What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

#421 Post by Leitz »

Only two fools...err...brave souls ready to leap upon the bounding main?

Mechanics and Chargen posted. First action post tomorrow evening; chargen can be fluid for the first couple of days.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#422 Post by Eris »

Shadowdark?

Is there interest here in a game of Shadowdark?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#423 Post by Edeldhur »

I would play some Shadowdark.
Would also play some Swords & Wizardry, B/X, BECMI, OSE, OSRIC, LL, BFRPG, AD&D2e, 5e (if kept simple), PF1 (if core only, or extremely close to it).
So just a few things :D
Last edited by Edeldhur on Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by shaidar »

I brought the pdf's, but sadly the game never happened here, so I'd be interested.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#425 Post by Eris »

Looks like some interest in Shadowdark, so let's see if we can make it happen.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#426 Post by tristenc »

noral_GM_Nowruz wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:26 pm Hello everyone, I hope that you’re well!

I already posted the below in the introductions section and was advised that it would make sense to post here as well. :-) So sorry if you read this before.

I am looking for a vampire play by post game here on the forums and would appreciate a message in case you know if any game!

Werewolf or Mage would also be an option but Vampire would be preferable. ;-)

Thanks a lot!

I would also be very interested in a VtM or V:DA game here. Played a few times in my youth (cough some decades ago) and recently missed out on an opportunity to play on another site.
Last edited by tristenc on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#427 Post by Gremlin »

I was in a couple of Vampire games here, but neither one lasted very long. I'd be up to try another one, though I don't like V5 so I'd pass on that edition.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#428 Post by Edeldhur »

Believe it or not, I would love to play in a 5e game. Strange as it may seem with all the success around it, I’ve had almost zero chances to play it. And the few games I ever joined quickly faded out. Would like a chance to play it in its earlier iterations - Core would be enough for me :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Leitz »

Hey all! If you want to get into a game, or to start a game, this is the best thread to post to. The reason is pretty simple; a lot of people have subscribed to this thread, and they get notifications when you post. Posting here first also helps keep the rest of this subforum a little bit more organized. There are thirty or so pages!

Usually folks post on this thread first, get the widest visibility possible, and then know within a day or so if there are like minds and brave souls who want to band together. It also means you might reach folks who haven't logged on for a few months, but who could really use a good game.

Something to think about.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by Keehnelf »

Thanks, Leitz! Not a protocol I was aware of but glad to use it :)

Anyone who didn't see my other thread curious about Ars Magica? Looking for a mellow, sluggishly-paced small group.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by jemmus »

I think Leitz knows what he's talking about about this being the place to find players for a new game. And often people discuss Session 0 ideas and expectations to help GM visualize how they want to go. I don't know Ars Magica, but it sure does look interesting. I'd be interested in a sluggish paced game, especially an RP, storytelling-oriented one.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by Rex »

Interest check for a Purple Planet DCC game.
grokkngrognard wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 pm Hello Unseen Servants! Truth told, I was expecting to just find a game to join as a player but I saw a DCC game on a thread.

YEEEESSSSSS

Now I am inspired to start a DCC game with the sword-and-planet setting of the Purple Planet. Players are 3rd or 4th level characters (deciding on the module, tba) that find themselves on an alien world, each a stranger to each other yet needs to come together to survive the perils of the Purple Planet!

I’ve DMed for years and I’m learning my way around PbP style gaming. I’m looking at say, around 2 posts per week which I think is a manageable expectation.
Here is the link to the post. I am in, looking for some more players.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#433 Post by Edeldhur »

Wouldn't mind a game of Swords & Wizardry or, for something completely different (and polemic) D&D4e ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#434 Post by dmw71 »

Edeldhur wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:11 pm ...or, for something completely different (and polemic) D&D4e ;)
I have barely any familiarity with 4e, but my understanding is that it's extremely tactical. I wonder how something like that would play in a play-by-post format? :?:

I may be way off, but I got 4e vibes while getting to know the HarnMaster rule system.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#435 Post by TheMyth »

I've been re-reading my Limited Edition Version of the Doctor Who:Adventures in Time & Space rpg.

I never got a chance to play it (or Pulp Fantastic, which uses the same rules).

I keep thinking it might work well with pbp, but don't know, never having actually played it.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#436 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well I have a Walking Dead RPG box set and i have seen a PHB out there I wouldn't mind giving that go one day. Plan is to try the box set at home or with friends at some point. :)

I would be up for that Doctor Who game :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#437 Post by Rex »

I am a fan of the older Doctor Who, haven't seen the newer stuff to say. I would give a Doctor Who game a try.

Dave, as far as comparing 4e and HarnMaster I have no idea. I have a lot of experience with HarnMaster, but never played 3e or 4e. It isn't like 5e at all.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#438 Post by cybersavant »

ooh, Dr Who - i don't have the new rues, do have the old ones somewhere in storage - -big fan of the show, favs are #4 & #10
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#439 Post by TheMyth »

All you WHO RPG fans:

I presume you mean the FASA Doctor Who game, yes? I fell out of love with it over time.

There's also a roleplaying game called Timelord that was really cool. The rules used to available free online.

Then there's the more recent game from Cubicle 7, originally titled Adventures in Time and Space (1e), then eventually revised with stuff added from supplements to Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space (2e). This is the game that I own now in hard copy.

I hear there is a re-revised 3e, but I do not own that...and the revisions do not sound appealing to me. And there's card games and miniature games and video games... Oh my!

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#440 Post by Edeldhur »

Hmmmmm, I never played Dr Who.

But I just remembered I would also like to give Adventures in Middle Earth a try - I hear it is an amazing product, with very good tweaks to 5e.

Return to “Looking for players or games”