72 Hours
No votes

Total votes: 6

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

[CLOSED] Poll: How long to wait for players before moving on

#1 Post by mithrandir138 »

Hey guys, please vote on this poll. I want to see what your opinion is on how fast combat should go.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Combat Poll: How long to wait for players before moving

#2 Post by Vargr1105 »

I would say 2 days from the GM viewpoint without being a stickler for "48 hours to the minute". That is the time limit I impose for these matters on my own games.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Blazeguard »

I think 48 hours is a reasonable time frame but initially the expectation that was laid out was a minimum of once a week. I'm not sure that should change just because it's combat. I realize combat is the exciting part so people will get impatient quicker than other times but sometimes stuff happens. Everyone has been really good about posting regularly and there is the thread if someone is going to be away for an extended period of time. IMO, though, if we're going to impose a time frame it should be across the board and not just for combat. I would be fine with that and if everyone agrees then we just update the expectations, otherwise I think the initial expectations should stay in effect.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Vargr1105 »

Blazeguard wrote:IMO, though, if we're going to impose a time frame it should be across the board and not just for combat.
I agree.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by mithrandir138 »

Vargr1105 wrote:
Blazeguard wrote:IMO, though, if we're going to impose a time frame it should be across the board and not just for combat.
I agree.
Fair enough. The spirit behind my initial once a week rule was more of a "if you expect to be in this game, I expect you to post at least once a week" kind of expectation. Meaning, if you weren't dedicated enough to at least try to participate once a week (without letting the group know if something had come up) then you were danger of being on the chopping block. I guess I didn't do a very good job of making that part clear. This was more of a rule to ensure that we are fair to everyone that is participating and wants to play, and keeping in mind that we have at least one person on the waiting list (but this person doesn't seem to be an active poster on the board at all, but it appears that they are a lurker from their login history.)

Is there a proposal to lessen the waiting/grace period to a 48 hours for all activities? Meaning: "if you haven't posted in 48 hours, the train is moving ahead with or without you. If you wanted to do something before we moved on, sorry, you lost your chance." I am totally cool with that if you guys are, actually as I am writing this I am convinced that's the "Right Thing To Do(TM)". What I am sure of, is that I can't extend the most I will wait on someone to a week. That just seems like too much.

It seems like a majority of the votes are for 48 hours already, so that's a good sign that it is the "sweet spot" for people.

Just know that if we lessen the grace period for all actions, I will need more communication in the "I can't post because....." thread when you aren't around.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Blazeguard »

I'm fine with reducing 'wait time' to 48 hours.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by max_vale »

I have an unusual work/home schedule; so there will be times when I can post multiple times in a 1-3 day span and others when I may be absent entirely from the boards for the same amount of time. If that happens at any kind of point where major decisions need to be made (combat; making a choice as to which route to take; etc.); by all means Mithrandir; take over Vax as an NPC.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by mithrandir138 »

max_vale wrote:I have an unusual work/home schedule; so there will be times when I can post multiple times in a 1-3 day span and others when I may be absent entirely from the boards for the same amount of time. If that happens at any kind of point where major decisions need to be made (combat; making a choice as to which route to take; etc.); by all means Mithrandir; take over Vax as an NPC.
By all means, man. Just let me know what's up in the "I can't post because" thread if it's convenient. I am easy, I get that life gets in the way of important things like gaming :)

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Mondego »

Blazeguard wrote:I'm fine with reducing 'wait time' to 48 hours.
No issues.

Return to “C&C - A0: The Rising Knight”