Barrow Mounds: Relic Raiders.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Barrow Mounds: Relic Raiders.

#81 Post by Spearmint »

Yes. You can do that here rather than in the village thread, so if any deals are made and the loot distributed, you can decide to return to the Barrows and I will continue in this thread.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Spearmint »

House keeping:
Tamson, agrees to come along for a full share of XP this time (he only had 1/2 share last time) and full share of treasure
. I made a mistake in the XP awards but rather than reduce players amounts, I will just update Tamson with an equal amount

I have posted your team arrival back in the village at the Brazen Strumpet Tavern thread, each deduct 1gp to cover upkeep for a day and any resupplies of mundane equipment (oil, torches, rope). As Eldon's player Torkill is not on the forum currently, I will put his character on hold so Eldon and Sarge will not accompany another expedition until he returns.

Sundance was hired by Eldon. If you want Sundance to accompany you, then we can agree that here but it will cost you -21gp in Mercenary fees.

Tamson will return with you to the barrows but not further such as enrolling on Red Erik's trek.

Silvine: Art Dealer. You have returned 17 intact amphora. She bought the last one for 43gp. Assessing them overnight, she offers a single job lot price of 780gp for all of them, (some are worth less than 40gp some greater). Split six ways that is +130gp each. If you agree, acknowledge that here.

Dalin, Fapp & Savant discuss here what you wish to do next with your characters.

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#83 Post by LordKane77 »

Savant

Savant surveys the scene as they enter the town and thinks about the run. They lost a horse and are down some gold, but they're back, urns in hand, none even broke, and no one is even injured. Still, with bugbears, ants, horse/worg issue, scorpion, zombie, it's hard to believe they set out this morning. The scorpion and ant parts have potential, and getting the door measurements cannot be overemphasized. They'll still probably make a little gold. Truly that will determine a return trip. And speaking of which, the business transactions will be easier if they're just done immediately.......

"Let's sell immediately to Silvie. We'll all go, sell, divide, think about a 2nd trip over food and drink."

Since we're all together and Silvie is available, let's just go take care of business now. We'll sell urns, sell the other misc. stuff that we found that I assume would be best hawked at Silvie's anyway. We can divide things up right away, see if it's worth another trip, and move on from there. To be clear, I'd like to take 32 gp off the top to replace what I spend on the bugbear bribe. We need to give Vann something for the horse we lost, and the deal was he's in on the take for the use of his horse. I'd say Vann is the big winner, but he is down a horse, so he may not like that. We probably owe him a drink as well.

What's an appropriate amount for Vann's horse? (also, to be clear, I'm not selling the ant/scorpion parts.) (also, just an idea in progress, "Fire Ants" feels like an appropriate name for the group) (Also, am I supposed to get xp for organizing this group, or no? I'm unclear on how that all works.) (Also, so bonus xp for stats? Also unclear on how that works.)

Unless someone feels strongly about a different course of action, let's roll this whole motley crew down to Silvie's. Savant and Eldon will go in and negotiate, and mostly by that I mean Eldon, as I believe he has some skill in this. But we also just sold her some of this stuff and she seemed keen on more, so here we go. Fingers crossed. Oh, and somewhere in there we need to ask if she's interested in 12 more.

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#84 Post by LordKane77 »

We're posting on top of one another, but.......

Horse cost?
When is the Red Erik quest happening?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Urn drop [1d100]=80

Site timed out on my response it was actually a 44 originally but I rolled again. SPearmint I believe you can see all my rolls?

Updated XP

Fapp would like to research Barbarians more and spend time training Chewie. Kinda boring I Know but that is his passion at this time.

I may have missed the share Fapp received from our little adventure.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#86 Post by tarlyn »

Saw the 130 gp each noting it on sheet

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Spearmint »

[1d100]=44 Urn drop or not

I will use that one for Dalin.

Ok. Let me answer a few points.

Yes, I forgot about Vann Hector having an equal share of treasure (not XP) from the haul. A technicality, is that VH is on his Sauron expedition and at date May 11th, while you have returned to town on 14th. So outside of chronology, your paths won't cross until he (Stirling) is present in town on the same date. So I suggest that you lodge his share of trove at the Rosy Quartz which he can access any time after May 14th, but if for example he dies on the current expedition, then that money will be returned to you evenly.

If you take the -32gp bugbear bribe and -21gp Sundance mercenary fee off your treasure and -6gp upkeep and new supplies, that leaves 721gp divided 7 ways. This means each person receives +103gp not 130.

Vann Hector's horse, was a 'light riding horse', (taken from the Silvanus inquisitor bounty hunters). I believe Dalin had two also but sold them for 15 or 25gp each. The compensation for the loss of the horse might be an in character conversation or make Stirling an offer via the Player to Player thread.

Red Erik, posted a recruitment thread via the Helix Bulletin board thread. He is scheduled to leave town, in or after May 14th, so could leave tomorrow, May 15th. If you want to go on that trek, the best thing is to let Dalin inform him at the forge that he has recruited you also. Info on that trip is contained in the Foul Pheasant thread.

Or you can explore independently.

Silvine, will buy your current consignment but cannot receive more until these get auctioned off. You can still go and retrieve more jars, but will need an alternative buyer or keep them for a while.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#88 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp will research the next day and train Chewie

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tarlyn wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:14 pm Saw the 130 gp each noting it on sheet
updating this on Dalin's sheet as well.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Spearmint »

This means each person receives +103gp not 130.
sorry to be picky.

I will deal with roleplay around the village then conclude here when you decide what you want to do with your characters next.

GreyWolfVT

#91 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I will correct this on Dalin's sheet.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by tarlyn »

updated proper gold count yesterday

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#93 Post by LordKane77 »

Okay, this all sounds fantastic. For some reason my computer stopped giving me notifications on this thread and I had some stuff happen in life. But sorry about that. I'll update my stuff as well.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Spearmint »

Great. So you should all have updated your XP rewards and divided the treasure recovered.

I am waiting to conclude the roleplay around town with Dalin and Savant, after which as Savant has indicated he wishes to return to the Barrows.

I will continue that expedition in this thread.

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#95 Post by LordKane77 »

Savant is willing to take on any PC's who are interested.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Spearmint »

Only Dalin is in town but I am fielding interest from new player's so if they can create a character I will encourage them your way.

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#97 Post by LordKane77 »

Sweet. Just let me know if what that looks like. I don't mind waiting a day or two if that matters.

GreyWolfVT

#98 Post by GreyWolfVT »

LordKane77 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:14 am Savant is willing to take on any PC's who are interested.
Dalin is up for a return trip "Savant I"ll come with yah if you plan a return trip."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Spearmint »

Great.

Just need then Savant post in Mercenary thread where you attempt to recruit your additional mercenaries and mule.

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#100 Post by LordKane77 »

Dalin is up for a return trip "Savant I"ll come with yah if you plan a return trip."
[/quote]

Savant

Savant nods. (I'm on my cell right now and can't seem to find the colored text icon, so bear with me)

"Getting grooms and a mule. Doors being made. Leave in a day or two."

Return to “Completed Expeditions”