UE Issue #2: The Dragon Shield

gurusql
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #2: The Dragon Shield

#841 Post by gurusql »

DEMON Initiate

"Hey stop that you computerized hack." he says as he tries and fails to move away. "The co-pilot's soul was forfeit the moment that the Dracodemon was sent back to his dimension."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#842 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Explain what you mean, quickly and succinctly, or I'll chose one of those things you are thinking about and see what happens. Also, where did your boss go?"

"Don't ever call me a computerized hack again or else I may have an accident."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#843 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

The hero's face darkens, and he clenches and unclenches his hands, seemingly trying to contain his emotions.

Dos Sesos's response brings him out of it and after a few seconds he takes a deep breath and appears to recover his composure.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#844 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir watches, stone faced. Clearly very angry.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#845 Post by gurusql »

Eclipse please make a Tai-Chi Roll

DEMON Initiate

"We swapped the places of the co-pilot and the Dracodemon, when you knocked it unconscious you sent it back without retrieving the co-pilot. I am sure the angry demon has eaten the co-pilot by this point. By not negotiating with us you killed him. What boss, I am the Initiate!"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#846 Post by shaidar »

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#847 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

Eclipses face darkens again, he tries to regain control, but this time he doesn't have much luck. His body flickers with his golden glow for a few seconds.

"I need to step away for a minute. I don't care how you get the information we need, as long as he's still alive at the end."

He heads over to the plane and goes inside.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#848 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Are you saying that you have no way of returning the co-pilot? That your swapping put the co-pilot in a dangerous place which is why you can't retrieve him?" Dos Seso searches the initiate's mind for the thoughts on where the co-pilot went.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#849 Post by gurusql »

DEMON Initiate

"The only way to return the co-pilot from the other plane of existence he is in was to send the Dracodemon back properly. When you send the Dracodemon back his reward was the soul of your co-pilot. I to not have the power to help you now that you messed up the plan."

The short hand that he uses in his mind for the other plane of existence is Hell.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#850 Post by gurusql »

Airport Hanger
Bogotá, Colombia
4:33 AM Local Time – Thursday, June 25th, 1987
Post Combat

The DEMON Initiate has told the Crusaders that in order to get the Dragon Macuahuitl, DEMON had invoked a evil magic that sent the co-pilot to another plane of existence and the method that the Dracodemon was sent back left the co-pilot there. Dos Seso in the DEMON Initiate's understands that he is telling the truth as he understands it.

This mission has left the heroes less than thrilled with some of the choices they have been forced into making.

As the heroes decide how to close this one up the emotions of the team are running hot.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#851 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse spends a few moments doing some breathing exercises on the plane, but remains mainly unsuccessful in calming himself completely.

A thought pops into his mind and he keys the comms "Dos Sesos, they knew about us. Can you find out how? I hope GOSH doesn't have a leak."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#852 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Certainly doesn't hurt checking about a leak."

She decided to search the plane very carefully for anything that they may have planted.

"The plane is compromised."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#853 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Sounds like something we should know, Eclipse." Returning attention to the initiate, he begins questioning again. "Tell me, how did you know who we are and where we were?"

He makes a mental link to Eclipse. (Mind Scan, Greater than EGO then Telepathy, Greater than EGO)
OECV roll = 11+ECV-3d6 = 17-[_3d6]=(6+2+4)=12
Mind Scan: 9d6 - [_9d6]=(1+5+5+1+1+5+5+5+3)=31
OECV roll = 11+ECV-3d6 = 17-[_3d6]=(4+5+4)=13
Telepathy: 8d6 - [_8d6]=(1+3+4+6+3+6+3+4)=30

"We need to contact G.O.S.H., report the situation, see if they want us to bring back those responsible for causing the co-pilot to be put in a risky situation."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#854 Post by gurusql »

DEMON Initiate

"Money greases the wheels down here like it does up north, an American Government plane lands at the airport that came from a short trip to Tegucigalpa, Honduras and officially no passengers get off and we have been watching the house for some time - it is really not a big leap what to expect. Then we hear of the break-in."

He also thinks that if they had a little more time there could have been more DEMON Brothers present.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#855 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse 'thinks' back to Dos Sesos

"I'll try to contact GOSH."

He goes looking for the pilot "I need to contact agent McGinley and bring him up to speed, and see how he wants us to proceed."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#856 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

He relays back to Eclipse, "The leak was money. Sounds like a plane from the US government shows up and people down here get interested. They were watching the house as well and heard of the break-in. There is a bit of luck on their side. Let our handler know that as well."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#857 Post by Rex »

Azir

"I think we need to be moving soon."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#858 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

Over comms: "I agree we shouldn't stick around, but I'd like to check in with Gosh first, assuming that won't cause a significant delay. If these guys were watching the house, then they are the reason the house has that magic shield."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#859 Post by gurusql »

Airport Hanger
Bogotá, Colombia
4:40 AM Local Time – Thursday, June 25th, 1987

CHIP is able to get Peter McGinley on the line, but it does take a few minutes. When he is on the line Eclipse fills him in the details.

Agent McGinley says "Legally transporting prisoners over international lines is not a quick process, and given that you are going to land in Honduras on the way back taking them with you is not something I could recommend. I will get some local authorities to your position to take over the prisoners. Not knowing how the locals will react, I would recommend making them secure and getting out of town. This has gone way beyond what I thought this would be and I just want to get you back in the New Chicago." With that the agent pauses for a reaction.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#860 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"I understand, sir. We will secure the prisoners and leave ASAP and keep you informed of our progress. I think we'd all like to get home as soon as we can, and I'd like to apologise for the co-pilot, sir, although that's hardly sufficient for what happened to him. "

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”