Barrowmoor: Fapp and the Call of the Wild.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Barrowmoor: Fapp and the Call of the Wild.

#41 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

2 more arrows [1d20-2]=2-2=0[1d6]=5[1d20-2]=1-2=-1[1d6]=2

I can't believe it ..... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahah
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Spearmint »

ever watch Star Wars when Luke Skywalker goes to torpedo the Death Star. "use the Force", echoes in your head.

At the edge of your short bow range, you nick the last of your Valeron arrows. (Valeron's arrows treat short bow ranges as long, so you have an extra two attacks before Mohawk gets away.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Taking a deep breath and exhaling, Fapp knocks an arrow and lets fly, missing. Thinking about the Lady of the Forest and his nice gift

he concentrates and knocking his last nice arrow and lets fly, hopefully hitting!

[1d20-2]=7-2=5[1d6]=3[1d20-2]=18-2=16[1d6]=5

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Spearmint »

Finally, at the 210'ft limit if bow range, despite a minus penalty for aiming over such a distance and counting upon the Lady if the Forest's favour, Fapp pings an arrow into the fleeing kobold's back. He falls, never to rise again.

You fall too, bleeding, exhausted, out of rage and stamina. You can pull out the remaining portion of javelin shaft from your shoulder and use your 1st Aid kit to bind your wounds

see House rules thread for Healing dynamics.

what would Fapp like to do next?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Sitting down for a moment Fapp tries to gather his wits about him. Retrieving his first aid kit he attempts to first,

remove the javelin, then use the kits contents to help heal his wounds.

Wisdom check with the first aid kit [4d6]=13

Well I have 11 so it was close but not quite.

Once he is done, he will try to retrieve any arrows he might be able to reuse. Then search the dead kobolds for anything of value that may help him.

Then he returns towards the Kobold cave. His intent to kill the king and rescue Chewie.. He gathers all 3 heads of the Kobolds in a bag and carries them with him

mostly for effect vs the Kobold encampment.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Spearmint »

gain +1hp anyway from the 1st Aid kit.

I will update your trek back later.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Retrieve arrows roll :

[1d100]=99 [1d100]=35 [1d100]=25 [1d100]=83 [1d100]=58 [1d100]=58

Hp [1d4]=1

Being cautious and brave means Fapp will try to rest a few hours before he returns for Chewie.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp assesses his wound. It is more grievous than he can really address but he pulls the barbed shaft out if his shoulder and staunchs the free flowing blood with the medical kit. +1hp

Now time to rest and plan. He goes over what he remembers regarding the tricky kobolds. They live in a narrow ravine, mated pairs living in small cave complexes around a central cave which houses a community hub and chief's lair.

You have killed three of at least a dozen warriors, one always on guard at the ravine mouth on top of some boulders. He has a warning horn.

A direct frontal face-off might lead to you losing your head, joining those in the sack.

Chewwie is in a secure pen and probably guarded by Beadbraid. The kobolds probably think you are dead and expect Ruxx and co to return soon. Kobolds are sunlight sensitive so may be more nocturnally active.

action and plans please.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

The halfling plans on resting up until sunlight is strong so as to have an advantage over the Kobolds.

Sneaking back, taking his time is the plan to get there. He wants to arrive unheard or seen, Take out the sentry with the horn by arrow.

Get into the camp, present the Kobolds with the 3 heads to scare them into giving him back Chewie.

If the King doesn't acquiesce to his demand he will kill him with an arrow and throw the colony into disarray. Then try to free Chewie and get the hell out of there.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Spearmint »

Pitting that plan into action requires an overnight camp. Choosing to move away from the headless bodies in case the Kobolds come looking, you try to search for a safe and comfortable spot.

It almost looks like you have to rough it and in the end settle for a cold and miserable night in the boughs of a tree, hunched up under some thick leaves and leaning against the trunk when you spot a suitable hollow in the roots of a tree. It is enough to shelter and keep a small fire.

Despite a fly past of screeching owls and some other strange guttural sounds, you manage to sleep fitfully and awaken ready to shake the cobwebs and creepy crawlies off you.

