(14) Tionale - In Search of a Lady

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (14) Tionale - In Search of a Lady

#41 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun agrees "Supplies we might have to bargain for but a dip in a lake or ocean costs us nothing but the time and effort. Connie can refine the fuel while we begin to ask after Freida Marie's whereabouts".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:22 am
Keven wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:59 am
joertexas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:54 am

"So, we get some supplies for our outbound trip, refuel, and return to orbit?" Zaki looks at Pedro as she speaks.
"Sounds like a plan, love. Though the merchies on Phlume want to skin us alive for any credit we have. Gonna take a good bit to pry cash outta those chodas."
"We do need the supplies, so it can't be helped," Zaki replies with a shrug. "Maybe you can help negotiate a better deal." She smiles at him.
"I certainly hope so, hon." He smiles at her again. "Of course, we COULD just double up on life support consumables here..."
Tiglath wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:06 pm Sigrun agrees "Supplies we might have to bargain for but a dip in a lake or ocean costs us nothing but the time and effort. Connie can refine the fuel while we begin to ask after Freida Marie's whereabouts".

"No gas giant here. We WILL have to ask permission, or else fill up on the far side of the planet and hope we can outrun the revenue cutters when they figure it out." He grins.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:22 am
Keven wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:59 am
joertexas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:54 am

"So, we get some supplies for our outbound trip, refuel, and return to orbit?" Zaki looks at Pedro as she speaks.
"Sounds like a plan, love. Though the merchies on Phlume want to skin us alive for any credit we have. Gonna take a good bit to pry cash outta those chodas."
"We do need the supplies, so it can't be helped," Zaki replies with a shrug. "Maybe you can help negotiate a better deal." She smiles at him.
"Or, we can double up on consumables here." He grins.
Tiglath wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:06 pm Sigrun agrees "Supplies we might have to bargain for but a dip in a lake or ocean costs us nothing but the time and effort. Connie can refine the fuel while we begin to ask after Freida Marie's whereabouts".
"I think we have to ask permission. No gas giant in this system, and I'd hate to have to haul all the way out to the Oort Cloud to raid a snowball."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun gives her predatory grin and states "I'll tell orbital traffic management that we're performing oceanic refuelling and see if they object. No gas giant here but high hydro content on planet - I'm pretty sure no one will mind. Customs and local law are more... cautious on non Imperial worlds frequented by pirates and here in particular they are also much more... pragmatic".

She goes to the bridge and contacts Starport control to inform them of Connie's intention and, if required, her proposal to log a flight in orbit.

On her first hail she speaks Sagamaal only switching to accented Galanglic if not answered in kind.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:16 pm Sigrun gives her predatory grin and states "I'll tell orbital traffic management that we're performing oceanic refuelling and see if they object. No gas giant here but high hydro content on planet - I'm pretty sure no one will mind. Customs and local law are more... cautious on non Imperial worlds frequented by pirates and here in particular they are also much more... pragmatic".

She goes to the bridge and contacts Starport control to inform them of Connie's intention and, if required, her proposal to log a flight in orbit.

On her first hail she speaks Sagamaal only switching to accented Galanglic if not answered in kind.

"No problem!"
comes the reply, " Constance Malone, most ships passing through do water refueling here if they can refine their own. We have refined fuel for sale at the Port, though, if you'd rather."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun logs a provisional flight plan / notice of atmospheric flight and consults with Pedro about buying fuel.

While waiting on Pedro's decision she heads out to test her atmo mask, check out the Starport facilities and see if she can pick up any information from the Delgado traders.

(OOC: Just reminded myself that TheFallenSon is cued up to join the game and has been waiting a month! Maybe we should buy fuel, charge it to our patron as a business expense and get the new player onboard? ;) :) )

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by joertexas »

"I can search the local datanet while we refuel," Zaki suggests. "Maybe I can find some useful information."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Eris »

Connie Malone is soon hooked up to shore power and her AI is on full security. The crew make ready to leave her and step out onto the surface of Tionale.

Reminded that the atmosphere is overly rich in Nitrox Oxide by Connie you all make ready with filter plugs to go into your nostrils. The filter plugs will keep what you breath in through your nose at the proper levels for 8 hours before they have to be replaced with a fresh pair. If you are mouth breathers you will need to wear masks.

The M V class star Tionale orbits gives off an orange light through the atmosphere and the M II that that star orbits is on the horizon occupying almost half the sky out over a tan colored sea. You can see lush tropical looking trees away from the small port, also in shades of greenish brown. The buildings here on the small starport are all half cylinder metal constructions: a couple of warehouses, a small terminal and a utilities building from which lines snake out to your ship providing it with shore water and electricity. There is one other ship here on the ground, a 200 dton far trader which, from the state of the hull has seen better days...John Acavus is painted on its side.

