

ateno
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Adventure on the p[lanet Grans

#441 Post by ateno »

max_vale wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:54 pm Lorraine Hawkins

Lorraine replies with an “Aye-aye” and gets to work on the weapons…….
Of those 9 are broken or to far gone or not worth cleaning, leaving 54
servicable Pistols:

1 Zipgun
2 Heavy Derringers
1 light Derringer
6 revolvers
3 Light Autopistols 8 clips
4 Autopistols 4 clips
1 Autopistol 3 clips
2 Heavy Autopistols 3 clips
4 Heavy revolvers
1 Very Havy Revolver
2 two twin cylinder revolvers
2 Very Heavy autopistol 1 clip
2 HEAP gun
5 body pistols
1 Heavy body pistol
1 Flechette Pistol
1 Light Assult pistol 4 clips
2 short Shotguns
5 snub pistols 10 clips
2 Accelator Pistol 1 clip
1 Navy Model Gauss Pistol, 3 clips
1 Hand Flamers
1 Inferno Revolver
3 Tranq pistols
1 Splinter pistol with 5 reloads

All these pistols will need a hour or two of care before they are ready to use
without problem. They have been badly stored and not new, also some
have been put away after firing. No ammo except the splinter weapon
Which the ammo is hidden. Questions?

All weapons from Supplement 4: Central Supply Cataloge, if interested, PM me.
Last edited by ateno on Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by The Bindoner »

...you were authorized to bring 2 crewmen with shotguns...

You set up a time within a couple hours "You're back, great to hear it, successful I hope."

After travelling there, you are seated and given a copy of current assay prices.

"So where is my man? I see you have brought my data and that’s what we have hired you for, but I need to know where the scout is.

After word is brought that the date is clear and uninirruped. "The company thanks you. We promised a month worth of ships expenses, a bit more than we thought, after taking into account salaries, potential cargo and maintiance is about 390,000 credits, with the assay sheet you received earlier is about 80 lbs of gold. I understand spacemen like easily transferable wealth.

He shows you 4 bars of gold at 20 lbs each. There is also a gold saw. "You may saw these and keep the dust if you wish to make sure we are not cheating you. We would like to keep you happy. incase we do business again, there are few truly free ships that stop here. Current assay price is just under 395000 credits.

Monte explains why the Scout had to make his own way back (a case of Quarantine, essentially), and the arrangements made to do so.

Monte smiles at the presentation of the gold bars. I think we have a translation problem there. Easily transferable is one thing, easily convertible another. Gold is the second, not the first. I am happy to be paid in gold, but moving it to the ship was not something we had planned for.

If you don’t mind, I’d like to arrange for a vehicle from our ship to meet us here to securely move the bars?

Catching Garret’s glance and grinning a little wider, Monte addresses the businessman in a friendly manner, making a joke of the thing: Now, let’s have a play with this saw of yours, while we wait. I know, you probably thought we would trust you because you offered the test, but I’m an Engineer, and I can’t resist the chance to investigate the characteristics of a metal.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#443 Post by ateno »

"I totally understand, please, test the gold, its from this planet. Let me know when you ship is coming and I will clear the road outside."

Who you going to call? Garrett is fussing with engines and Loraine is busy with pistols. Perehaps one of the guards?

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by The Bindoner »

Who you going to call? Garrett is fussing with engines and Lorraine is busy with pistols. Perhaps one of the guards?
Naddie was an entertaining grav pilot, let's give her some more practice :D

EDIT

Another, armed, guard should ride along.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

Shrugs, checking through data, world updates, recent news and blues in each world.

"Saag?" He mulls over opinions and options deciding to recommend that planet on the basis that any subterfuge might be low key and we can get some lucrative trade going .

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#446 Post by ateno »

The Bindoner wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:54 pm Catching Garret’s glance and grinning a little wider, Monte addresses the businessman in a friendly manner, making a joke of the thing: Now, let’s have a play with this saw of yours, while we wait. I know, you probably thought we would trust you because you offered the test, but I’m an Engineer, and I can’t resist the chance to investigate the characteristics of a metal.
"Should we be worried ? Could he die? Do you know what sickness? If its the Red Death, that would be horrible.

"Should I get a scale? Hold on, I will.

All the bricks are the same weight as far as you can tell using the equipment provided. You figure your accurate to about 0.1% Sawining into a brick shows consistent metal with some bubbles, no small brick of lead or tungesten inside your sample. Your comparing the dust when you get a call from Dundee.

"We are approaching, out front, looks like we will be blocking traffic, Could I get a ETA Officer Monte? Officer Garett?"

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#447 Post by ateno »

Stirling wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:01 pm "Saag?" He mulls over opinions and options deciding to recommend that planet on the basis that any subterfuge might be low key and we can get some lucrative trade going .
Your acquaintiance on Saag was a Senior Sergeant in Customs, you dealt with him during your time in the beginning of your time in the Merchant Marines. You both went out for local Dinner and drinks after land fall the two times you stopped here.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:29 am
All the bricks are the same weight as far as you can tell using the equipment provided. You figure your accurate to about 0.1% Sawining into a brick shows consistent metal with some bubbles, no small brick of lead or tungesten inside your sample. Your comparing the dust when you get a call from Dundee.