Breakfasting on rations, feeding your stomach and fueling your rage, you trek back close to the ravine.

you can try to peg the boulder guard at long range or creep closer, medium or short range. Obviously the closer you are, the more chance if being spotted but the better chance of picking the guard off.

Alternatively you could try and find a sniping spot above the caves in the ravine and pick off guards and hopefully the Chief Kobold or try to sneak in undetected and rescue Chewwie that way.

Give me your preferred option and I will assess what rolls you need. Any other actions you want to consider? Distractions, camouflage?
Attachments
Fapp camps under here
Fapp camps under here
istockphoto-1151704603-170667a.jpg (152.19 KiB) Viewed 493 times

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by tarlyn »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 am Pitting that plan into action requires an overnight camp. Choosing to move away from the headless bodies in case the Kobolds come looking, you try to search for a safe and comfortable spot.

It almost looks like you have to rough it and in the end settle for a cold and miserable night in the boughs of a tree, hunched up under some thick leaves and leaning against the trunk when you spot a suitable hollow in the roots of a tree. It is enough to shelter and keep a small fire.

Despite a fly past of screeching owls and some other strange guttural sounds, you manage to sleep fitfully and awaken ready to shake the cobwebs and creepy crawlies off you.

Breakfasting on rations, feeding your stomach and fueling your rage, you trek back close to the ravine.

you can try to peg the boulder guard at long range or creep closer, medium or short range. Obviously the closer you are, the more chance if being spotted but the better chance of picking the guard off.

Alternatively you could try and find a sniping spot above the caves in the ravine and pick off guards and hopefully the Chief Kobold or try to sneak in undetected and rescue Chewwie that way.

Give me your preferred option and I will assess what rolls you need. Any other actions you want to consider? Distractions, camouflage?

1. I will try to pick off the boulder guard from medium to short range. Now Fapp is pretty effective with his sling as well but I presume that the range is

not as great? If Bow is better he will use that.

2. Might he then sneak atop the cave and then pick off Kobolds, possibly the Chief

3. He will camouflage himself, that is for sure. And he is taking his time getting into position so the lookout will hopefully have

less a chance to see him especially in the daylight

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp, using his halfling racial skills to hide alone and sneak through the undergrowth to come to the edge of the clearing. He sneaks, hunching over behind bracken clumps, wriggling under a log, crawling in the rut of a hollow. You get within a medium bowshot of the kobold guard who sits facing away from you on top of the boulder.

you can roll two attacks rolls to try and take him out before he blows the warning horn.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Taking a deep breath and holding his breath, he exhales. He slowly lines up his shot and taking another deep breath, he exhales again.

He lets loose his first arrow!

First Arrow [1d20+1]=15+1=16 Damage [1d8+1]=1+1=2

He is already reaching for a second special arrow in case he missed!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Spearmint »

best to send in another ...[

damage for short bow is d6

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by tarlyn »

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp looses two arrows, the first hits the little kobold in the back. He jerks, turns around and raises the warning horn to his lips but a second shaft takes the tune from his throat and he falls as silent as the unblown horn.

The halfling, full of derring-do runs across the clearing, checking on the body and liberating the horn, add signal horn to inventory.

Rather than risking a frontal dawn assault into the ravine, you find a spot a few hundred yards away where you can scramble up a shingle incline to gain the ground above the ravine.

roll me a 3d6 vs Dex check please.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Dex check [3d6]=12

Dex 14,,,,,,, holding breath! LOL

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp scrambles up the shingle incline, kicking dust and little stones behind him. You get to the top and dodge behind a boulder just as two kobolds walk along the foot of the hill. They carry jars of water on their heads and chat in short gruff barks. They stop as the stones roll by, looking up briefly then carry to walk on by.

you can snipe these or carry on to the ravine edge.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#59 Post by tarlyn »

Snipe attempt

Snipe attempts [1d20]=2 Dmg [1d6]=6 [1d20]=1 Dmg [1d6]=1

So much for the element of surprise!

Let's try to startle them with the rope trick he he he he.

How many dex rolls are required?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp sends two arrows down the slope. The first whizzes by the ears of a kobold, the second hits a water jar, shattering it and the water drenches the carrier. Surprised they look up and around.

initiative and actions please.

You could win initiative and slay them both with more arrows or slide down the incline and melee them.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”