[5960.2] Battle

Leitz
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [5960.2] Battle

#41 Post by cybersavant »

gurusql wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:19 am Thelin
The Commander quickly is brought back to the battle at hand and starts by calling Engineering - "Lieutenant B'Aarr please let me know when you can get our phasers back out of red. We are taking them offline until I hear from you that we can fire them. If you have additional capacity after they are back, then focus on the Power systems. Without them, everything else is useless. Ch'tihlot out."
Lt Jg Andhronal B'Aarr, Engineering

"Engineering to any available medics, please report to Engineering, we have casualties."

Andhronal ruches from console to console, bypassing systems to reroute power to the phasers. "Acknowledged, Commander. Working on a solution, B'Aarr out."

The Betelgeusean works feverishly,using every trick he knows to hold the ship together. "Great work, people. I need just a little more from you. Then some well deserved R&R. He criss-crosses circuits and utilizes secondary systems to route power to the phasers.

gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by gurusql »

gurusql wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:16 am Thelin

"We will be splitting into two teams. You two", Thelin says pointing to the two lead guards "will be coming with me, Lt. Runyon, half the security team from the second wave and half the medical personnel to retake the bridge. Lt B'Aarr, you will take the remaining forces including Ensign Henri and regain control of the Engineering section. The key here is scan then move. but we have to watch for traps and if possible free the crew. While we are waiting for the rest of the boarding party please begin your scans."

If Thelin get no questions then he begins scanning with his tricorder looking for life signs.
Remember unless you sent them somewhere else Thelin sent three medical team members with you to Engineering.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by cybersavant »

cybersavant wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:54 am
The Commander quickly is brought back to the battle at hand and starts by calling Engineering - "Lieutenant B'Aarr please let me know when you can get our phasers back out of red. We are taking them offline until I hear from you that we can fire them. If you have additional capacity after they are back, then focus on the Power systems. Without them, everything else is useless. Ch'tihlot out."

"Medics, do you need assistance to deal with the casualties?."

Andhronal ruches from console to console, bypassing systems to reroute power to the phasers. "Acknowledged, Commander. Working on a solution, B'Aarr out."

The Betelgeusean works feverishly,using every trick he knows to hold the ship together. "Great work, people. I need just a little more from you. Then some well deserved R&R. He criss-crosses circuits and utilizes secondary systems to route power to the phasers.

gaming since 1980

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by cybersavant »

cybersavant wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 am
cybersavant wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:54 am

"Medics, do you need assistance to deal with the casualties?."

Andhronal rushes from console to console, bypassing systems to reroute power to the phasers. "Acknowledged, Commander. Working on a solution, B'Aarr out."

gaming since 1980

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by The Bindoner »

Lt. Runyon, "For your next trick we are going to loop around as before like you are going for the mid-section, but you are going to be a little lazy with it and when the Klingons try to adjust you will be taking us back to their rear shields to that Ensign Heni has a shot at the Propulsion systems."
Well, that will be simple, the rear shields are what the fellow is presenting to us anyway. Attempting to flee the scene of the crime, I should say, and abandoning friends in need into the bargain.

I’ll not rush things, but I do not think it prudent to allow friend Klingon overmuch leeway, I judge he is apt to engage warp and depart at the soonest opportunity. We will probably only have one shot, and with Kirk and his friend arriving, I doubt we need to keep in the fight overlong. I suggest we risk burning out the Phasers and just clip this bird's wings before it flies the coop.

Fearghal Keeps the Farragut in range, weaving and dipping as he simulates attempts to set up another midships attack. As soon as the fire order is given, he takes the ship on a direct run, boring in to give the best angle on the enemy Warp Drive.

Ship's Tactics: [_2d6]=(6+1)=7 +1 Skill, +1 Int = 9

Helm: [_2d6]=(6+6)=12 +4 skill, +1 Dex = 17 !! - saved the best for last 8-)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Leitz »

USS Farragut, Bridge

Fearghal's flying set ENS Henri up well. The last photon torpedo salvo spread across K2's aft section and each hit was solid.

Sensors reported "Sir, K2 is engaging their warp drive."

USS Farragut, Engineering

Andrhonal did his best to get the phasers able to fire one last shot. Between sprints, bypasses, and some creative engineering, he informed the Engineering post on the bridge. He was barely into the sentence before the shunt on main phaser power went near solar, and took out a meter of bulkhead that it was attached to.

USS Farragut, Bridge

The middie on the bridge Engineering station yelled "Sir-", but was cut off by ENS Henri's "Got it." Murderous phaser fire danced through the building warp field and ripped into K2. Sections of hull and machinery spewed into the cold of space.

"Sir, K2 is still trying to-"
and then stopped. Leaning close to the scree, Sensors reported "Sir, multiple internal explosions on K2, they are dumping their warp core. Power systems are failing."

Return to “Imperial Gambit [Traveller/Star Trek]”