STARBOX Episode Two: Game Chambers of Questal

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: STARBOX Episode Two: Game Chambers of Questal

#181 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

He suspects it was Kit roaring that convinced him, or maybe Vale falling from a point-blank blaster shot. Whatever the reason, Zuul was glad to see his friends after all this time. He rushes forward, yelling and roaring as he does.

"RRRAAAARARWWRRR!"

He races right for the scrum around Tympannic. "Get off her!!"

I'm deliberately not making it clear who he's rushing to help. :D He's more of a man of action.

But if he is able to reach the scrum this round, he will barrel into Tympannic and anyone else within melee range.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Starbeard »

Vale burps up blood and looks into the empty dark corner of the cave. "Master Ixivaan, is that you? I thought you were dead!"

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by max_vale »

The Game Chambers underneath Moff Bandor's Palace

As a confused and violent melee came to a vicious end near him, Jackson Crodowski ignored it all and continued jabbering to himself while etching out equations in the dirt in front of him on the cavern floor. He excitedly got up and yelled out "THAT'S IT!!!!" to a room full of panting, moaning and exhausted friends who looked at him like he had grown a second head on his shoulders and to which he just looked confused and said, "What?" in response....

A few moments before.....

Professor Clark and Kael both moved to where Vale was lying on the ground and both attempted to do what they could for the badly injured young man. Kael was out of his depths with an injury this bad, but Clark was able to raise his head up a bit and do what he could to stabilize his friend so that his wounds wouldn't quickly worsen in any way....

Vale felt his head being picked up and his friend Clark talking to him as if from a from off distance, along with the former Diplomat...Kael was it?....but his attention was riveted on a shimmering, translucent figure in the distance who he was SURE was his old Jedi Master, Ixivaan. He saw the kindly Vanurli smiling at him and he seemed to hear him say, "Mere death is not the end, my Apprentice....the Force teaches us we are luminous beings....always remember the Force is forever.....trust in it......" and he vanishes as the young human male comes back to the hear and painful now.....

Kato attempted to keep Tympannic's attention on him as he dove and rolled this way and that, but a large Wookie AND a large Barabel roaring and charging her were too much for her to ignore and in the midst of his......graceful......maneuvering, he seemed to feel a strange, ephemeral TOUCH for a moment and his head snapped over to where the young blond haired guy who was hurt bad was being looked at by the Academic and the Singer.....and then the moment was gone....

Zuul let out a massive roar and charged the Wroonian Hunter, but the woman moved with amazing speed and spun out of his way while also firing blast that burned through some of his scales and left a painful wound on his right hip and it was all the big Barabel could to to NOT fall on his face as his headlong rush missed his target and he became unbalanced. Instead, he wound up on his 'good' knee, half-turned to face his enemy and his sharp teeth suddenly went from being visible in anger to delight as he saw Kit's attack strike home.....

Kit'katarra, seeing her Jedi instructor Vale get heavily wounded, roared with anger and concern and she moved quickly towards Tympannic, noticing Zuul barreling down on the Wroonian at the same time. Tympannic spun out of the Barabel's way and wounded him with a blaster bolt, but this opened her up for Kit's rushing attack and she swung the Hunting Blaster with enough force to smash into the woman's skull so hard that both the Wroonian's neck AND the blaster broke. Tympannic hit the ground, never to rise again and the silver helmet came rolling off with a clatter as Kit stood there panting in pain and elation and exhaustion with a broken-in-half hunting blaster rifle in her hands...

Right then, Jackson suddenly shot to his feet, crying out something about "THAT'S IT!" with a huge grin on his face, only to see his mostly wounded companions all giving him THE EYE and he responded with a crest-fallen and defensive; "What?"......

OOC: Zuul is Wounded, -1D to all actions until treated. Tympannic is KIA......