"We are approaching, out front, looks like we will be blocking traffic, Could I get a ETA Officer Monte? Officer Garett?"
Garett looks to the official. "Do you have a person to help us carry these outside? Our ship will be landing shortly."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#449 Post by ateno »

[quote=joertexas post_id=625650 time=1661867358
Garett looks to the official. "Do you have a person to help us carry these outside? Our ship will be landing shortly."
[/quote]

"What the wonderous star people can't carry 2 bricks?

He smiles

"Errca could you help us please."

The woman who gave you the copy of assay comes in and after instruction grabs one of the bricks.

The grav ship has landed and Dundee is standing on top of it with his shotgun.

You enter with the gold and start back to the ship.

Garett it seems the plantet is Saag, you can start the navigation.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#450 Post by bsongy »

I am returned from vacation. I am back to being active on the boards.

Hiro awakens, showers and dresses. Though dressing casually in his typical tans and browns, Hiro takes meticulous care to make sure each item is in place. After tying his hair back, into a pony tail, using a leather strap, he dones his armored grav cycle boots and finishes strapping on his gun belt, the oxy-acetylene unit fully topped up.

Walking out to the crew area, Hiro retrieves a mug and fixes a mug of tea, green tea without any additions. For a few moments, he stands quietly and just sips his tea, leaning up against the bulkhead door. Before he departs, he notes which recruits are in the crew area, off duty.

Hiro first walks down to engineering and sees how Gunnar is getting along, listening to anything he has to say, helping out if he needs any assistance.

Then passing through the cargo hold, he first checks on Lorraine, who is sorting through the big box of firearms, and then the recruits who are on guard duty outside. There should be two recruits now, on guard at the bottom of the starboard airlock, in uniform and armed with shotguns; Hiro looks first out the airlock window, then exits the airlock, speaking to the recruist, noting whether they are alert and attentive, and in the proper locations.

After Lorraine and the recruits on guard duty, Hiro heads up to the bridge. He note Garrett working on jump coordinates. He refrains from interrupting her work, only noting the name of the planet, Saag, on her working notes.

Hiro slouches into the captain's chair, on the bridge, still sipping his now luke warm tea. He dials the communications panel in to the communications channel used by the crews personal communicators. Hiro transmits to Marco & Monte, "Hiro monitoring and on standby."

Hiro continues to sip his tea.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by max_vale »

Lorraine Hawkins

Lorraine will take some notes and then go to the rest of the crew and tell them of the haul of weapons to see what they'd like to do with them (keep some, sell some, etc., etc.).....

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:36 am
Garett it seems the plantet is Saag, you can start the navigation.
Garett leaves the gold handling to Monte and, after a quick visit to her quarters, she returns to the bridge. She sits down at an open bridge station and configures the displays for astrogation. "Okay, Saag," she mutters to herself as she manipulates the starmaps. "Where are you going, little devil?" She consults the hyperspace logs as the automated nav system builds the flight profile for the jump drive to follow. Automation is a good thing, she thinks, but only dead astrogators don't bother to verify flight profiles.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#453 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen "We should stock the ship's armory with a lot of those weapons."

Gunnar then heads to engineering to prep for the trip. "Engineering to Bridge - all set, ready to engage when you are."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#454 Post by ateno »

The Train get clearance for departure.

Heading up out of atmosphere and out to the jump point, 2.2 days.

Any actions on the trip out or while jump? Trading, charts, maintainence, etc.

Once we finish we will start a new chapter, Saag.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte carefully gathers up the dust and helps carry the bars.

Back on the ship, he uses the more sophisticated equipment in his Engineer's toolkit to perform an assay. He isn't really expecting to find any problems, just practising.

With no other errands to run, after completing those Hiro set him, Monte makes a pre-flight walk-around of the ship's Engineering section before taking his station to monitor performance and power supply on the flight to Jump.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#456 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen will do routine maintenance in engineering, a well as check out the guns retrieved.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#457 Post by ateno »

The Bindoner wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:53 pm Back on the ship, he uses the more sophisticated equipment in his Engineer's toolkit to perform an assay. He isn't really expecting to find any problems, just practising.
The gold comes out about standard for the local tech level, dosimeter shows no chunks of containment, there is a secret area you can hide the gold that your cousin told you about forward behind the bar on Deck 2 forward above where a chin gun would go, if you wish to secure it there.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#458 Post by ateno »

cybersavant wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:09 am Gunnar Thunarssen will do routine maintenance in engineering, a well as check out the guns retrieved.
The train could use some maintenance, but you need equipment, luckily the next planet should be able to handle monthly supplies and generalized parts.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#459 Post by ateno »

Please go to Saag 01 for continuation.

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”