What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

#441 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'd be up for a Middle Earth game too. I think at one time we had someone that ran a Game of Thrones game on here but not a Middle Earth one. Then again I may just have missed it if someone did.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by rredmond »

Dr. Who would be interesting. A buddy of mine created a Grimjack RPG in college I always wanted to try out in PbP. Still have those somewhere: GrimRules or some such.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#443 Post by Stirling »

I was reading through a few modules and games set in Highport of the Greyhawk setting Pomarj fame and the original scene for the much lauded Slavers series.

Danger at Darkshelf Quarry and Lowdown in Highport are two pre-Slaver modules that could feasible be run with players as humanoid characters based in Highport and the wider setting for urban based adventures.

Any thoughts or interests in a 1e D&D with Half-Orcs, Gnolls & Kobolds?

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#444 Post by Edeldhur »

Stirling wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm I was reading through a few modules and games set in Highport of the Greyhawk setting Pomarj fame and the original scene for the much lauded Slavers series.

Danger at Darkshelf Quarry and Lowdown in Highport are two pre-Slaver modules that could feasible be run with players as humanoid characters based in Highport and the wider setting for urban based adventures.

Interested! Heard a lot about A0, but never had a chance to play it. Now that we are talking about it. never played the Slavers series either :P

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#445 Post by Rex »

To be clear I have never played any Doctor Who RPG. Just like the show and would be willing to try one.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Rex »

Stirling wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm I was reading through a few modules and games set in Highport of the Greyhawk setting Pomarj fame and the original scene for the much lauded Slavers series.

I would be interested, sounds like fun. I have run and played the slaver series. Really enjoyed them.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by Rex »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:44 am I'd be up for a Middle Earth game too. I think at one time we had someone that ran a Game of Thrones game on here but not a Middle Earth one. Then again I may just have missed it if someone did.
Inferno ran a Middle Earth game on here I was in. Used 1E for the rules. Great game.

Someone else did one on here with some Middle Earth rules but we never got beyond making characters.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by Spearmint »

The concept might be fun as long as the players don't run around as assassin murder-hobos committing heinous acts with impunity. You can be chaotic without being outright evil. Maybe have some pre-gens such as the Revenge on the Keep had to bring a starting balance?

Interested if you can get it off the ground.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#449 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:38 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:44 am I'd be up for a Middle Earth game too. I think at one time we had someone that ran a Game of Thrones game on here but not a Middle Earth one. Then again I may just have missed it if someone did.
Inferno ran a Middle Earth game on here I was in. Used 1E for the rules. Great game.

Someone else did one on here with some Middle Earth rules but we never got beyond making characters.
I feel like I might have joined that game later on. Sounds familiar.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#450 Post by TheMyth »

I have an Interest Check post for a Doctor Who: Adventures in Tine and Space RPG pbp here:

viewtopic.php?t=13364

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#451 Post by grokkngrognard »

I’d like to run a sci-fi game without mentioning Traveller or Star Frontiers. I love “hard” sci-fi so it would be something like Death In Space or Zozer’s Hostile setting using Cepheus Engine. Is there a “hell, yeah!” for this kind of genre?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Keehnelf »

You had me until "without mentioning Traveller" ;)

I wish I had capacity to join another game, despite my snark. Sci-fi would be lovely!

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#453 Post by Thumper »

SWN!!!! I love the Traveller-esque feel but simplisity of rules of Stars Without Number.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by hedgeknight »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:38 pm Inferno ran a Middle Earth game on here I was in. Used 1E for the rules. Great game.
I really had a lot of fun in Inferno's Middle Earth game!
Winter is coming...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by rredmond »

hedgeknight wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:11 pm
Rex wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:38 pm Inferno ran a Middle Earth game on here I was in. Used 1E for the rules. Great game.
I really had a lot of fun in Inferno's Middle Earth game!
+1
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by Marullus »

Thumper wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:05 am SWN!!!! I love the Traveller-esque feel but simplisity of rules of Stars Without Number.
+1

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#457 Post by subaltari »

Yeah, SWN looks pretty sweet. White Star RPG is fun too, with more of a kitchen-sink feel.

The ultimate OSR sci-fi, though, is the fan published Humanspace Empires ‒ Tékumel in space!
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#458 Post by tristenc »

Has anyone ever played the "Witcher" ttrpg? A friend and myself are interested in playing one. She may start a game if we can't find someone to run it.

There is a Really thorough review of the system here:
https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/18/18477.phtml

Warning, the review is kinda long but seems really comprehensive

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Rex »

I have the rules and have read through them a couple of times. I am a fan of the books, the TV show is not as good and I don't play video games so no comment on that. I would be willing to play in a pbp game, but have no interest in running a game.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#460 Post by cybersavant »

tried to get in a game once, my memory is fuzzy - either i didn't get accepted or the game died before it began
i remember creating a character, but forget what it was
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Return to “Looking for players or games”