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit will try and lend medical aid to those injured, triaging first and going worse to best. Herself last.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by kipper »

"Zuul! What are you doing here?" Clark calls out to his friend in evident happiness and surprise. "I thought we'd lost you."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#186 Post by ateno »

Kael will continue helping professor Clark.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Starbeard »

Vale reaches out to the hallucination of his master. "But Master, wait! I don't understand. There's still so much for you to teach me! Master Ixivaan…"

But the ghostly blue apparition fades, and in its place he sees a shape approaching; it is then that he realizes he was looking at Zuul the whole time. Then the Jedi slumps back into unconsciousness.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

"Him? He thought you were still at the fight! What happened? Did you at least get to see him in the fight? It wass amazing!"

Zuul recounts how he got here and about the hunters and the prey, forgetting for the moment about the cameras and audio. Eventually, he smacks his head, softly, and exclaims "Oh! There are camerass around, he can see everything...mostly."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by max_vale »

As the adrenaline from the battle winds down and everyone is exchanging greetings/hugs/introductions Jackson Crodowski gathers up the remnants of Kit's broken Hunting Blaster and takes the Silver Helmet off of Tympannic's head. "Quickly, quickly, gather round, gather round!" he says excitedly as he's popping the powerpack out of Kit's ruined weapon and also the Tibanna gas module. "Now if only I had some tools....ZUUL! Here, let me borrow those right quick...", he says as he snatched the tools off of the Barabel's belt and in moments he has the assembled Helmets, including the one off of Zuul's head in a pile and uses the tools to snap open the gas module and has Professor Clark hold it underneath the Helmets held by Kit, Zuul, Kael and Kato. He manages to get an electrical charge going with the powerpack and he babbles something about the "-ionized particles in the cloud should interrupt the circuits to the charges...."; as he's using the tools to pry the charges out of the Helmets and quickly toss them far away. A long few moments later, the cloud dissipates as the gas module runs out and the Engineer leans back in triumph and says; "Okay....now, we got some helmets to block out the crazy and not have to worry about going BOOM.....you're all welcome".....

Right after this is done, Kit moves quickly to first Vale and then Zuul and uses the last pair of Medpacs to bring the former to a still weak and hurt state, but at least he's no longer at the door to the next realm of existence*. The Big Barabel on the other hand is now feeling QUITE well** and both thank the Wookie Medic/Jedi Student for her help....

Finally, the group get together to figure out who should wear the four helmets and to dole out weaponry and decide where to go from here. Zuul is carrying quite an arsenal, considering the circumstances as he has a Blaster Pistol; a powerful Slug Thrower, a Vibroblade and a pair of large Knives... ..

*Vale is now considered Wounded....i.e. he's at -1D to all actions, but is able to walk and take actions....carefully and slowly....

**Zuul is basically back to normal.

OOC: Okay, Jackson has disarmed the helmet bombs....they are also now inert and can't be used as an explosive unless new detonators were obtained. The mind-affecting machine is STILL sending out waves, but at a much lower volume....so it's more like everyone is suffering from a migrane or hangover as opposed to being driven bat s#@t crazy.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Grlll..."
"I need a weapon, does anybody else need one?"

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Starbeard »

Vale looks dismissively at his gaffi stick. "I could use another weapon. A whole lot of good this one has done me."

He rubs his head where it hit the ground as he was wounded, and thanks Kit for healing him. "Many thanks, dear friend. The truth is, without my lightsaber I feel a little useless. I thought I saw my Master… I don't know, I was probably just seeing things, I bumped my head pretty hard. I just have a feeling that this isn't the end, any of this. Maybe this is another test in the Force."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Zhym »

"I am currently armed only with my faith in the Force," says Kato. "And as powerful an ally as that is...well, sometimes a good blaster by my side is nothing to sneeze at, either. Or even a stick. In short, if one of these weapons could be spared for my use, I would be mighty grateful."

