This train is bound for glory

ateno
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: This train is bound for glory

#161 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte, who finds small vehicles relaxing to tinker with, has been quietly working on the APC while the others checked the Cutter:

[_2d6]=(3+3)=6 +2 Skill, +2 Int? = 8/10

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

He perhaps is more familiar with such than most. His first career took him into the army and artillery, forward observations recon and sapper demolitions were his forte.

He will draw up a list with Gunnar and do a little refresher training that might cover such things as timing fuses, disabling armed devices, limpet mine placement and magnetic mine fittings.

Marco: Explosives skills check (+2) & (Edu +1) [2d6+3]=5+3=8

He probably needs a refresher himself so it is good to rehearse procedures and device knowledge.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by ateno »

bsongy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:34 am "It is a beautiful firearm, a fine piece of craftsmanship, but unfortunately it is quite outside my price range. I will be taking just the 8 pump shotguns. Bayonets also. And if you could make arrangements for the ammunition for me, and have both the shotguns and the ammunition delivered to our landing bay, I would be grateful." says Hiro while signing the paperwork and paying for both the shotguns and the ammunition, adding 10% to compensate the gentleman for his efforts to arrange the delivery of the firearms and shells, that is paying 4026Cr total in cash, which breaks down into : 2000Cr for the shotguns, 1500CR for the gun manufacturer to pay the ammunition manufacturer, 160Cr for eight bayonets, and 366Cr for his troubles in assisting with the paperwork and acting as an agent with the ammunition supplier and to have everything delivered.

Hiro settles all the matters and returns to the ship.
"Understood, if you ever come into more money and are interested, you no know where I am, give 'ol Dryer a kick in the butt for me. Your equipment will be delivered by 8 pm."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#164 Post by ateno »

Monte, the ATV is up to snuff, it is a rental, are you going to load it in the cargo, there is space.

Marco, the mines are all on 'safe', there is a procedure needed to unsafe them and ready for launch before deploying a live mine.

Maris Riane shows up early in the afternoon with 2 bags, 2 pistols, 2 rifles and a shotgun. "Your Captain has hired me as a guide, are you a democratic crew where I have to carry my own bag?"

The shoguns are delivered that evening and off the passenger side comes with a cane, Lt Sir Dyer. One of truck loaders drops off a bag and a pistol holster and belt.

"Evening gentlemen, hopped a ride with your shotguns, I will need assistance with my bags, if thats alright."

I will not lock this incase there are any replies, I will open a new folder soon. GM

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#165 Post by bsongy »

Monte said (emphasis added):
Monte, who finds small vehicles relaxing to tinker with, has been quietly working on the APC while the others checked the Cutter:
GM said:
Monte, the ATV is up to snuff, it is a rental, are you going to load it in the cargo, there is space.
Hiro sees that Monte has checked the APC, that is the Gravitic Armored Personnel Carrier. Hiro checks to see what it is armed with, how many persons it can carry and how thick the armor is.

Hiro then insures that the ATV, that is the All Terrain Vehicle that was on loan from a local merchant, is returned, since there is no longer any need for it.

Hiro secures the shotgins and ammo in the ships locker.

Hiro welcomes the guide from Phoenix Mining and Sir Lt Dyvers onboard. He personally searches their baggage and secures weapons of any kind, and any tools or electronics that could be used to modify the starship. He shows them to the passenger deck. Hiro gathers the recruits and puts them in charge of the two passengers, noting that the recruits should run watches around the clock, the guide and Sir are not permitted access to any of the ships workstations. He issues each of the recruits a autopistol loaded with TRANQ. They are to lock up the weapons when asleep, otherwise carry them till further notice. "If even the smallest problem occurs, report to me immediately. If you find yourself in a situation, TRANQ anyone causing trouble and we will sort it out later."

Hiro asks the crew to man their stations. Once Marco reports the bridge is ready and Gunnar reports engineering is ready, Hifro makes sure the ship is sealed up and asks Marco to take us out. "Marco, plot a course for SCOUT ISLAND, but maneuver how you need to so that we will pass over the FORT ISLAND on our way. Garrett, while within the horizon of FORT ISLAND, record everything you can from our sensors, including radio traffic. Any other of the crew, any recommendations on how to collect intelligence on FORT ISLAND would be useful. Additionally, all crew be prepared in case we are engaged during the overflight of FORT ISLAND. It is intentional that we may draw a reaction; it would be useful to know if they have Aerospace Defense. If engaged, I intend to flee, feign ignorance and avoid combat. Any further comments?"

We then proceed to overfly FORT ISLAND, collecting what intelligence we can, then make our way to SCOUT ISLAND, choosing a landing area with little vegetation and smooth surface, gentle landing and then watching to see if there is any reaction to our arrival.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by joertexas »

bsongy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:01 pm Garrett, while within the horizon of FORT ISLAND, record everything you can from our sensors, including radio traffic. Any other of the crew, any recommendations on how to collect intelligence on FORT ISLAND would be useful."[/dialog]
"Got it," Garett replies. She splits her time between setting up the sensors she needs, and going over her information about the fort and the land around it.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen heads to engineering, stows a gun, preps the engines, and notifies Hiro when all systems check out and are ready.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

Eases the controls, still taking time to get used to the holographic instruments.

He plots his course and speed, cruising along the desired flight path.

Marco: Pilot +1 (space craft) skills check and Edu +1 [2d6+2]=6+2=8

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte, seeing that Gunnar has Engineering in hand, takes station at the weapons console. Just in case. Besides, the targetting system should be useful for our recon flight.

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”