Quest #39 "Lizards And Lovebirds"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #39 "Lizards And Lovebirds"

#101 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Are we down to only one player making actions in this thread now? :(

I will give this a bit more time before I update. Hopefully someone has an idea how to get out of this mess.
:?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#102 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Nah I'm still here, just what else can I do without Keyon/Narrimar taking action.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#103 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I know this is difficult with a missing player running half the group, but each character is allowed an action each round.

If you want to suggest how I NPC the absent characters, that is fine with me too.

If you are content with doing nothing, it is likely that you will experience an unpleasant ending to this situation. :lol:

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

She'll urge Keyon to be careful and get beyond the dwarves blocking the exit. Then she'll want him to get down so she can throw another sleep spell on them to help Elnaerel and Narramir breakthrough.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#105 Post by OGRE MAGE »

More Dreaded Dwarves
Starday, 27th of Goodmonth
Late Morning, Clearing, Warm, Buggy

Feanol urges Keyon to swoop past the blockade so they can spin back in closer, allowing the opportunity to try her magic again on one of the dwarf pairs close to the trail where the others are trying to break through. Elnaerel urges her mount forward, attempting to trample the dwarves blocking the path. Narramore sees few other options, so he quickly follows behind the elven priestess.

Their attempt to flee is quickly thwarted when all but one of the dwarves opens fire again, while the last one pulls out a horn from around his neck. He blows hard into the horn, aiming the noise directly at the charging lizards, who are clearly afraid of it when they abruptly stop charging, sending both of their riders ass-over-teakettle to the ground in front of them. The lizards lay down in the grass and cower at the sight and sounds of the shouting dwarves, displaying a clear fear after being beaten and abused by these same dwarves so often in the past.

Feanol gets her spell off as Keyon dodges several flying crossbow bolts, but unfortunately, her magic only drops 2 more of the dwarves, while 6 more walk out of the thick jungle firing loaded crossbows. Feanol is hit once, 2 dam and Keyon is hit two more times. 5 dam Narramore if fired upon but none of the bolts are able to pierce his heavy armor. Elnaerel takes two of the flying bolts, causing one scratch and one more serious wound. 4 dam

The dwarves reload again but this time one of their numbers steps up and starts shouting. "There is no need for you all to die here! Stop your advance and lay down your arms so that we may parlay without any more bloodshed!"

Knowing something of battle and the huge advantage of having better numbers, Sir Narramore does not draw his sword in fear of being peppered again. He looks to Elnaerel in hopes that she has something up her sleeve. A few of the remaining 14 dwarves begin to advance on them while others move towards their sleeping kin with clear intentions of rousing them again.

Now badly wounded, Keyon appears unsure if he should land the carpet to protect his friends on the ground, or try to speed away over the treetops so at least two members of the group could escape. He appears ready to surrender, looking to Feanol for guidance.

Actions?
C2CCF5A5-1957-45DD-854B-F77A1ACC63DF.jpeg
C2CCF5A5-1957-45DD-854B-F77A1ACC63DF.jpeg (118.7 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Keyon AC:4 3/12
Feanol (MU2) AC:10 6/8 RM, CL, DM 0/2 Sleep:9/10
Sir Narramore AC:3 12/12 LoH
Elnaerel (CL2) AC:3 14/18 1st:3/4

overall map: viewtopic.php?p=366477#p366477

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

Elnaerel sighs and admits defeat. "Alright. I thank you for you offer. We give up. Bloodshed is the last thing we were looking for." She won't reach for her morningstar but will dismount she remain standing.

"I understand this animals are the ones you use for work and transportation, so I'll also understand if you guard them and don't like anyone taking them from you.

But there's a reason for us doing it. Have you seen their state? Why do you have to handle them that way?"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Urges Keyon to get up over the canopy so that they have some protection and are out of site of the Dwarves in the clearing so they can observe and react to the talks between the group.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#108 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stonegut Abduction

Keyon flies the carpet above the trees again, able to get out of sight behind the dwarves position before he and Feanol are further injured by their bolts. The carpet is pierced again however causing another hole to appear in the fine textile, diminishing its magic power a bit more.

Elnaerel and Sir Narramore can do little else but comply with the demands of the dwarves, as becoming a pincushion isn’t very appealing at the moment. Seeing half of their group flying off over the trees, they decide that surrender is inevitable.

The sleeping dwarves are awakened and harassed by their comrades. Half of the 18 dwarves aim their crossbows to the sky over the trees while the other half point at the 2 lizard thieves.

Ignoring Elnaerel’s lecture completely, the dwarves become impatient that their demands are not being met. “Take! Off! Yer! Gear! Lay everything down in front of ye! Any tricks and we’ll fill ye with holes!”

Actions?

Feanol (MU2) AC:10 6/8 RM, CL, DM 0/2

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

Elnaerel says as she's been told. Seeing her morning star go, once again.

We've got this coming :lol:

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Hearing the capitulation happening beneath them, and with no resources to take on the overpowering number of dwarves. She'll say sadly to Keyon "Well this is a fine mess we've gotten into. We'll need to go back and return with enough strength to take action".

