Erillion OOC

Lance
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Erillion OOC

#81 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Could I suggest that we supply Adras with Padded armour (4gp). It will help him keep warm and will protect him to some degree while he undertakes his duties.

That would then allow 10 person-days (2gp) of standard rations to be procured (they are unlikely to rot before being consumed) if they are eaten first.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rex »

Works for me.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I know this is set to be a dungeon crawl, but what is the terrain outside? How warm is it? How wet is it?

Is the ambient temperature likely to be just above freezing or much warmer?
Do we need to worry about de-hydration? Flooding?
Are the rocks weathered and smooth or sharp?

Has anyone inside set a watch? Should we expect a bunch of nasties, exiting from a postern to follow us in? Or a group of locals to gather at the entrance and mug us on the way out?

If the crypt used to be a pilgrimage centre, are there ruins of a town of trinket sellers outside? If so were the houses stone or wood or clay?

How big is this island? A bunch of hungry monsters will clear a small one of edibles really quickly. The rumour of a shepherd losing his flock suggests that the denizens have a food issue that is being solved by creative raiding. How many flocks did there used to be? How were still being taxed at the last tax collection?

This is an island. For a substantial group of orcs to have arrived, they must have come by boat, been flown in by a large beast or got here by magic. Their just having turned up on rafts crafted, un-noticed on the shore seems improbable. All these things need substantial investment. Who do the town council suspect of funding this exercise? Can we expect the backers to intervene further?

If Orcs have moved into the crypts, they have done so because they see their making a living there. As there isn't space on an island to support that many fighters without taking over the local tax infrastructure (and thus invite reprisals), how did they intend to settle safely? Were they intending to settle at all? Are they just plundering? Why did they think they could get away with their plan?

Also, There are rumours of a Dwarf "Company"...It would be nice to get some info about their size and composition. Are they competitors? Bodies to be recovered? Potential Allies or Hostages?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Lance »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:06 am I know this is set to be a dungeon crawl, but what is the terrain outside? How warm is it? How wet is it?
Let's say mediterranean, I don't feel like getting too deep into it.
Is the ambient temperature likely to be just above freezing or much warmer?
Do we need to worry about de-hydration? Flooding?
No such worries.
Are the rocks weathered and smooth or sharp?
A mix.
Has anyone inside set a watch? Should we expect a bunch of nasties, exiting from a postern to follow us in? Or a group of locals to gather at the entrance and mug us on the way out?
How would you know? The locals are scattered and few.
If the crypt used to be a pilgrimage centre, are there ruins of a town of trinket sellers outside? If so were the houses stone or wood or clay?
No such infrastructure remains.
How big is this island?
I'd say a few kilometers. I have no exact data as the module was hacked out of it's original context.
A bunch of hungry monsters will clear a small one of edibles really quickly. The rumour of a shepherd losing his flock suggests that the denizens have a food issue that is being solved by creative raiding. How many flocks did there used to be? How were still being taxed at the last tax collection?
How would you know?
This is an island. For a substantial group of orcs to have arrived, they must have come by boat, been flown in by a large beast or got here by magic. Their just having turned up on rafts crafted, un-noticed on the shore seems improbable.
That is a good point, tho you have to investigate inside to find out more details.
All these things need substantial investment. Who do the town council suspect of funding this exercise? Can we expect the backers to intervene further?
The orcs of Erillion are very organized, due to their religion.
If Orcs have moved into the crypts, they have done so because they see their making a living there.
As there isn't space on an island to support that many fighters without taking over the local tax infrastructure (and thus invite reprisals), how did they intend to settle safely? Were they intending to settle at all? Are they just plundering? Why did they think they could get away with their plan?
A major leap, incorrect.
Also, There are rumours of a Dwarf "Company"...It would be nice to get some info about their size and composition. Are they competitors? Bodies to be recovered? Potential Allies or Hostages?
No information is available beyond the rumors. I will go ahead and answer: all of the above.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Ok - Ok - I get it...I'll just play the game! :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Zhym »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:34 am
doppelganger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:38 am Weezel Stoneledge

Weezel looks at the door to assess the possibility of using brute strength.

Is it made of wood? Does it look sturdy? Rusted or rotten?
The earlier image showed this.
i.e. an iron-bound door with a latch and lever lock that opens inwards.

Definitely the kind of thing Dwarves are renowned for. Takes ages to batter, blunts your axe and gives away the fact that you are there while you do so.
Locked doors are actually pretty simple in LL Basic. Breaking a door down just requires a 1d6 roll, with success on a 2 or less, modified by the strength bonus (see p. 44 of the LL Basic PDF). So Burkus and Harlan each have a 3 in 6 chance of breaking the door down, and everyone else has a 2 in 6 chance of breaking it down.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Rex »

But it is noisy. With only 2 options I would prefer the door.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Zhym wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:16 pm Locked doors are actually pretty simple in LL Basic. Breaking a door down just requires a 1d6 roll, with success on a 2 or less, modified by the strength bonus (see p. 44 of the LL Basic PDF). So Burkus and Harlan each have a 3 in 6 chance of breaking the door down, and everyone else has a 2 in 6 chance of breaking it down.
I wasn't wrong. Dwarves are the answer!

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Lance »

Yes, thank you, that is correct. :)

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by Lance »

Important update:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

LOL, nothing like fixing a just the sinkhole.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by Lance »

Weezel can barely carry around the freshly acquired haul on his own. :) I suggest you distribute the weight among yourselves (especially the wizard :P ).

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

Hoe many of us are there now? Still 9? figuring out Nym's split to carry.

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#94 Post by doppelganger »

Can our porter just carry the whole thing? If not we can divide some up.

Also should we put the XP on our character sheets now?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by Lance »

Yes, there should be still 9 of you :)

I forgot about poor Adras! Yes, he should easily carry the load, I'll do the encumbrance math tomorrow.

You can add the xp now but I'll keep a running tally.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Lance wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:12 pm Yes, there should be still 9 of you :)

I forgot about poor Adras! Yes, he should easily carry the load, I'll do the encumbrance math tomorrow.

You can add the xp now but I'll keep a running tally.
Glad of that... I've no idea what you get for turning a pillar and standing about while the Dwarves fill a sack with coin.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by Lance »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm I've no idea what you get for turning a pillar and standing about while the Dwarves fill a sack with coin.
You get impatient ! :D

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Lance wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:26 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:18 pm I've no idea what you get for turning a pillar and standing about while the Dwarves fill a sack with coin.
You get impatient ! :D
But relatively risk-free cash. It's a good job the exit door is locked. Just think how much experience Adras would get if he ran off now!

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by Lance »

Lance wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:12 pm I forgot about poor Adras! Yes, he should easily carry the load, I'll do the encumbrance math tomorrow.
Ok, I did the math and Adras can carry a maximum of 70 lb before the group's movement rate get's cut in half. (I decided to not penalize him for his padded armor). Eronin volunteered, so he can take the remaining 23 lb.
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:30 pm But relatively risk-free cash. It's a good job the exit door is locked. Just think how much experience Adras would get if he ran off now!
No it's not... ;) He would get 600 xp plus about 120 xp for "defeating" all of you! :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Zhym »

The details are hard to make out using infravision, but they seem to be a group of fonts...
I'm not sure what it says that my first thought on reading this was: Helvetica, Papyrus, Comic Sans...

Return to “Exploring Erillion (LL)”