"But I haven't introduced myself, have I? I am Kato Ban-Goru, Jed—"

He starts to say, "Jedi Knight," but he gets another look at Kit, and realizes that Vale just said something about having actually owned a lightsaber at one point, and, well, he can feel something in the Force, too—a presence that says, "Kato, this is the real thing."

For once his boundless reserves of moxie actually fail him. His eyes grow huge, and he looks at the ground while stammering something incomprehensible. But then he remembers—he is a Jedi! Oh, maybe not formally trained in the traditional manner, but he truly believes in the Force and knows that it flows through him! That's the important part. The rest is just...well, probably pretty useful, really. But it's not the essence of being a Jedi, as least not far as Kato is concerned.

Still, he can't quite bring himself to add "Knight." Not yet. Not with these people.

Finally, Kato picks his eyes off the floor, looks directly at Kit and Vale, and says, with a quiet sigh, "Jedi."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#193 Post by ateno »

"I am Kael, nice to meet all of you, I am a bit out of my depth, but willing to do my shere. I have a Gaffi Stick and a knife.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#194 Post by kipper »

Clark reclaims the helmet he was wearing, and keeps his blaster carbine.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul is reluctant to put the helmet back on but eventually does so. "Thanks, Jackson. He knew that room would be helpful."

"The slugthrower and knivess are actually mine, but I've found the otherss so he will share." Zuul offers the blaster pistol and vibroblade to any who wants them.

"Thank you, Kit. Do you want the blaster?" He looks at the almost pitiful state of armaments and sighs. "Maybe he can share the knife as well."

Eventually, he turns his attention to the people he doesn't know. "Zuul. Welcome, Jedi, Kael." Zuul stretches and smiles. Well, Professor? What'ss the plan?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Grll..."
"Thanks Zull, I will take the blaster, better than nothing for sure."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by max_vale »

The party of now 7 people divided up the 'loot' with Zuul, Clark, Kit and Vale all getting a Silver Helmet to block out the 'brain wave rays' and give them all clarity of thought while poor Jackson, Kato and Kael all had to muddle through. The weapon pile was quickly diminished with Kit and Kato getting a Heavy Blaster Pistol while Clark held onto his Carbine; Zuul his powerful slugthrower and a Blaster Pistol being given to Kael. Vale took the Viboblade offered by Zuul and Jakson stuck with his Gaffi Stick. Thus equipped, the party started to move out when Zuul's sharp eyes caught sight of something well hidden on Tympannic's body, in her boot. Pulling the shoe off, he found a blaster powerpack with a bit of charge stuck to it and a simple arming charge attached. The Bounty Hunter had rigged a home-made grenade and the Barabel smiled a toothy grin as he pocketed his new found toy....

Thus equipped, the party moved out and Zuul led them to the strange 'hidden door' he had found and soon the party was opening up a well concealed door that led to a tunnel that angled up and to an open cave entrance, through which they could see sunlight! As they all started to move quickly up the path, they suddenly heard metallic footsteps and the distinctive hum of lightsabers and a pair of Droids with glowing red 'eyes' entered the tunnel from outside, each one holding a lightsaber and moving slowly and menacingly towards the party. Vale and Kit quickly recognized that one droid held Vale's Blue saber and other held Kit's Green one. With a distinctive 'locking' sound, the hidden door behind them was sealed off.....

The droids look like this, save no cape and a blue and green saber vice a red one....

OOC: I hope nobody has any heart burn about the way I divided up the weapons and helmets. Quick notes: Only Zuul and Kael right now are in full health and the Force Point count is as follows:

Zuul and Kael both have 2 points
Vale and Kato have 1 each.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit growls and advances, taking a aimed shot at the droid with her sabre.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by ateno »

Kael will move just to the right and take a fires at the lower section of the light saber equipped droid.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#200 Post by kipper »

Clark takes a shot with his blaster carbine, hoping that they won't be able to deflect all of the blaster bolts heading towards them!

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”