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#111 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stonegut Abduction

Keyon looks at Feanol with much trepidation, not willing to leave his friends behind so easily, but also not wanting to get shot at again either. He moves the flying carpet a little further away and a little higher, attempting to watch what the dwarves do with Elnaerel and Narramore, yet remain out of crossbow range. "Do you really want to go back right away? How will we know what has happened to our friends while we are gone?"

Following the lead of his closest companion, the paladin slowly starts dropping his gear to the ground as the dwarves make a cautious approach with their weapons drawn and loaded. The huge warrior speaks to Elnaerel softly in the elven tongue as they begrudgingly comply with the dwarves commands, for now. "I would suggest running away, but we would be shot down before we made the edge of the clearing. What do you think? I could attack once they get close enough, but there are far more of them than there are of us. And where did the others go? I was half hoping they would swoop back in to create a diversion before we were striped down to our skivvies."

Actions?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"That's the thing," answers the elven cleric, surprised that the paladin can speak her mother tongue. "We can't fight or run. I can't also attempt casting a spell, since it'll be obvious. They are too many. We can only comply." She says with a tone of desperation on her voice. "We're gonna lose all of equipment and become slaves."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"I don't think following them is a good option, just an opportunity to get attacked. If you want to make a brief run at them and then flee in hopes it gives them one last chance to run for it I'm OK with that. But, I don't have anything to even throw at them."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#114 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stonegut Abduction

Keyon nods at Feanol's wisdom, looking at his many leaking holes where the dwarves crossbow bolts hit him. He keeps the flying rug out of their range, but remains hesitatnt to abandon his friends. "I have nothing that will affect so many of them either. I wish we would have looked around better when we first noticed something was wrong. I think those lizards were trying to tell us that we were being surrounded, but we didn't catch it." He looks around for options but doesn't see any. Sensing that his carpet is partially damaged, he decides to get a little lower. "Lets go back to that trail down there and approach the clearing again. Maybe we will see what they are doing to our friends from a slightly safer elevation."

Sir Narramore shakes his head, continuing to disarm and disrobe. He speaks a little quieter as the many dwarves approach. "I think you are correct. I don't see any options to escape this at the moment, so maybe we just go along with what they say until another avenue presents itself?" The huge human drops his weapons on the ground and tosses his pack onto the pile as well, speaking in dwarven this time. "I will need some aid getting this armor off." He looks to Elnaerel and winks coyly.

Actions?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Agrees with Keyon's plan and begins to watch as best she can as they make their new course.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"Oh! And you speak dwarfish, too!" She says in elfish, before blushing at the knights comment. "I-I... Do you want me to help you, or rather have the dwarves do it?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#117 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stonegut Additions

The Stoneguts aren't falling for any of the paladins tricks, motioning for Elnaerel to aid him with doffing his armor as they all remain vigilant with their weapons trained on the pair. She seems to enjoy the task immensely, probably a little too much by the reactions of the blushing warrior. Without saying a word in response, they urge the duo to hurry, collecting items as they are dropped until they are both down to nothing but normal clothing.

Once the gear is collected, they motion for you to start walking across the vast clearing again, in the direction of the trampled trail to the north. Their leader steps forward, finally daring to get within arms reach of the huge human. "The she elf was correct about one thing. You two will make a great addition to our growing group of non-dwarven miners."

Keyon spins the carpet around the trees and drops down closer to the ground. He flies the thing back to the area where the trail passes the clearing and stops to watch what happens next with his friends. When he sees them being ushered back towards their mine, he sighs heavily, looking rather nervous. "I cant think of a way to help them at the moment, but it seems like they have given up on being concerned about the two of us. Probably because we have the ability to flee so easily. I would bet that they are taking them to work as slaves in their damn mine."

Actions?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"Non-dwarven miners? Do you trust non-dwarven with such an important task?" She says while they start walking up the trail.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Yes to the mines seems to be there one destination. I agree we don't have the means to assist them, and they know we can speed away out of their grasp. So lets do it, and begin to build a group that can bring down these Dwarves, and get our friends and all the others released."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#120 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stonegut Additions
Early Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

The dwarves only sneer at Elnarerel’s comment, applying painful force along the march across the stifling clearing anytime they deem it necessary. Narramore seems lost in thought, walking as slowly as the dwarves allow that won’t get him struck again. Eventually, they reach the trampled trail leading north into the jungle where a few crude small shacks are noticed, built to be hidden along the jungles edge. The dwarves allow a short break here, giving the new slaves a small amount of water to drink while they rest in the shade.

Keyon thinks about what to do for a long time before acting, finally replying to Feanol. “I think we need to follow them to see where they go before heading back to assemble a rescue party. If we can learn their location at the mine, it will make a rescue attempt a lot easier for us to plan. If we don’t know where they are holding their slaves, we will be at a huge disadvantage on our return.”

He looks to Feanol to see if she agrees, wondering if she has any means to aid a stealthy pursuit of the dwarves.

Actions?

Return to “Completed Missions”