You know there is another port on Tionale dedicated to Delgado Trading, who are performing the terraforming here that has divided people here on Tionale. That starport is barely visible out on an island in the bay about a mile away. It looks newer, better equipped and there is, at least, one 6-800 dton ship over there.

It comes as something of a surprise when you discover there is no customs or security to go there here. You can simply walk, or drive, through the open gates into the small town that backs onto the Starport property. The only sign you've passed from Port to Town is the chain link fence with an open gate and a metal sign on the other side that says, "Welcome to Plant City, pop 2823"...the 23 has been painted over and you 31 is still faintly visible beneath the new numbers.

Before you left the ship, a couple of messages from locals came through. Both the messages dealt with trade.

The first was from someone named Harval Pinnack who said he was a local broker and would like to talk to you about your cargo. He said he'd be at The Busy City Bar and would be happy to chat about cargo while providing your crew with a round of beers.

The second was from Gina Delgado..."no relation" she added. She is, also, a local broker. She wants to meet with you also, but at her place of business, Otherwise Imports and Exports, at your convenience anytime this afternoon.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:28 pm Connie Malone is soon hooked up to shore power and her AI is on full security. The crew make ready to leave her and step out onto the surface of Tionale.

Reminded that the atmosphere is overly rich in Nitrox Oxide by Connie you all make ready with filter plugs to go into your nostrils. The filter plugs will keep what you breath in through your nose at the proper levels for 8 hours before they have to be replaced with a fresh pair. If you are mouth breathers you will need to wear masks.

The M V class star Tionale orbits gives off an orange light through the atmosphere and the M II that that star orbits is on the horizon occupying almost half the sky out over a tan colored sea. You can see lush tropical looking trees away from the small port, also in shades of greenish brown. The buildings here on the small starport are all half cylinder metal constructions: a couple of warehouses, a small terminal and a utilities building from which lines snake out to your ship providing it with shore water and electricity. There is one other ship here on the ground, a 200 dton far trader which, from the state of the hull has seen better days...John Acavus is painted on its side.

You know there is another port on Tionale dedicated to Delgado Trading, who are performing the terraforming here that has divided people here on Tionale. That starport is barely visible out on an island in the bay about a mile away. It looks newer, better equipped and there is, at least, one 6-800 dton ship over there.

It comes as something of a surprise when you discover there is no customs or security to go there here. You can simply walk, or drive, through the open gates into the small town that backs onto the Starport property. The only sign you've passed from Port to Town is the chain link fence with an open gate and a metal sign on the other side that says, "Welcome to Plant City, pop 2823"...the 23 has been painted over and you 31 is still faintly visible beneath the new numbers.

Before you left the ship, a couple of messages from locals came through. Both the messages dealt with trade.

The first was from someone named Harval Pinnack who said he was a local broker and would like to talk to you about your cargo. He said he'd be at The Busy City Bar and would be happy to chat about cargo while providing your crew with a round of beers.

The second was from Gina Delgado..."no relation" she added. She is, also, a local broker. She wants to meet with you also, but at her place of business, Otherwise Imports and Exports, at your convenience anytime this afternoon.
Emily

OOC: What is the law level again?
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun says "Well, Harval Pinnack offers ale but Gina Delgado is professional enough to afford and operate out of an office. I suppose we should speak with both but the bar might be a good place to start and may also let us move the conversation from trade to asking around about Freida Marie".

(OOC: FWIW I've assumed the canonical Law Lvl 1).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:02 pm Sigrun says "Well, Harval Pinnack offers ale but Gina Delgado is professional enough to afford and operate out of an office. I suppose we should speak with both but the bar might be a good place to start and may also let us move the conversation from trade to asking around about Freida Marie".

(OOC: FWIW I've assumed the canonical Law Lvl 1).
"While you do that, maybe Carlos and I can see to provisioning the ship," Zaki says. "I will try to keep him out of trouble, but no promises."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:33 pm OOC: What is the law level again?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:21 pm "While you do that, maybe Carlos and I can see to provisioning the ship," Zaki says. "I will try to keep him out of trouble, but no promises."
Sigrun declares "Then I will speak with this Harval Pinnack at The Busy City Bar. I will get a price from him for our goods but not make the sale. While I am there I will see what information I can turn up regarding opposition to Delgado Trading, Imperial interests or the likely whereabouts of Freida Marie and her new "friends".

