[OOC] Forward Lounge

Leitz
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Forward Lounge

#41 Post by Leitz »

In other news, Monday we found out that my company lost the contract I was working under. My goal is to keep this game on track, but recdue my other gaming efforts to, uh, nil. I'll let you know if that plan needs to change.
Last edited by Leitz on Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by gurusql »

Sorry to hear that Leitz - as always real life first.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Leitz »

Okay, you all have done great work. I'll write up the resolution, in reduced format, and leave room for you to expand with your own character's actions. The next scene will be with the Commodore.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Leitz »

My apologies, guys! I thought I had posted what was in my head a few days ago. It's up now, and I'll give you some more data about life aboard the ship as well.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by The Bindoner »

I do that all the time. Leave a post in the composition window without hitting Submit, finish it in the offline document and forget to actually copy it into the forum.....

To be clear: Do you want reports sent to you in PM or on the main thread?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Leitz »

The Bindoner wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:27 pm To be clear: Do you want reports sent to you in PM or on the main thread?
However you like. I'm mostly looking for insight into your character.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by gurusql »

I had been meaning to ask you want to you kind of report are you looking for. I am unclear what you want. :shock:

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Leitz »

gurusql wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:56 am I had been meaning to ask you want to you kind of report are you looking for. I am unclear what you want. :shock:
The main thing I'm looking for as a DM is insight into your characters. Each of you has seen the ship and parts of the crew; how does your character respond? It becomes a question of how you and your character interpret the material presented thus far. Depending on how much you want to write, it could be as simple as:

"Thelin's report commends the unity of the crew, specifically calling out positive actions by name. He ignores Long, and provides options for more training exercises."

or

"Thelin points out how woefully inadequate the crew's performance is, the shoddy nature of the ship, and begs for early release from whatever evils have trapped him in this lowest pit of career hell."

There are a few things I've tried to convey; that the ship itself needs a lot of work and that the nominally compatant crew are almost all locals, and "one big happy family" when confronted by Star Fleet regulars. The Commodore is a known joke in Star Fleet, but you just met the man. Intense, but is he really a joke? I've not given you solid information either way, but perhaps enough for your character to pursue their own thought patterns.

Your three PCs are consumate professionals with fresh perspectives. You have insufficient data but must push the mission forward. How will you do so? The more I know what your characters "see" the more the data will be presented within their perspective.

I'm not sure if that's helped with the details of the question, but perhaps it conveys the intent.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Leitz »

A quick comment that both reports provided so far are great. I will likely answer Thelin's question today, and then start the next scene. There will be a couple of hours break between Threat Assessment and the next scene; you will be on shift. If there's anything you want to do before your duty shift, let me know or just post it.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by The Bindoner »

Composing mine now, I'll post this evening.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by The Bindoner »

"I saw this and thought of you":
Attachments
trekmas.jpg
trekmas.jpg (48.25 KiB) Viewed 459 times

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Leitz »

Very nice!

Okay, I had this great plan to roll out the next scene after the conversations were totally wrapped up. The next couple of days are going to be crazy for me (job search) and I wanted to keep things going. I know you can keep the conversations separate, and I hope it doesn't get too confusing.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Leitz »

And in other news

Everyone gets a free, one time only, +1 to any roll. You can apply it after a roll, if you like.

This may, or may not, or may, have some connection to my celebrating a seemingly successful job search. 8-) Vetting process will take a bit, but I should be good to go.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by The Bindoner »

Hopefully congratulations. :D

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by cybersavant »

thanks, and congrats
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Leitz »

On spelling, Commodore Hiram Ganbataar's last name occasionally gets mis-typed. There are days I can't type my own name, so please don't let it confuse you. "The Commodore", "Uncle Hiram", and anyone whose names starts with "Gan..." is probably the same guy.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by gurusql »

Leitz wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:52 pm And in other news

Everyone gets a free, one time only, +1 to any roll. You can apply it after a roll, if you like.

This may, or may not, or may, have some connection to my celebrating a seemingly successful job search. 8-) Vetting process will take a bit, but I should be good to go.
Congrats!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Leitz »

Well, I thought I was done with the cooties; but my wife gave 'em back. I'll see if I can keep this going, I like what you all are doing.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Leitz »

Day 2 of double digit temperature; yay me!

I'm working on the next scene, but am still worn out. Please let me know if there are gaps or mistakes that need attention.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by gurusql »

Just glad you are doing better :D

Return to “Imperial Gambit [Traveller/Star Trek]”