[5959.5] Aboard the Hussy

Leitz
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [5959.5] Aboard the Hussy

#41 Post by Leitz »

Bridge

On screen communication with the Farragut dropped. A minute later, Salazar reported "Sir, the Farragut sent 'Let the games begin.' What does that mean?"

Mercier followed up with "Sir, the Farragut is moving to intercept. Shields up, weapons hot. (1)"

"Engineering reports ready," Salazar said. Her jaw went up and down for a moment, and then she looked at Thelin. "Sir, Engineering reports the temporary potential for Warp Three. It should last long enough for this engagement."

During exercises with experienced crews, weapons can remain active but locked. For cadets and farmers, usually better to keep them totally powered down.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by gurusql »

Thelin

"Ensign Salazar, it means that the Farragut is coming after us. Thank Engineering for me, I am going to hold that boost in reserve so that we can squeak past them."

Thelin pauses for the rest of the bridge crew to have time to execute his orders.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by The Bindoner »

Fearghal keeps the helm steady on the proscribed course as Bridge and Engineering decide on what options are available, then choose among them.

Straight course then cloud cover on your mark it is Sir. We’ll have our Hussy tease the Fatgut with a little dance of the, ah… four veils. Well, Hussy indeed, to prance about with so little to cover her modesty. Still, distractions the game, so I’ll put a wiggle on her, get their imagination working, so they see more than we give them.

Lt Runyon flies a somewhat erratic course in the general direction of the Eagle, keeping within easy distance of the wisps but taking evasive manoeuvres. He is not making any drastic or radical changes in heading or attitude, no fancy flying – yet. He is deliberately flying like a first-year pilot fresh out of Academy, eager to fly text-book evasion.

His genial grin as he flies widens into a smile of anticipation when he hears that Warp Three is possible. That will be fun in an old hull like this. A real surprise for the old Fatgut when he piles on speed and shows ‘em the real moves.

Pilot: [_2d6]=(3+3)=6 +4 Skill + 1 Dex

Ship’s Tactics: [_2d6]=(6+1)=7 +1 Int, +1 Skill

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Leitz »

Engineering

Andrhonal is good, but does not quite match T'See in familiarity with the ancient console. The two of them, however, keep the Hussy screaming in pleasure as they tune on the fly and annotate what will need prolonged maintenance later.

Bridge

The Farragut fell for Fearghal's plan, but caught on shortly. Dancing through the thin veils of cover, and then jauntily using the burst of Warp 3, the Hussy acquired target lock on both the Farragut and the Eagle. By the time the Farragut was in good position, ENS Henri was blasting asteroids into smaller asteroids, well past the two Fleet ships.

LTCMDR Long had a sour face, but the Hussy's bridge crew grinned wildly and everyone commented on how well everyone else had done.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Leitz »

Engineering

"The ship is the salvage yard," T'See said as the damage control team finally cracked the door long enough to send in a small yellow bird.

Andrhonal and T'See managed the engine step down to post Warp Three speeds. Fewer conduits were arcing and the warp core seemed to have a mellow hum to it. T'See looked at Andrhonal. "The Commodore will want to see you shortly, prepare yourself. I will note your performance in my log."

Bridge

The comm from the captain's chair squawked. "Commander Long, please have the new officers report to my ready room at a quarter to the hour."

"Of course, sir. On it." Long leaned over and punched the comm. "Guess the party is moving elsewhere."

Seventeen minutes to prepare.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by cybersavant »

Leitz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:26 pm Engineering
"The ship is the salvage yard," T'See said as the damage control team finally cracked the door long enough to send in a small yellow bird.
Andrhonal and T'See managed the engine step down to post Warp Three speeds. Fewer conduits were arcing and the warp core seemed to have a mellow hum to it. T'See looked at Andrhonal. "The Commodore will want to see you shortly, prepare yourself. I will note your performance in my log."

Bridge
The comm from the captain's chair squawked. "Commander Long, please have the new officers report to my ready room at a quarter to the hour."
"Of course, sir. On it." Long leaned over and punched the comm. "Guess the party is moving elsewhere."
Seventeen minutes to prepare.
Andrhonal B'Aarr
"Aye, Sir. Was this all a test?" After being dismissed by Lt. T'See, Andrhonal makes his way through the ship to the Ready Room and waits outside until precisely quarter to.

gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Return to “Imperial Gambit [Traveller/Star Trek]”