Unless anyone else wants to join in Sigrun will go along to the bar with John Lee.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:32 am
terrymixon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:33 pm OOC: What is the law level again?
You’re trying to mock my old eyes. ;)

EDIT: It's much more readable on my PC. It was incomprehensible on my phone. ;)
Last edited by terrymixon on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:17 pm
joertexas wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:21 pm "While you do that, maybe Carlos and I can see to provisioning the ship," Zaki says. "I will try to keep him out of trouble, but no promises."
Sigrun declares "Then I will speak with this Harval Pinnack at The Busy City Bar. I will get a price from him for our goods but not make the sale. While I am there I will see what information I can turn up regarding opposition to Delgado Trading, Imperial interests or the likely whereabouts of Freida Marie and her new "friends".

Unless anyone else wants to join in Sigrun will go along to the bar with John Lee.
Emily will go along.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:17 pm

"Actually, Sigrun, I'd like to do the deals with the locals. I've been studying Connie's trading diary, looking to learn brokering. We need this since our banker left us in the lurch." He sips some zapana. "And one of the 'things' about back home was, a trader never did business in the office before meeting a contact in a bar first to get a 'feel' on them first. Hell, go over the border into Reavers Deep, a bar was the office of the better brokers."
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun immediately allows "You will surely get a better offer and be able to complete our business deal! I was using the meeting as a chance to gather some local Intelligence and get a "bid" from the broker - not to finalise any transaction. I can make my enquiries much better from the sidelines".

She smiles "If you wish Emily and I can come along anyway as your "associate partners" - just in case he offers you a rate on some "second hand cargo" or tries to steal your wallet".

Whichever way up Sigrun hits the local bars trying to scare up some info on anti Imperial/Delgado groups that might be a refuge for Freida Marie.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Eris »

Been waiting...too long...for a confirmation about who is going where. I'm going to make an assumption, we'll retrocon if we need to do so. TheFallenSon's PC (if he hasn't given up on us is waiting in the bar and will want to make the acquaintance of any new spacers in town as he wants a ride out of Dodge, so to speak.

Carlos, Emily, Sigrun, and John Lee are going to The Busy City Bar to meet with Harval Pinnack now. Carlos makes an appointment to meet with Gina Delgado of Otherworld Imports and Exports [I mistyped earlier it's Otherworld not Otherwise :)] for later in the afternoon. The wave good bye to Zaki and Pedro who are at the computer digging into the system for information about the local situation, in one case, and into refueling procedures on the other.

OOC: I assume, again, that Carlos, Emily and Sigrun have nose filters or face masks (tell me which) as they cycle through the airlock and head into the small town. John Lee has a full face mask.

"Let's walk." suggests John Lee, his voice sounding a bit tinny as it comes through the mask, "It's only about a half klick according to the map I've pulled up on my comp."

"Growing town." John Lee chuckles pointing at the town sign where 2831 has clearly been painted out and replaced with 2823. Busy Bar should be up this street and to the right at the first corner."

There are few people on the sidewalk, all are wearing masks or filter plugs in their nostrils and all seem to keep an eye on your group as it passes. They don't appear friendly, but are curious.

"That one." John Lee points at a small building with a wooden sign hanging over the door, The Busy Bee.

Holding the door open he says to Sigrun, "After you." he continues to hold the door to let the others in and enters after you into an airlock. With the excess nitrous oxide in the air buildings need to keep it outside, hence the airlock.

Cycling through, you enter a quite bar room. There is a bar along the back wall where a barman is lazily toweling the bartop. Only four patrons are in the joint. There are a pair of men at a table near the center of the room chatting and drinking from beer mugs. Another man, middle aged with a receding hairline and overweight, is seated at a table on the right side of the room with a folder of papers in front of him, eating a sandwich while he flips through his stack of paper. The fourth man is at a table over in the left far corner with a mug in front of him...(That's TheFallenSon's PC, if he introduces himself). All five of the men look up and at you curiously as you enter the bar.

The man at the table on the right waves and calls out, "You from the Constance Malone? I'm Harval Pinnack!" turning to the barman he continues, "Get these folks anything they want on my tab, Charlie."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by joertexas »

Zaki starts her investigation with a general data dump on local news and trending subjects on their infonet.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:02 pm
OOC: I assume, again, that Carlos, Emily and Sigrun have nose filters or face masks (tell me which) as they cycle through the airlock and head into the small town. John Lee has a full face mask.
Emily has nose filters.
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:02 pm
The man at the table on the right waves and calls out, "You from the Constance Malone? I'm Harval Pinnack!" turning to the barman he continues, "Get these folks anything they want on my tab, Charlie."
Emily will follow their lead.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”