terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Jump To Spectra

#61 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:32 pm
"Permission to board?" asks the woman.
"Of course come up to the Captians lounge."

While they arrive, I comm Joxe and let them know what I am doing.

"Captain, thank you for letting out ship land, we appriciate the service. Colonel, I would be happy to give you a personal tour and a flyer, but
I will be offering them to the open marker tomorrow. I understand that people might not be able to get money together, so if someone cannot meet
or cant get the money together, I would be willing to sell at the militarys price. If you wish to put in a order, when we know we are coming through here again, we could pick up some fo rthe military if you could give us a bonded preoffer.

Captain Adrain
Lily

Lily will be unobtrusively present as well.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by joertexas »

"Captain, thank you for letting out ship land, we appriciate the service. Colonel, I would be happy to give you a personal tour and a flyer, but
I will be offering them to the open marker tomorrow. I understand that people might not be able to get money together, so if someone cannot meet
or cant get the money together, I would be willing to sell at the militarys price. If you wish to put in a order, when we know we are coming through here again, we could pick up some fo rthe military if you could give us a bonded preoffer.

Captain Adrain
"I will have some refreshments available on the Upper quarterdeck when you're done with the tour," Joxe says. She and Brent go up to the galley to assemble a light lunch for the crew and their visitors, and to set the after quarterdeck table for the group.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Eris »

Captain Adrain
"I'd like to see what you have, certainly." says Colonel Higgins, "I think we can match anyone's price, Captain, but we're not looking to buy your entire stock, just an example or two for testing and evaluation purposes."

Port Captain Collins says with a grin, "I'd enjoy a look at your grav fliers, myself. Other that that this is just a curtesy call to welcome you to Spectra and hope you call here again. We don't get much traffic through and are always happy to have visiting ships, especially if they bring in items that are novel to us here, information about the rest of the stellar area and higher tech items we can't make yet."

So, down to the cargo hold and are you breaking out a grav belt, or personal flier, for the Colonel to see? Are you demonstrating it? :)

What are you going to say about the crates of cargo (it is the machinery to build jump drive components) you are transshipping to Dylan if they ask about it?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by ateno »

‘Well, if your government is matching a top price we get we will set one aside for that. Be aware we are going to auction them separately. Let me up pack one set and get our resident marine down here to show you.

And yes good cover for other cargo.

Adrian

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:36 pm ‘Well, if your government is matching a top price we get we will set one aside for that. Be aware we are going to auction them separately. Let me up pack one set and get our resident marine down here to show you.

And yes good cover for other cargo.

Adrian
Lily was actually tagging along, so she’s there.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#66 Post by Magdalena »

Magda smirks and heads to the cargo bay to watch, she still feels like shit but the jump fog is beginning to lift.

"I has a hundred credits, say he flip over or smack his head on support truss before figuring out."

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by terrymixon »

Magdalena wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:24 pm Magda smirks and heads to the cargo bay to watch, she still feels like shit but the jump fog is beginning to lift.

"I has a hundred credits, say he flip over or smack his head on support truss before figuring out."
“I’ll take that bet,” Lily said softly with a smile. “I think he’ll baby it until he can get outside. Then the sky is the limit. And, he might crash then.”

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by bobk2323 »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:53 pm Lily will be unobtrusively present as well.
Tamaki will be as well, just in case her assistance is needed.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Eris »

bobk2323 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:13 am
terrymixon wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:53 pm Lily will be unobtrusively present as well.

--
Bob K.
Grav Belt or personal grav craft (ie, jet ski of the air)? Is Lily going to do the demonstration or are you letting the Spartan give it a try?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:40 pm

--
Bob K.
Grav Belt or personal grav craft (ie, jet ski of the air)? Is Lily going to do the demonstration or are you letting the Spartan give it a try?
As amusing as it would be to simply watch, Lily won't pass up the chance to fly. She'll take whatever he wants tested and demonstrate it.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:36 am

--
Bob K.
As amusing as it would be to simply watch, Lily won't pass up the chance to fly. She'll take whatever he wants tested and demonstrate it.
"How about both?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

Someone opens the cargo doors while Lily and Tamaki unbox a grav-do and take a grav belt out of it's box. The small grav craft hums to life when Lily pushes the start button. Its tiny cold fusion engine pulses to life and energizes the grav modules on the craft's surface.

Sitting astride it Lily pulls back on the yoke rising a few inches off the deck and flies it out of the cargo hole into the sunny afternoon air. As everyone follows, Lily doesn't glide down the ramp to the tarmac, instead flying straight ahead and then angling up and around in a gentle circle finishing facing the hatch where everyone is standing.

Tamaki has the grav belt in hand, but is just holding it for now.

The thum of the grav modules and the rustle of wind are the only sounds until the Spectra Colonel says a simple "Wow!"

OOC: The rest of the demonstration is up to all of you.

Oh, remember the grav craft can carry a passenger behind the driver...:)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:29 pm
terrymixon wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:36 am

"How about both?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

Someone opens the cargo doors while Lily and Tamaki unbox a grav-do and take a grav belt out of it's box. The small grav craft hums to life when Lily pushes the start button. Its tiny cold fusion engine pulses to life and energizes the grav modules on the craft's surface.

Sitting astride it Lily pulls back on the yoke rising a few inches off the deck and flies it out of the cargo hole into the sunny afternoon air. As everyone follows, Lily doesn't glide down the ramp to the tarmac, instead flying straight ahead and then angling up and around in a gentle circle finishing facing the hatch where everyone is standing.

