Meeting With Pelltar

OGRE MAGE
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Meeting With Pelltar

#61 Post by Quonundrum »

Lestadt

Lestadt's expression is one of confusion when the guard mentions the murder, quickly turning to one of shocked disbelief when the priest of Osprem, Harper, is also implied as a suspect. "The Baron's murder? Well, yes, of course everybody is talking about it ... wait, you mean that priest is a suspect!" He leans in closer, whispering the last part in alarm. "I didn't hear any specifics, mind, too busy making ready to leave town while we're in the eye of the storm. If you catch my meaning."

He steps back and looks at the gate, then the coach, and finally back along the street into town, like one who is reconsidering his travel plans. "I heard rumor the priest lives in Garrotten, but you're saying he could be the killer?" His face contorts as one mulling over a difficult decision. "He's an old man though ... how's that possible? Well, it sounds like that bard is probably more like it, right?"

"Appreciate you telling me, his playing wasn't that good. I want nothing to do with this sordid business." Lestadt tosses the platinum coin to the guard. "Oh, right, name is Michault. Yes, that's right, with a 'ch'." He watches as the guard enters his alias into the log book, then climbs back into the coach, closing the door behind him.
Last edited by Quonundrum on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Zahra

The second Lestadt is in she bands on the ceiling for the driver to get moving.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#63 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With only 2 players posting, this game will go even quicker than I thought.

To Garrotten!

With the questioning over almost before it starts, Lestadt hops back into the carriage and Zahra ushers the driver forward. They hear the guard call out as they depart. "Hey thanks mister, I mean Michault! Never actually held a platinum coin before. That's more than I make in a whole month at this job!"

The coach pulls away from the gate and Redgrave thinks he spots someone he recognizes watching their departure from the wall above. The figure is hooded in robes, making them difficult to see clearly. Give me a D20 roll targeting your Wisdom or less, please.

The afternoon is actually perfect for the long ride to Garrotten, with warm sunshine and a cool west breeze coming off the sea. Birds chirp and sing while the local squirrels chatter from the tree branches along the road. After a few hours pass, with Redgrave cleansing his bad air along the way, the niceness of the ride for those cramped inside wears off rather quickly.

Garvis the driver is about as talkative as a mute, but the dwarf does manage to entice a sentence or two along the way. "The main blacksmithing stuff is done in the castle, but I think they got a weaponsmith and an armorer in town. You should definitely look up the armorer. I think you would get a kick out of that one. Lousy half-orc!" "And I don't! Stay there, in town. Ever! You do know what they say about Garrotten, right? Why do you think the Pelltar wont go there himself?"

About a half mile before the driver was going to let you out so he can return to Restonford, (about a mile and a half from town) you all see an old woman lying on the ground along the side of the road. There is an overturned wheelbarrow next to her, but you cant tell from the coach what might have happened here.

Actions?

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Bluetongue »

Quicksilver Carling

Hasn't much sympathy for old ladies knocked over in the road, particularly miles from a town with such a poor reputation.

"Old grandma? I should think more like a wolf in granny's clothing, a bandit ambush waiting to happen."

He says reaching for his weapons. He anticipates those with more heart may want to assist. If the carriage does stop he will exit and try to hide in any foliage and hedgerows that line the road.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by gurusql »

Draxon

Draxon will send Vorpal out to the trees to get another angle on the situation and if there are others getting out he will do so in the 2nd or 3rd wave.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Ashley remains seated in the carriage, waiting to see if any of her gentleman companions will display compassion for the old woman in need.

If not, she will get out herself and cautiously approach, stopping a comfortable dozen feet or so before reaching her. "Are you alright, ma'am?" she'll query, trying to gain a better feel of the situation before formally engaging.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Spearmint »

Redgrave

Readies his crossbow. He understands Carling's sentiments and would probably agree with him. Yet stopping to help a local in her time of need might also be good. He allows the driver to dictate wether he stops or not.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Quonundrum »

Lestadt(Michault)

Lestadt nods in agreement with his fellow robber, er, thief. "Indeed ... an old woman to be so far from town pushing a wheelbarrow of all things. The guard recognized this coach as Pelltar's. If he did, then the assassin or an accomplice may have as well ... perhaps even anticipating the wizard himself will travel to Garrotten to investigate. Let's not show our whole hand, yet. Only Redgrave and myself have been visible to spies ..."

Assuming the coach stops, he exits and careful closes the door behind him, then pompously strides up to the driver and Redgrave. "What's this now? Why have we stopped?" He says with an exaggerated tone of importance. "This coach is on loan and I would rather not irritate the owner by sending it back late!"

Lestadt glances about in an aggrieved huff and obviously notices the prone women. "Oh, dear! Excuse me, madame! Are you hurt? Do you need any help?" He doesn't approach, but scans the area with his peripheral vision for any concealed threats.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by gurusql »

Draxon

Draxon will wait for Le-Mic to signal that he needs help before getting out.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

Zahra

Zahra will wait in the coach, ready to jump out and help if something goes wrong.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#71 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Let’s continue the action in a more appropriately titled thread over here:

viewtopic.php?f=1207&t=11751

Return to “L2 The Assassin’s Knot (1e)”