The thum of the grav modules and the rustle of wind are the only sounds until the Spectra Colonel says a simple "Wow!"

Lily will circle around again and hover over the ramp. "Come take a ride, Colonel. I promise not to be too scary. Unless you want me to demonstrate how it really performs."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by ateno »

Adrian will just sit back and smile watching a professional work.

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#74 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:29 pm

The medic puts her belt on, activates it, and rises into the air with a smile. She keeps her maneuvers relatively modest, to serve as a contrast. "It's comfortable to wear, and doesn't require a great deal of training to use. They've very useful, not only as a means of travel, but also in any situation where defying gravity would be advantageous." She hovers then, making motions as if she's fixing something. "Such as maintenance work in hard-to-reach places, for example."

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Eris »

The Colonel is suitabily impressed by both the grav-doo and the grav-belt and assures you the Spectra Military will be bidding on these items when you put them up for auction tomorrow.

"We will want samples of both, if for no other reason, than to try to reverse engineer them." he says, "We have anti-gravity, but nothing this miniature. Just our power supplies are bigger than the entire units. This is going to keep our scientists and engineers busy for years!" he says after shaking hands all around.

The Medic and Military man leave the ship and you are left on your own.

There are messages from brokers inquiring about your cargo in the email queue and a notice that you can also reserve a booth in the Trade Bazaar for a low, low fee of 0.1% of whatever you sell your goods.

OOC: That's a very good deal and a better one than you'll get if you use a local broker (1 to 5%...not tenths of a percent), however, *potentially* they could get you a higher price (from which they would take their higher commission, of course).
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:09 pm The Colonel is suitabily impressed by both the grav-doo and the grav-belt and assures you the Spectra Military will be bidding on these items when you put them up for auction tomorrow.

"We will want samples of both, if for no other reason, than to try to reverse engineer them." he says, "We have anti-gravity, but nothing this miniature. Just our power supplies are bigger than the entire units. This is going to keep our scientists and engineers busy for years!" he says after shaking hands all around.

There are messages from brokers inquiring about your cargo in the email queue and a notice that you can also reserve a booth in the Trade Bazaar for a low, low fee of 0.1% of whatever you sell your goods.

OOC: That's a very good deal and a better one than you'll get if you use a local broker (1 to 5%...not tenths of a percent), however, *potentially* they could get you a higher price (from which they would take their higher commission, of course).
"Before you go, we have a light lunch laid out on the upper deck," Joxe calls over the ship's comm.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:26 am
Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:09 pm The Colonel is suitabily impressed by both the grav-doo and the grav-belt and assures you the Spectra Military will be bidding on these items when you put them up for auction tomorrow.

"Before you go, we have a light lunch laid out on the upper deck," Joxe calls over the ship's comm.
Lily

Lily smiles at their reactions. This will be a good cargo. And lunch was always good.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:09 pm
joertexas wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:26 am

Lily

Lily smiles at their reactions. This will be a good cargo. And lunch was always good.
The Medic pats his belly and agrees, "Lunch is always good!"

However the Colonel shakes his head, "I think I'll pass. I need to get back to Headquarters and report on what you've shown me. I think I can assure you of a high bid on your grav units, at least, some of them. I also suspect you're going to get swamped with requests to come back through here with more of this sort of technology."

He grins shakes hands and says before he departs, "I think those offers are going to be coming from people way above my pay grade."

Lunch passes pleasantly with the local telling you a bit about Spectra...It was isolated long ago and would still be that way except they found a starship that had been mothballed in an underground cavern. They had climbed back up the technology ladder enough by then where this find wasn't worshiped as magic, but seen as sufficiently advanced technology. It took over a century to get the ship working and even then they could only fly it around inside the Spectra system. A Scout ship from the Confederacy of Argent passed through about 50 years ago and let the "cat out of the bag" about the ship's ability to "Jump." Soon they had used that ability to make a jump to the neighboring system, but that's all they can do as they are limited to Jump1. Your ship is only the 3rd from outside Spectra to visit here in their recorded history...post collapse. The first was the Scout and the second was a war ship from the CSA that did little other than visit and then leave. You are the first ship that wants to do any sort of trading.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:10 pm
Lunch passes pleasantly with the local telling you a bit about Spectra...It was isolated long ago and would still be that way except they found a starship that had been mothballed in an underground cavern. They had climbed back up the technology ladder enough by then where this find wasn't worshiped as magic, but seen as sufficiently advanced technology. It took over a century to get the ship working and even then they could only fly it around inside the Spectra system. A Scout ship from the Confederacy of Argent passed through about 50 years ago and let the "cat out of the bag" about the ship's ability to "Jump." Soon they had used that ability to make a jump to the neighboring system, but that's all they can do as they are limited to Jump1. Your ship is only the 3rd from outside Spectra to visit here in their recorded history...post collapse. The first was the Scout and the second was a war ship from the CSA that did little other than visit and then leave. You are the first ship that wants to do any sort of trading.
"If you need up to date manuals or other technical data for your jump drive, I probably have the right ones stored in my system," Joxe offers.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:20 am
Eris wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:10 pm
"If you need up to date manuals or other technical data for your jump drive, I probably have the right ones stored in my system," Joxe offers.
"That's an excellent offer." says the Colonel, "I'll pass that on to our technical boffins. Expect them to get in touch with you."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Akus Moby (Traveller)”